Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 128422 times)

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1170 on: October 05, 2021, 01:13:18 PM »
I have to say, I'm impressed with what Fremantle/ViacomCBS were able to accomplish with this channel. Based on the fact that they "converted" 400 hour-long episodes in a year when other Pluto channels have nowhere near that and Buzzr's only converted 400 hours of Match Game and maybe Supermarket Sweep - around 300 half hour episodes of most the other shows (after 6 years). Hopefully it's been lucrative for the powers that be. And if so, a lesson to other content owners (ahem, Sony) that it can be a viable option to monetize their library.

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #1171 on: October 08, 2021, 09:46:17 AM »
I caught an episode last night before bed. I know that we are back to the beginning of the cycle again so it's 1982. One of the showcases had a trip to London and Jan molded it from the turntable by the contestants. Was it common for small trip skins to be on the turntable and how long was that a practice? Honestly, the only other time I remember seeing one on a turntable was the first IUFB on the 25th Anniversary Special, a trip to Hawaii modeled by Jan.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Go get that Daytime Emmy, Anitra!
« Reply #1172 on: October 08, 2021, 10:01:29 AM »
That was done frequently in the showcases through the early 80s but I couldn’t tell you when exactly it stopped.

Offline C8

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1173 on: Yesterday at 09:35:23 PM »
Now that we’re back in the Holly hiatus I have to say its incredible, if not laughable, the lengths they went to make the substitute models look like Holly. Some of the wigs worn by these models are….questionable.