Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

1986 Specials

(1/2) > >>

TPIR-Fan-9109:
Over the last few months, I've been trying to find the dates of the 1986 Specials. There are discrepancies all over the web. I haven't found an accurate set of dates, but I'm wondering if anyone has the right dates. I can only differentiate the specials by the model's clothing:

-- the short strapless black dresses (the day Maryella fainted)
-- the black/white jacket and skirt with black V-neck blouse (Ways to Catch a Man & Woman showcases)
-- the cyan outfit (beauty contest showcase - trip to Rio de Janiero, 3 Jeran gowns, spa, piano, Lincoln Town Car)
-- the brown/black jacket and pants with black V-neck blouse (How to Get The Perfect Tan showcase)
-- the black jacket with beading over a black dress (same outfit worn on March 18, 1987 when Kyle subbed for Janice)
-- the purple and black jacket and pants with black V-neck blouse (Danger Price was played)

I would really appreciate anyone's help!

Ccook:
Best I can tell you is that there were six shows, airing from August 14, 1986 to September 18, 1986, all airing on Thursdays. That's as best as I can do, especially since our CBS affiliate, which then was WAGA/ch. 5, blacked out the second show.

SteveGavazzi:
Brad Francini's tape collection at gscentral.net lists all six specials in the order that CBS aired them (which is generally accepted as the correct order).  I don't know how much that helps, but it's at least a place to start.

Here's a few other things I can tell you:

Maryella faints on #5.

Lucky $even is played on #2 and #4; #2 is the episode where it screws up.

Danger Price is played on #4 and #6; #4 is the episode where it screws up.

On #1, Most Expensive is played for three trips.

On #6, one contestant wins $11,000 on the Big Wheel.

Hope that's useful!

wvudegenerate:
Which show was the debut of Superball and does anyone have that on the net to see??

SteveGavazzi:

--- Quote ---wvudegenerate wrote:

Which show was the debut of Superball and does anyone have that on the net to see??
--- End quote ---

Dude, Super Ball!! debuted in 1981.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version