Author Topic: April 21st, 1987 (6472D)  (Read 3310 times)

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: April 21st, 1987 (6472D)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 11:29:08 PM »
After many years, we finally see what the original "or two" stake looks like in Hole in One. It's quite dinky; thank goodness the current sign was introduced by the fall of 1987.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:55:54 AM »
Nice watermarks. :roll:

It's a rare episode. I get it. However, it's Fremantle's property. Placing your own watermark on it is asinine. It's so annoying to see such a high quality upload have someone's cheesy watermark smeared across it as if it's some big achievement that they uploaded a rare episode. Big deal. Literally no one is impressed, and you're not gaining me as a subscriber by putting it there, that's for dang sure.

Apologies for the rant. It might not have been anyone here who uploaded the episode in question, but I see absolutely no point to adding your own brand image to someone else's property. Just share it if it's your desire to do so and move on.

It's a huge privilege that Fremantle even allows us to share their content in the first place. Don't infringe upon that by staking your own silly claim to something that's not yours to begin with.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:01:47 AM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

ďItís an important stick ó itís my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!Ē - Bob Barker

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 05:54:37 AM »
For what it's worth, Renty, the uploader here wasn't your typical game show fan uploading full episodes to Youtube, but rather, the Museum of Television Production Music...

We all know how aggressively the Museum protects content it has in its inventory, especially since they're paying good money to be able to share it with us...in this case, as cheesy as it is, I can agree with the watermark, since for all intents and purposes, it is their property.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:57:57 AM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 07:38:57 AM »
For what it's worth, Renty, the uploader here wasn't your typical game show fan uploading full episodes to Youtube, but rather, the Museum of Television Production Music...

We all know how aggressively the Museum protects content it has in its inventory, especially since they're paying good money to be able to share it with us...in this case, as cheesy as it is, I can agree with the watermark, since for all intents and purposes, it is their property.

Ah. I was watching on my iPhone, so I didn't see the channel responsible for the upload (nor did I recognize their logo in the watermark, for that matter). I still think it's cheesy as hell, but I digress. :P

/goes back into corner
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 08:30:14 AM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

ďItís an important stick ó itís my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!Ē - Bob Barker

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »

But not their intellectual property, and while I can accept a watermark given the circumstances, there's a difference between one watermark and eighteen; but be that as it may, I suppose such tomfoolery wouldn't be necessary if people didn't feel the need to take others' videos and repost them to elsewhere.

Anyway, onto the show...

I'm surprised Frieda got as many products correct as she did in Hole in One.  I wouldn't have expected the cookies to be more expensive than the freshener.

Speaking of Hole in One, here was a classic example of how the models could show all kinds of involvement and personality without ever saying a word on mic.  The way Janice and Holly congratulated Frieda after her win was touching.

I've always been a fan of that dolly shot used pitching to commercial after Door #2 games in the '80s.  If only they weren't in such a rush there, Paul would have gotten that nice wide shot of the doors in there.

Wow, a show from the '80s where Bob mentioned nothing about Rod's weight. :P

Since Poker Game was played, that brings up a subject about which I've often wondered.  Into the '80s, as you saw here, the second prize described would be the first mentioned in the reveal, and then the third, fourth and the first in that order.  They also announced the Clock Game prizes in reverse order of description, and Race Game and Take Two would also have the prizes described in the order of first, last, second and third of the reveal.  Has anybody any knowledge of why this was done and then they shifted to describing the prizes in the order they were revealed for all games?  I've thought it had something to do with the director's preference, but Marc was gone by this point and it was still being done this way, so I'm wondering if there may have been something else to it, though I suppose if it just was director's preference, then Paul could have changed his preference later.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. Itís the game, stupid! (Itís about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 04:30:48 AM »
But not their intellectual property, and while I can accept a watermark given the circumstances, there's a difference between one watermark and eighteen; but be that as it may, I suppose such tomfoolery wouldn't be necessary if people didn't feel the need to take others' videos and repost them to elsewhere.
I don't know myself, but that big leak involving Stone-Stanley's stuff probably really hurt TVPMM's reputation among copyright holders at the time and I'm sure since then they want NO foolishness. Which is why there was such a rigorous process to get the Whew! stuff and why this and their other video uploads to YouTube and their site have been heavily watermarked. I have no problem with this.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 06:45:19 AM »
I don't know myself, but that big leak involving Stone-Stanley's stuff probably really hurt TVPMM's reputation among copyright holders at the time and I'm sure since then they want NO foolishness. Which is why there was such a rigorous process to get the Whew! stuff and why this and their other video uploads to YouTube and their site have been heavily watermarked. I have no problem with this.

Well, that's just it, so they do what they gotta' do, but let nobody forget such measures would be unnecessary if people applied some common sense.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. Itís the game, stupid! (Itís about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Online mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 04:44:17 PM »
It is very nice to see the opening slate at the beginning of the show. And as far as the watermark goes, I have no problem with it as long as it doesn't interfere with the video itself.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 05:21:49 AM »
I rather deal with the watermark then someone messing up the audio and video.

Someone posted full episodes of Match Game 16 and they slowed down the audio. It sounded like the battery on a Walkman dying. Then there was another episode and it sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks. I don't know how anyone could sit there and watch the full episode i rather just watch it on Abc.com and deal with the commercials.