Author Topic: 7833K - 3/01/17 Recap  (Read 4414 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
7833K - 3/01/17 Recap
« on: March 01, 2017, 01:31:21 PM »
Recap: https://goo.gl/6MN8JY

Quick Take
Golden Road - Loss
Flip Flop - Loss
Magic # - Win
Pass the Buk - $3,000
Most Expensive - Win
Bonus Game - Win

TODAY         YEAR
 On Offer:  $226,481+   $19,845,054.56+
Total Won:    63,010      8,737,234.20+

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: 7833K - 3/01/17 Recap
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:34:02 PM »
So both Big 3 playings of 2017 have been abbreviated losses. Too bad...

I'm starting to get concerned about Shell Game. It would have been a bit ridiculous to cram it in today with M#, Buck and Goldy, but Bonus again on 2 weeks? Is it possible the game has become a casualty of being too long for no cash/car? :(
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:12:23 PM »

I'm starting to get concerned about Shell Game. It would have been a bit ridiculous to cram it in today with M#, Buck and Goldy, but Bonus again on 2 weeks? Is it possible the game has become a casualty of being too long for no cash/car? :(

I think they ruined it when adding the cash value of the prize as a bonus, it can get too pricey with no sponsor paying for the bonus and besides being too long, with all the technology used on the show today I think putting a chip in front of a shell is just too old fashioned for them now. Just my 2 cents of a guess.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:32:07 PM »
Always nice to see Golden Road, but I doubt many people were going to pick the 0 for the waverunner. Flip Flop was pretty mean with the 04 price ending also.

Pass the Buck 4th felt really odd for some reason, especially with the SP game 6th. They could've played Bonus Game in the first half and had Magic # or Flip Flop in the second half.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:58:48 PM »
Today marked the biggest Magic # ever picked by a Contestant ( $4713 )
Other than that , we have some hard setups with Both Golden Road and Flip Flop being lost.

Offline DRPrice

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »
I think they ruined it when adding the cash value of the prize as a bonus, it can get too pricey with no sponsor paying for the bonus and besides being too long, with all the technology used on the show today I think putting a chip in front of a shell is just too old fashioned for them now. Just my 2 cents of a guess.

They should have never made the bonus cash in Shell Game worth the price of the prize.  I feel about $1000, adjusting for inflation these days, would be sufficient.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 09:06:28 PM »
I still can't anywhere near as excited about a Bonus Game win as I did before they changed the display board. Not the same feeling "lighting it up" when it's really just changing the display.

Magic # was way too easy for my taste.

Great to see Pass The Buck, one of my favorite games. And with three picks! I wouldn't have gotten three; that rice threw me off.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 11:15:32 PM »
As a side note, the show was originally going to retire Bonus Game once Shell Game debuted in 1974; good thing they changed their mind. I agree, though, the bonus cash in Shell Game should've been $1,000, but we may never know that now, will we?

I think that two playings in as many weeks is too much for Bonus; that just makes the game lose its lustre. However, I was pleasantly shocked that it was won with 3 out of four SPs wrong.

And did George have to make a crack at James O'Halloran during today's Most Expen$ive? Because Jimmy didn't think it was funny.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 11:21:58 PM »
Wow, this was probably my favorite lineup of the season so far. I don't even mind two fees in the same half when the game selection is this aggressive - I was 99% sure Cliff or X would be last (that is, if they were to even play another fee game), so I was pretty shocked when they went to the TT. While I was definitely hoping for Shell to finally make a return, it was still pretty nice to see them manage to fit Bonus into this lineup.

I can understand flipping & flopping in Flip (FWIW, most of the chat thought she had it), but I'm not surprised at all that just flipping would have won. Flipping & flopping hasn't been correct in almost exactly one year.

It sure does get tiring to see ridiculously large ranges in Magic # on the rare instances that it shows up. At least we finally got a player that set the number high, instead of the usual lowballing.

I'm surprised Jo got both of the extra picks in Pass the Buck - I definitely wouldn't have gotten the rice (and the audience was even disagreeing with her on that). Speaking of which, I thought Drew's "the rice is right" pun was actually pretty funny.

Always nice to see a turntable rotation reveal (in Bonus today), which it seems they've been doing a bit more lately. (they also did it in Monday's Clock Game)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:32:43 PM by TPIRFan2000 »
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 05:48:34 AM »

Come on Wayo, did you take mellow pills yesterday or something? That Golden Road setup was egregiously terrible. There's practically an unwritten rule that 0 is almost never right in that situation, and especially on the SECOND prize. If you need to protect against the BMW being won that badly that you feel you need to put a 0 in the 2nd prize, just don't play the game. What do you want to bet the BMW used the 0 again?

I agree with the general concern for Shell :( Hope the bonus didn't kill the game.

Offline tperkins

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 11:36:30 AM »
Maybe Shell Game was on that episode that was preempted on January 11th due to then President elect Trump having a press conference

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 11:38:54 AM »
Just caught this show over the weekend.  Regarding Golden Road, it didn't seem like the audience was familiar with Golden Road.  That's a shame.  It's only been on the show 40+ years.  Back in the day, when Golden Road showed up, it was almost "magical."  Anyone else know what I mean?

Agree that Shell Game should just offer a Cash Bonus.  Maybe $5,000?  They can always change the rule.  Hardly anyone knows what the current rule is anyway.  Maybe they decided to put it on hiatus due to Hot Seat?  Let's hope.