Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

Would "real time" taping end with Bob Barker?

(1/3) > >>

logikreader:
I'll explain briefly:  Right now, the Price is Right tapes as if it were a live show.  Bob basically has to stay sharp for the entire hour, becuase the crew won't stop every time he makes a mistake (which he almost never does).

But will that continue once we get a new guy in for host?  I'm a little worried that no one will be able to maintain the standard of "taping live".  Other games shows I've been to seem to allow for "flubs", and every time a host makes an error, they just stop tape and reset everything.  I'd hate to see that happen to 'Price'.

So the question is twofold: 1. Would they end "live to tape"?  and 2. Do any other studio audience based shows tape without a large number of stop downs (beside commercial breaks)?

Axl:
The short answer is "no," I'm sure they would still go more or less live-to-tape, just like nearly all traditional game shows do.  It's mostly a money issue... the shorter the taping time, the less it costs to produce.  They would not hire a host incapable of keeping up with the show's format.

rn:
I prefer not being live as it makes the contestant a bit too nervous.  Weather it be TPIR or any other game show, it is better to record it ahead of time.

Axl:

--- Quote ---
rn wrote:
I prefer not being live as it makes the contestant a bit too nervous...
--- End quote ---

Take another look... that's not what we were talking about.

COINBOYNYC:
Isn't "live to tape" essentially the same thing as an actual live broadcast, except that the show isn't being broadcast live?

Yes, they have the ability to re-shoot if necessary, as well as to insert relevant overdubs (such as the announcement of the ineligible contestant on 5/8's show), but basically everyone on the show treat it as if it actually were going out live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version