Author Topic: 7902K - 04/18/17 Recap Thread  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • The leaks Mike Richards SHOULD strive for.
    • Torgo Entertainment
7902K - 04/18/17 Recap Thread
« on: April 18, 2017, 12:00:26 PM »
MAKE YOUR MOVE - L (3:46.26)
DOUBLE PRICES - L (2:46.35)
COVER UP - L (4:15.87)
IT'S IN THE BAG - B ($2,000) (5:23.87)
BARGAIN GAME - L (3:24.81)
CARD GAME - W (4:12.72)
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 7902K - 04/18/17 Recap Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 03:29:46 PM »
I personally thought It's in the Bag was very easy today- the only wrong move I could see was putting the cereal in the last bag instead of the molasses.

I figured the Showcase with the Volt would be in the high $30,000, low $40,000 range, but I didn't think the first Showcase would be nearly that expensive.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 03:48:21 PM »
Card Game needs to go on a vacation.

7 of the last 8 weeks is far too frequent.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018

Offline TinoStar11

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
Pretty bad show.
Love the Joke that Drew told Carlin during IITB about she should be playing LMAD ( No Grocery items in its current Version )
Daniel was on a Comedic Roll with his bids. Almost got away with a win in the Showcase , except his bid was Bad.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • The leaks Mike Richards SHOULD strive for.
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 04:53:52 PM »
Daniel was on a Comedic Roll with his bids.

I know different strokes apply for different folks, but I found Daniel annoying throughout the show. Something about his mannerisms seemed disingenuous.

I personally thought It's in the Bag was very easy today- the only wrong move I could see was putting the cereal in the last bag instead of the molasses.
I bought that exact brand of molasses a month ago, and that size jar cost me $1.99. Stupid sales.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:06:19 PM »
Love the Joke that Drew told Carlin during IITB about she should be playing LMAD ( No Grocery items in its current Version )
There are. The difference is that they are not associated with games involving prices, as those sorts of games are not used.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:08:51 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »
I know different strokes apply for different folks, but I found Daniel annoying throughout the show. Something about his mannerisms seemed disingenuous.

He was kind of like a tamer version of Joseph to me. Yes, Daniel was a little strange and gave a few funny bids, but they weren't totally blatantly inappropriate compared to the other guy. I'm mostly glad he won Card Game and earned $11,000 at the wheel, even if he was a little annoying.

Speaking of, out of curiosity, when was the last time a $420 bid worked and got someone up on stage?
I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.  Johnny Depp

My favorite pricing games: Switcheroo, Card Game, Hit Me, Dice Game, Cover Up, Bullseye ('76), Magic #, Pathfinder, Let 'em Roll, Secret X, Clock Game, and Line 'em Up.

Correctly predicted games in FPG: Stack the Deck, Lucky $even (3), Switch? (2), Punch-a-Bunch, Plinko (4), Bullseye, Freeze Frame, Balance Game (2), Danger Price, Cover Up (5), Double Cross (3), Pass the Buck, It's in the Bag (2), Swap Meet, Rat Race (2), Bargain Game, Grand Game (2), Dice Game, 1 Right Price (2), Double Prices, Squeeze Play, Card Game, Gas Money, Coming or Going (3), That's Too Much! (2), 3 Strikes, Pocket Change, More or Less, Race Game, Off, Cliff Hangers, Flip Flop, Clock Game, Push Over, Pick-a-Pair, Side By Side, Pathfinder, Pay the Rent

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
I was doing something on my laptop...saw the 666 bid ....thought it must be a Ozzy Osborne vinyl collection or something up for bid

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »
Well, Drew said "Beat the devil." more than once today which means, by law, he is now in contention to host a revival of The Jokers Wild, if and when it is proposed.

Daniel was on a Comedic Roll with his bids.
Daniel came off as a jackass. That said, I surprisingly didn't hate him. I was happy he won Card Game and I was happy he made it to the showcases they way he did. Speaking of Card...

Card Game needs to go on a vacation.

7 of the last 8 weeks is far too frequent.
Completely agree. It's not even like it's a game that's easy to manipulate. It's so much luck of the cards, I'm surprised they're pushing it this hard right now.

"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Scorpz

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 10:52:56 PM »

Speaking of, out of curiosity, when was the last time a $420 bid worked and got someone up on stage?

Earlier this season, on January 9.