Front Office > The Front Office

Note About Chat; Browsing While Driving

<< < (2/3) > >>

Wayoshi:
Rrf boasted to another user in chat PM that he won CSS while driving. In transit or passenger seat is perfectly fine, but this was breaking the law.

Consider this incident a warning that serious transgressions revealed somehow in chat PMs are not immune to punishment.

therealcu2010:
Not only is it an action that is illegal in many jurisdictions, punishable by fines in most cases (in my home state of New York, for example, texting while driving is a fine upwards of $200 and five demerit points for the first offense), it is also incredibly dangerous and, frankly, stupid. 

You do not need to play every CSS game. If you have somewhere you need to be, you can miss CSS for one day. It's not going anywhere. I realize it's a fun game, but there are things in life far more important than it. If you send a couple of bids while driving, and get into an accident while doing so, killing somebody, well, you won't be playing CSS for a good long while anyways, because you'll be in jail. Is one game worth it?

Roadgeek Adam:

--- Quote from: therealcu2010 on January 30, 2016, 03:57:38 PM ---Not only is it an action that is illegal in many jurisdictions, punishable by fines in most cases (in my home state of New York, for example, texting while driving is a fine upwards of $200 and five demerit points for the first offense), it is also incredibly dangerous and, frankly, stupid. 

You do not need to play every CSS game. If you have somewhere you need to be, you can miss CSS for one day. It's not going anywhere. I realize it's a fun game, but there are things in life far more important than it. If you send a couple of bids while driving, and get into an accident while doing so, killing somebody, well, you won't be playing CSS for a good long while anyways, because you'll be in jail. Is one game worth it?

--- End quote ---

Speaking as someone who also lives in IL at the moment, it is completely illegal to use a non-bluetooth device at all.

whammy007:

--- Quote from: Torgo on January 30, 2016, 10:32:56 AM ---Is this because I told whammy007 that I didn't send PA picks because I was driving? I meant that I didn't respond for nearly five hours after the PM because I got it while driving.

--- End quote ---

Definitely not the case, as already mentioned. You handled things absolutely the right way, finished your driving and then took care of the PM. Regardless, that was in a board PM and not in chat, which was the medium in question.

--- Quote from: Wayoshi on January 30, 2016, 11:23:51 AM ---Not at all Torgo... I'll make it clear: rrf played CSS on Thursday while doing this and has been punished accordingly.

--- End quote ---

And did so while BLIND. So good job RRF, your actions were both against the spirit of CSS and the letter of the law (assuming you're not in a backwards state like mine which turns a blind eye as long as you're over 21).

PatrickRox80:
You can't get arrested for admitting your reckless actions on a forum, can you? I don't know what's more stupid, though: breaking a law or gloating that you got away with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version