Front Office > The Front Office

The HYO (and G-R) situation

<< < (2/8) > >>

SuperSweeper:
Jess's post really hit me harder than I expected.

I started lurking on this site way back in the early '00s, before the site got its big transformation (which I still remember).  I've only been a member for five years, and although I've made a lot of good memories, I'm a bit sad that I missed out on participating when we were at our peak.

It's a shame that this site is not as active that it was several years ago, but I don't think that it deserves to die.  Membership is down, but I feel that we still have a core group that makes valuable contributions that keep the site up and running.  I've seen forums with a much smaller user base roll on just fine.

If we die, who is going to fill our void?

Prizes:
Update: Plans are basically public as to HYO's future. Check the moderators of this section, and you will get your update.

ethawne2015:

--- Quote from: Prizes on August 13, 2015, 04:06:34 PM ---Update: Plans are basically public as to HYO's future. Check the moderators of this section, and you will get your update.

--- End quote ---

I must be missing something.  I see Jordanar18's name is no longer there, and now we have the same moderators here as the First-Run section, but...what does that mean?  I also saw Jordan was last active just days ago, and there's no line through his name, so he's not banned...what am I missing here?

Mr. Weatherman:
I'm with Jess. We really need to open up a thread to discuss all of this. I would unleash here, but I feel like this thread has been hijacked enough -- which seems inappropriate given that this is apparently the "final" (using Chris Farley's quotation gesture) HYO ever.

ethawne2015:
For those who don't know, the HYO section was temporarily closed and made read-only due to activity.  After approximately 24 hours, the section re-opened, and the one game in progress was allowed to resume.  At approximately the same time, the section's moderation staff was changed, and the suggestion was made that the reopening was only temporary, and at the conclusion of the current game, the section would again be closed, this time permanently.

As PayingTheRent suggested, this thread should take the place of the game thread as the location for us to discuss this development, so that the game can continue without further interruption.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version