Author Topic: 7953K - 05/25/17 Recap Thread  (Read 15418 times)

Offline ClassicG

• In Contestant's Row
Re: 7953K - 05/25/17 Recap Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 05:59:39 PM »
What was the highest amount ever won under Bob Barker's run?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 06:15:48 PM »
What was the highest amount ever won under Bob Barker's run?

Quick google tells me Daytime, 23,000 with the 10K slot, 21K for 5K.

Also, slight sidenote, all the chips were dropped either in the center, or one slot away from the center. Good job.

Best loss you will ever see, due to not winning 50K Good job for winning big!

Question for Let Em Roll: Are you allowed to ask to reroll the dice that say Car? Because with a 1/16 chance of the car, I would have just rerolled everything.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »
The official Twitter has NO reference to this, and the clip of the day even isn't Plinko.

Absolutely shameful.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 06:40:45 PM »
The official Twitter has NO reference to this, and the clip of the day even isn't Plinko.

Absolutely shameful.

They posted about it on Facebook at least several hours ago, specifically this segment, I think about ten minutes into the West Coast airing.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »

Absolutely shameful.

Wonder why would Twitter would focused on a different game ( Freeze Frame )
Mind you , Their Facebook and Instagram page has both his Winning Moment and his BTS Video.

Also, a fact no one has pointed on , Rachel posted on her Instagram Page that today marks her 1,900th Episode she's been a model for.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 07:21:21 PM »
I tuned in literally when George announced Ryan was going to play Plinko. I enjoyed Ryan's energy and enthusiasm, and I was truly excited to see him win $20,000 with two chips left. When I saw the last one enter the $10,000 slot, I was amazed to see a new Plinko record. Here's hoping we see other $30,000+ winners in the future.

Also, off-camera, Ryan went to George's podium and announced. He even ad-libbed the old snail mail plug!
Seriously, contestant of the year material. Helped lift my spirits after how awful the rest of this week has been so far for the show. Congratulations to him.

That being said, today's show was slightly more winnable than yesterday's. Most Expen$ive shouldn't have been lost, and Freeze Frame wasn't that hard either - $7k and $9k seemed to be the only valid options there. On the other hand, Balance Game was about as unwinnable as you can get there, and Roll also had that unexpectedly expensive coffee.

and the clip of the day even isn't Plinko.

Absolutely shameful.
Whoever runs their Youtube account has made some pretty questionable choices for clip of the day (and I think I've ranted about it before), but this had to be the worst of them all. Seriously...you had a great contestant setting a daytime record for Plinko on an otherwise winless show, and you choose to upload a Let 'em Roll playing that wasn't even a full win? Come on.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 08:07:17 PM »
Question for Let Em Roll: Are you allowed to ask to reroll the dice that say Car?
No you are not.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 10:09:35 AM »
It's also really cool that this guy is a fellow Penn State alum. WE ARE!
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 08:40:54 PM »
Seriously, contestant of the year material. Helped lift my spirits after how awful the rest of this week has been so far for the show. Congratulations to him.

I must be aging out of the target demographic then, because I could barely stand to watch him.  The nonstop hollering and screaming at each One-Bid as well as the yelling during Plinko, I found to be very very grating. 

Offline Bluescreen_ODeff

• In Contestant's Row
  • Owe love...and owe love.
    • The Sweeping Developer
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2017, 08:38:21 AM »
Look at where Ryan placed those chips.  THAT...is how you do it.

See the following:
Ecclesiastes 12:13

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 05:38:34 AM »
So most of you who would actually care probably know by now that I've been way behind on TPIR for several months.  I'm finally getting near being caught up, though, and I just hit this episode tonight.  (I also just spoiled most of 7955K, which aired the day before this one, for myself by reading this thread, but that's my own fault.)  I haven't been commenting in the recap threads since they've been dormant for so long, but given what happened in Plinko, I feel like this one merits an exception.  So here goes:

Holy CRAP was Ryan a showoffy døuche.  I can't remember the last time I saw someone try so hard to make himself stand out in such a negative light.  The guy may know the show inside and out (which I honestly have to question a little bit -- someone who's really that obsessed with TPIR shouldn't have had to ask the audience whether or not 0 was the last number in Plinko), but once he got called, he obviously didn't care about anything besides drawing attention to himself -- seriously, who the hell starts a chant of their own name three separate times?  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually a little bit glad I knew beforehand how much money he was going to win -- I'm not sure the nerd in me could have stomached watching him hit that center slot the third time without knowing it was coming.

In contrast, every other contestant on this show seemed much more normal and more deserving of winning anything that they won (and some other things that they didn't, given how their games turned out).  I especially liked Stefanie, who had the grace to exclaim, "Oh, rats!" with a straight face when she went over on the Big Wheel.  Speaking of the Big Wheel, I was actively rooting against Ryan in the second Showcase Showdown (and him intentionally spinning himself into the floor twice didn't raise my opinion of him any).  I was so happy when Jacob got 95.

Seriously, guys, I'm not sure what most of you saw in this kid.  Yeah, he set a record, but good Lord is that not the way I want people to think of our community.

Oh, and on a less shouty note, one of the guys sitting to the left of Contestants' Row looked remarkably like Scott.  It wasn't him, but the resemblance was strong enough to make me go back and check his name tag.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.