Author Topic: NOTICE FROM TVTIX.COM----TRYOUT CANCELLED  (Read 5074 times)

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
NOTICE FROM TVTIX.COM----TRYOUT CANCELLED
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:27:20 PM »
Price is Right NEW!!  - Wed. Feb. 28, 2007 | 2:45 PM - CBS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey There Price is Right New Fans!

You are receiving this email because you have made reservations to attend a taping of Price is Right NEW!! - Wed. Feb. 28, 2007 @ 2:45 PM.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, this taping has been CANCELED!

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE STUDIO AT THIS DATE AND TIME.

If you would like to make reservations for a future taping of the PRICE IS RIGHT New!! (or any of our other shows) please just revisit our Show Schedule Page at http://www.tvtix.com/shedule.php and make NEW reservations and print out NEW tickets.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause, and we hope to see you soon at a future taping!

Sincerely,
The Staff at TVTix.com

...and another one's gone, and another one's gone.....

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: NOTICE FROM TVTIX.COM----TRYOUT CANCELLED
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:27 PM »
This was for the Beauty and the Geek guy, right?

Why does this not surprise me?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline rebelwrest

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 08:37:22 PM »
Okay I am confused because I had a ticket for the Price is Right starring Bob Barker on Feb 28 at 2:30 PM.  Is this taping still on?

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 09:10:59 PM »

rebelwrest wrote:
Okay I am confused because I had a ticket for the Price is Right starring Bob Barker on Feb 28 at 2:30 PM.  Is this taping still on?

This doesn't affect the Bob Barker tapings.  This only affects the test episode with the Beauty and the Geek guy auditioning.

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 09:49:35 PM »
Back in March 1998 I attended three TPIR tapings (one each on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) including the 5000th show.  I had tickets to that Friday night's taping of Murphy Brown but was informed that the taping was "cancelled"--they specifically used that word.  In reality, they were taping the final episode and had a full VIP audience so they weren't going to be able to accommodate a regular audience.  Could it be that they're handpicking an audience for this tryout, saying the taping is "cancelled"?  Just a thought...

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 09:58:38 PM »
Heh...two people (well, three now) mention "That Beauty and the Geek" guy but are unable to provide his name.  That pretty much says everything we need to know.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 10:45:51 PM »
I think his name is Michael Richards.  Is this canceled test show a good thing or a bad thing?
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Cliff_Hanger_Chris

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 11:20:03 PM »

TPIRZippy wrote:
Could it be that they're handpicking an audience for this tryout, saying the taping is "cancelled"?  Just a thought...

Perhaps, but I have to wonder why they would handpick an audience for this.

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 11:49:11 PM »
Actually, I think his name is Michael "Not The One From Seinfeld" Richards.

Speaking of names, it's interesting that TVTix seems to think the name of the show is "Price is Right NEW".  Could that be a garbled version of..."The New Price is Right"?

John

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 01:14:27 AM »
rebelwrest wrote:

The "Eye-ticketing" page on CBS.com shows two tapings on the 28th, the other being 5 PM. I would think they plan to carry forward with that latter taping, but it may be moved up to the time on your ticket (more or less).

I would call CBS Guest Relations to confirm things. The number's on Price's  Ticket Info page on CBS.com. Let us know what you learn.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 07:32:28 AM »

JohnHolder wrote:
Speaking of names, it's interesting that TVTix seems to think the name of the show is "Price is Right NEW".  Could that be a garbled version of..."The New Price is Right"?

Could've been worse.  Various trolls from alt.tv.game-shows could've been on the production staff and called it "price is right is NU NU NU!"  :-P
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 08:47:30 PM »

$1 bidder wrote:

TPIRZippy wrote:
Could it be that they're handpicking an audience for this tryout, saying the taping is "cancelled"?  Just a thought...

Perhaps, but I have to wonder why they would handpick an audience for this.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to me either, but I did once have a ticket to a show recording that was "cancelled" but not really cancelled...it just struck me that they might use that word that way.  ;)

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »
It is very likely that the ticket you hold for the 2:30PM taping is for the show, and that the tickets for the audition at 2:45pm are cancelled. As with many shows, the tickets that these companies print are arrival times, not actual taping start times. They do this with about a two hour lead time so they can ensure that they have enough people to fill the audience. This was the case when this same company did GSM last summer.

It is very likely that they would tape Price and then do an audition show after the taping at, say, 5PM, which it sounds like is what was happening. Whether it is still happening or not, that remains to be seen. It could also be that they will ask the audience of the 2:30PM taping to stay for the audition taping. THAT is an entire possibility, and most people might, since they have another chance to win something, even if it doesn't air...