Author Topic: The Price is Right: Renty's Great Return! Ep.3 -- Showcases  (Read 28377 times)

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Re: The Price is Right: Renty's Great Return! Ep.3 -- SIGN-UPS
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
It's like that scene straight out of Get Hard: Will Ferrell's giving Kevin Hart's character a tip for a car wash. All of Ferrell's $100s, $50s, $20s flash by, and Hart's like, "Oh no, sir; you don't have to give me that much!" Of course, what Hart gets is a single Washington. Great catch on CU's end of that cashroll, that! :lol:

Perfect! I need to rot my sister's teeth with more cavities than she already has, what with her special dentist and toothpaste as it is. Anywho, lucky 7 once again.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2015, 05:56:38 PM »
You’re going with 7 again out of the prospect of luck. But is luck on your side? That is the question…

ding

Finally, I believe we have one more prize to show you. What is it?

It’s a 4K UHD TV! Because 1080p wasn’t a high enough resolution that was a pain in the ass for both media content creators and cable and satellite providers to upgrade their respective infrastructures for, this 43 inch television by Sony features a resolution that very little content can currently take advantage of, as well as a built-in Android TV tuner that supposedly makes this a smart TV, but in reality, it’s probably not all that smart when compared to a Roku or Apple TV box!

$800

The price of that television set is $800. Do you believe the last number in the price of that car is an 8 or a 0?
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 06:00:08 PM »
Can't say enough about the descriptions, these are very nicely edgy and well done. Eight seems like an odd ending digit, so my choice is 0.

Finally made it in life!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »
She thinks the last number is 0, and we'll light that up!

ding

Now, I have to ask... Would you like to change any of those numbers on the board? You seemed unsure of yourself a couple of times, so if you would like to go against your initial gut instincts, you are perfectly able to do so. After all, what's the worst that could happen, except potentially losing your pricing game and having to wait a day or two or three before having a chance to redeem yourself in the Showcase Showdown?

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »
Hehe, good last line. As it is though, I feel my intuition is strong enough to both keep the numbers I have up there at present, as well as to go for the car with the existing price guess.

Finally made it in life!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2015, 06:34:21 PM »
She’s keeping her original choices.

Prizes, I have presented you with $3,194 worth of prizes there. If you want, you can keep them and have the joy of walking away with all of that virtual loot you did nothing to earn except be in the right forum at the right time! Or…you can press onward and go for the car! Just keep in mind that if you have even one number in the price of that car wrong, you lose everything, and as I said a moment ago, you won’t have a chance to redeem yourself for quite some time, possibly. What would you like to do?

As it is though, I feel my intuition is strong enough to both keep the numbers I have up there at present, as well as to go for the car with the existing price guess.

And dammit, if you didn't have to give me your response before I had the chance to ask. But that's okay, because it makes the game go faster, and I'm sure if you lose, you will want just that so we can get to the Big Wheel!

It's time to reveal the price...

We know the first number is 2. What is the second number?

ding

You are correct!

Let us see the third number...

ding

Yes! This is looking pretty darn good, Prizes!

You chose 7 for that fourth number hoping luck would be on your side. The question is: is it?

ding

Yes it is! Prizes, do you know what this means? This means you are just one number away from driving that car off the CBS lot here at our undisclosed location and back to your home!

Are you having fun so far?

Where's the first place you will go in that car if you win?

Do you like driving?

We want a winner! Let's give her the car!

(pushes final button)

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

You win! That is how you do it, right there! Oh my goodness, that was amazing! You win the car and all of that loot! Congratulations!!

Oh, what a start to our show! We'll be right back after we do a little business with you!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: The Price is Right: Renty's Great Return! Ep.3 -- IUFB 2
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2015, 08:54:31 PM »
As I glare down at Contestant's Row, I see a total of three jealous losers who wish they could have won that Impala, and I can't say I blame them. However, the show must go on, and lucky for them, they have five more chances to make it up here on stage. Randy, let's give someone else that chance, too. What do you say?

I say you're right. Let's add...

Flerbert419

Come on down! You are the next contestant on The Price is Right!

As Flerbert419 comes on down and takes that vacant blue spot in Contestant's Row, I will direct your attention to the next item up for bids...

It's an elegant new grandfather clock! From the Howard Miller Clock Company comes this lovely grandfather clock that serves a very simple purpose in a tremendously sophisticated way. Your home will become the talk of the town once the neighbors find out they can check the time on your large piece of wooden furniture!

...and with this grandfather clock comes a supply of...Polident!

Polident antibacterial denture cleanser has the power to kill of 99.9% of germs and bacteria while simultaneously both cleaning and whitening your false teeth while you sleep!

Flerbert419, what do you bid?

Bidding Order: (1) Flerbert419 (2) Schfifty (3) therealcu2010 (4) JustBecause

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »
$2499, please.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2015, 09:21:09 PM »
$2,700, Renty!
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2015, 10:22:35 PM »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2015, 10:27:05 PM »
I'm going to make friends with Schfifty and bid $2701 :P

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 10:40:06 PM »

ding ding ding ding

...and the actual buzz buzz buzz

What the hell was that? Oh, sorry, you all overbid. Erase these screwed up bids please and go lower than $1,999, Flerbert419!

Bidding Order: (1) Flerbert419 (2) Schfifty (3) therealcu2010 (4) JustBecause

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2015, 11:14:51 PM »
$1599 then.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2015, 11:23:42 PM »
$1,799.

(I updated your subject line, BTW. :-))
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »
I updated your subject line, BTW. :-))

Yeah, I wish there was a way hosts could be given some sort of temporary mod power over their own threads so we can continuously change the main subject line as the show progresses instead of having to wait on someone else (Roadgeek Adam, cough cough :P) to do it. I'm quite positive no such setting exists on the admin side of the forum, at least one that doesn't also give mod powers over all of the other threads within the section, but it would be nice if it did.

And while we're discussing subject lines, Teddy's last show still shows up as being in Pricing Game 1, with the 'thumbs up' indicator still in place, even though the show ended over a month ago.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:05:52 AM by PayingTheRent »