Front Office > The Front Office

Test: New Features

<< < (6/6)

Mr. Weatherman:

--- Quote from: Chelsea on August 30, 2015, 07:07:39 PM ---Putting this near the top of the to-do list. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Cool! :D

With regard to the currently locked discussion between cu, Jess and Chelsea, I like the idea of merging certain topics into other areas, such as international versions and taping meet-ups that don't necessarily need their own specific place on the home page. However, the home page shouldn't be too devoid of topics -- to some degree, having a wide array of topics on display, front and center, gives the site character. It shows visitors and potential members that there is a lot going on around here. Yes, child boards that are hidden within the 'main' child boards can still be seen from the home page, but I think for CSS, HYO and FPG especially, they should be a bit more visible. Also, I'm highly against "Pricing Game Reviews" now being merged in with The Talk is Right. It's not something that necessarily has to be on the home page, but I think it still deserves its own child board within TTIR, as the individual reviews are ongoing topics, and if a new member wants to post their own opinions: a) I don't want a slew of new reviews to take precedence over general discussions and b) members shouldn't have to dig for the proper thread and/or create a new thread for their reviews.

All in all, the majority of the changes made today are for the better, but some adjustments are needed. Once they are fulfilled, I believe we'll have a much nicer and well-organized site for all to enjoy in the months and years to come!

GuyWithFace:
I should clarify my statement on the fonts: while I do not particularly mind the new sizing on the front end, when composing posts I preferred the former font size, and hence have opted to zoom out slightly in my browser (from the default 100% to 90%).

Perhaps a font size shakeup is needed to keep things fresh, but it does make things a bit large, yes.

--- Quote from: PayingTheRent on August 30, 2015, 08:57:32 PM ---Yes, child boards that are hidden within the 'main' child boards can still be seen from the home page, but I think for CSS, HYO and FPG especially, they should be a bit more visible.
--- End quote ---
Agreed. As it is, they are somewhat "hidden away" (for lack of a better term at this time of the morning), and this is a bit odd given that CSS and FPG are essentially the signature games of the site.

--- Quote from: PayingTheRent on August 30, 2015, 08:57:32 PM ---I'm highly against "Pricing Game Reviews" now being merged in with The Talk is Right.
--- End quote ---
Precisely, for the reasons he stated. I do not mind less clutter, but the Pricing Game Reviews section never truly was a bother to me.

whammy007:
The color scheme is fine. The font, however, is not. On my screen, it's very squished, even at my default 125% zoom level. Some bits of text are mostly fine, but others are almost unreadable (such as most of the header links and such). I much prefer the older font to this one.

mechamind:
I don't know if this comment falls under features, but how does Out In Left Field fall into "You're the Star!" when many of the threads created by the original poster are about other people?

therealcu2010:
I see we've reverted back to the old fonts...but now they're even more disjointed than ever (and way too large)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version