Author Topic: 7895K - 04/07/17 Recap Thread (Socially Awesome Week III - Facebook Friday)  (Read 3543 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
SECRET "X" - W (4:40.32)
SWITCH? - W (2:54.50)
10 CHANCES - W (5:50.74)
TIME IS MONEY - L (5:37.74)
THAT'S TOO MUCH! - L (3:03.68)
SIDE BY SIDE - W (2:51.82)
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Secret "X" was set up to be won. Seeing the small prize price choices, I figured the secret X would be in the center. It was.

10 Chances! One of my favorite games! Pretty nicely played, with only one price given that broke "the zero rule". Someone in the audience was yelling out clearly (to LFATs at least) incorrect prices.

The Dodge Challenger! One of my favorite cars! Too bad it wasn't won.

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
On the facebook live video I found the room where they pick the contestants to be interesting, I did not know Mike sat in on the picking of the contestants. Besides the look of them what else could he have to offer in the decision? He is not out there during the interviews. Maybe Scott could shed some light into this

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Good Show Today.
The Facebook Live Video Showed 10 Chances during it ( It was Locate Next to the Wheel )

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
How much money has been won on Time is Money this season aside from the $20K winner?   I am sure it's under $10k.  What they really need to do, to give the contestant a chance to win some money, is to always feature one product that is definitely under $3 and one definitely over $6.  (E.g. A $1.29 box of Jell-O and a $10.99 Gold Bond Lotion.)  This way, the contestant can focus on the right pedestals for 3 items vs. 5.  Five is just too much for the brain to manage when you are racing against time on a TV show.  Three is more manageable and there are still plenty of combinations to try.  "Time is No Money" is no fun!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
How much money has been won on Time is Money this season aside from the $20K winner?   I am sure it's under $10k.

There was one other non-$0 playing, which was $4,072 back on February 16. There have been 9 goose egg playings this season. I don't recall the setups being terribly difficult... I do recall doing an awful lot of yelling at the television and players putting bottles of water and sticks of deodorant on the $6+ spot.

We're definitely having bad luck with it this season... there were more money winners last season than $0's, and at this rate we won't be able to pull that off this year.

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Concerning Time is Money, I thought today's contestant on one hand didn't play it good when it came to the second chance.  She kept polling the audience.  This is NOT the game to poll the audience outside of Bonkers.  On the other hand, those 5 products were REALLY HARD!   That was NOT a user friendly set up.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
I think the problem with Time is Money is that most of the contestants playing seem to just randomly move around and place the items because they don't have time to think about how they're placing the items. The viewing audience can take their time to think about where the products should go, but the contestant playing the game is up against the clock and it must be difficult to race the clock while thinking about how to place the items. I wonder if there would be a few more winners if they got rid of the countdown clock after the initial 10 seconds for the first guess and instead gave the contestants three chances (with a time limit of 10 seconds per guess so they couldn't take forever) with a descending amount to win after each guess (something like $10,000 on the 2nd chance, $5,000 third, $2,500 fourth). Most of the playings haven't had very difficult setups, although today's was tricky with the Bagel Bites that didn't look like they'd be over $6.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
The game is fine as is; keeping your head under the pressure of the time limit is the whole point of the game.   The contestants have plenty of time while the items are being described, and again between the two turns, to come up with a rough idea of least to most expensive and group them accordingly.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Concerning Time is Money, I thought today's contestant on one hand didn't play it good when it came to the second chance.  She kept polling the audience.  This is NOT the game to poll the audience outside of Bonkers.  On the other hand, those 5 products were REALLY HARD!   That was NOT a user friendly set up.
Correct.  Once they start polling the audience, the contestant is doomed.  Instead of hemming and hawing if it should be X or Y, they could actually try X and Y to see if they won.  I still say, make two items a "gimme" and let them manipulate the other 3.  Oh, and it would help if contestants who came to the show actually had some idea of the prices of today's grocery items.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Oh, and it would help if contestants who came to the show who were picked actually had some idea of the prices of today's grocery items rather than being picked solely on their caffeine level the day of taping.

FTFY.