Author Topic: FPG 1/8/16 - RESULTS  (Read 4633 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
FPG 1/8/16 - RESULTS
« on: January 08, 2016, 02:35:22 PM »
So... remember yesterday, when I said this?

John Scott has one point in 11 games this season. Surely you can all do better than that in our eleventh scheduled game of the FPG season.

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that all 24 players got a Top 10 ranking for the week. The bad news, which is also the reason for the good, is that John Scott outscored over half the field. That's right, only NINE out of 24 players even got off the starting blocks. Why? Well, let's examine the lineup...

1. Grand Game - played for the FOURTH week in a row. Solo KEY game, earning $50,000 for Sideshow.
2. 1 Wrong Price - another solo KEY pick. It earns $50,000 for Roadgeek Adam.
3. One Away - the most picked game of the ones which appeared... with just five selections.
4. Clock Game - yet another KEY game. JustBecause and Tanzerey get $25,000 each for that.
5. Range Game - our FOURTH KEY game of the day. Pikachu and Kev get $25,000 each for it.
6. Master Key - a SANDBAG to finish off the day.

So we had, in order, 1-1-5-2-2-0 for the number of players scoring on each game, and nine players scoring in total. Only two out of 24 successfully picked more than one game, and it should come as no surprise that they both stand on the podium this week.

One of them is sideshowPA, who correctly picked One Away and Grand Game but only got 2/6 out of them - still good enough for third on this terrible, terrible Friday. Just above him at 2/12 is the Hag, who slotted One Away correctly but couldn't predict its perfect playing. The shocker of the day, week, and season though has to be our winner. It only took 4/14 to stand atop the mountain on this day, and that score was achieved by...

ROADGEEK ADAM! Yes, Adam! It's his first medal of his FPG career, and it's a gold one. Congratulations, Adam, on being the best of a bad lot. I'm well aware that Roger's no longer with the show, but we've just experienced the modern equivalent of being stopped by...

:clipboard:

Anyway, here are the full results for the week. Everybody bask in the glory of your Top 10 finish... and somebody make me an Oprah memepic to go with them.  :P

Next game is a week from today - Friday, January 15. We can only hope that the second game of 2016 is better than the first.

The schedule as established by Fireball only runs as far as that game, so keep an eye open over the next week or two for updates about future FPG matches, as well as decisions on the final disposition of the December 18 game.

(Side note: Since Torgo is working on moving and has had recap delays, Thursday and Friday's winnings totals have been taken from QWIZX, in order to deliver FPG results in a timely fashion.)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• Recap Guide
  • I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: FPG 1/8/16 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 03:50:56 PM »
 :hammer:  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

Took long enough. Really, long enough. All the times of finishing 4th, 5th or 6th, yelling at my bad luck.

Was the lineup crap? Definitely. But I'll take it. Now I have to decide if I want to continue with my plan to retire at the end of this game like I've always said.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Pikachu732001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Big Ones anyone? Anyone?
    • Howard Salwasser's Bracket Watch
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »
Whammy needs an Oprah meme, well here's your oprah meme:

Admin Edit: Post edited so meme is displayed; otherwise unedited. ~Jessica
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:44:22 PM by Prizes »
2015-16 Big One Tracker: 65(3 PRIMETIME & 2 WIPEOUTS)
2016-17 Big One Tracker: 60
2017-18 Big One Tracker: 11

We need more trailers.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »
Yep, pretty much just what I was looking for. Thanks for making that up, and thanks to JJ for bringing up the idea in chat.   :-)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 04:27:51 PM »
And I had Range Game in the 5 slot until the last moment and swapped it out. Dammit.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker