Author Topic: The Price is Right: Renty's Great Return! Ep.3 -- Showcases  (Read 28388 times)

Offline AMGray1986

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: The Price is Right: Renty's Great Return! Ep.3 -- SIGN-UPS
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 11:56:25 AM »
I'll play

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 01:05:24 PM »
Wow. Happy to see so much participation! Sign-ups will close as soon as tomorrow's Price ends on the East Coast. We'll begin shortly thereafter. If you want to play, there's still plenty of time to get in line! :)
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »
I'm mainly more of a host than a player when it comes to forum shows, but since I haven't had a lot of time for working on scripts, the least I can do to help support the HYO section is to get in line with the other fine folks.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: The Price is Right: Renty's Great Return! Ep.3 -- IUFB 1
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »
Sign-ups are now CLOSED

I want to thank everyone who signed up. This is an outstanding field of participants to choose from, so selecting nine from this group will be challenging!

We'll begin sometime this afternoon. The first four will be notified via PM when we start, as well as everyone called on down thereafter.

Enjoy the show, everyone, and good luck to those who make it into Contestant's Row!

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 01:44:47 PM »
“Renty’s Price is Right” - Episode 0003B -- Taped: 10/29/15 to … -- Air: TBA -- Host: Renty Van Halen -- Announcer: Randy West -- Barker's Renty's Beauties: Janice Pennington, Rachel Reynolds, Claudia Jordan -- Producer: Roger Dobkowitz  -- ...and a whole bunch of other people I’ll give credit to even though they really aren’t involved in this production in reality

(Barker-era “Walking” plays)

Here it comes! From the Virtual Bob Barker Studio at CBS in a place far from Hollywood! The internet’s most exciting indefinitely-long period of time of fantastically mediocre prizes! It’s the fabulous, indefinitely long, Price is Right!

therealcu2010, come on down!

Schfifty, come on down!

Prizes, come on down!

and…

JustBecause, come on down!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right!

(’72 main theme plays)

And now, here’s a man who is halfheartedly attempting to breathe some life back into an otherwise dying section of a forum located within the deepest depths of the interwebs, the star of The Price is Right…

…Renty Van Halen!

(Renty enters from Door #2, gives finger pistol gestures to the crowd, takes mic from Janice)

Welcome to The Price is Right!

(audience obeys the applause sign as commanded)

I appreciate that warm welcome, and look up, as the first item up for bids today comes on down...

It’s a pair of iPads – more specifically, it’s an iPad Air 2 and an iPad Mini 4! These tablet computers from Apple that are totally not becoming an afterthought in society thanks to the advent of "phablets" each feature a 128 gigabyte storage capacity, which will surely provide you with enough space to hold all of your Facebook comment reply memes and illegally downloaded music, if that’s even still a thing!

And those iPads will go to the one of you four who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over… JustBecause, we’ll start with you, because, well, just because... What do you bid? :oldlol:

Bidding Order: (1) JustBecause, (2) Prizes, (3) Schfifty, (4) therealcu2010

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 02:59:24 PM »
I'll bid... $1100

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 03:18:37 PM »
Thanks for having me here, Renty! $1,248, if you please.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 04:03:33 PM »
I'll go with $950.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »
$1
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: The Price is Right: Renty's Great Return! Ep.3 -- PG 1
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »
(note to Adam/other mods who can do this: can we get the thread title updated to the current segment of the show whenever possible? Thanks :))

ding ding ding ding

and the actual retail price is…

$1,298

Prizes is the winner!

Come right up here on stage beside me. Now, Prizes, those iPads are pretty cool, but I bet you didn’t sign up for this show to virtually win something you may or may not already be using to participate in this show with. Instead, I bet you would rather win this…

A new car!

(Prizes nods with approval and claps, but deep down, she is giddier than a horny college kid rounding first base for the first time)

It’s a Chevy Impala LS! This basic model of Chevrolet’s flagship car comes loaded with all of the standard features you can hope for, including a 6 speed automatic transmission and an XM satellite radio. It’s a Chevy Impala!

That, my friend, is a decent car. And you can win that decent car playing Temptation. I bet you know how to play, don’t you? Don’t answer that, because I assume you do, and I don’t want to bore our audience with an explanation of how to play through the use of random comparisons like today being your birthday or whatever. Instead, let us show you the first number in the price of that car…

ding

It’s a 2.

Now, feast your eyes on this first prize. Randy, why don’t you tell us about it, if you please?

It’s a travel case! But this isn’t just any travel case, however. This is a Zero Halliburton Geo aluminum, carry-on, two-wheel travel case that features a textured grip carry handle and durable custom draw bolt latches, because you can never be too careful when traveling, or just when you need a safe place to store all of that cash you stole during your robbery of a local bank.

$775

I will tell you right now that the price of that travel case is $775. Now, you tell me what you think the next digit in the price of that car is. Is it 7 or 5?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:15:26 PM by PayingTheRent »

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »
Hooray! And ooh, yes, quite nice prizes thus far indeed. So far, very practical as well. I'll take the 7.

Love me some Tempty, an underrated game in my book. Got 218A on in the background to set the mood. :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:26:06 PM by Prizes »

Finally made it in life!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »
She is going with 7, and we’ll light that up on the board.

ding

Now, I see we have something else here that every person can use. Randy, please tell us what this is!

It’s $919 in cold, hard cash! This American currency can be spent on virtually any product in the United States that is for sale and of value!

$919

Is the third number in the price of that car a 9 or a 1?

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »
Less sure here, as well I should be, but I like the 9 this time. Gosh darn I could use some cash though, for some nice meals out, a sports game or two. :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:33:29 PM by Prizes »

Finally made it in life!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 05:36:27 PM »
I love how that wad of cash is a single $100 note followed by a crapton of singles.

The Franklin looks totally counterfeit, too. Now I know how Renty's paying for these prizes! :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 05:40:41 PM »
"We get the prizes cheap 'cause they're stolen" - Bob Barker

You seem to be unsure of yourself, but we'll light up that 9 anyway and hope for the best!

ding

And oh boy, would you look at this!

It’s a gumball machine! Spend countless hours rotting your teeth out with the sugary gumballs you receive from this spiral gumball machine by Roadrunner!

$700

I love gum, and I bet you do too, or at least you will when I tell you that gumball machine is worth a whopping $700. Now, is the next number in the price of that Impala a 7 or 0?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:43:08 PM by PayingTheRent »