Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Simple Questions & Answers Thread

(1/138) > >>

Torgo:
Welcome to Golden-Road! If you just joined and have the insatiable urge to ask some questions pertaining to The Price Is Right, we understand. However, some of your questions may have a simple answer that will not generate any real discussion. Furthermore, other members have asked your question(s) several times over and may not feel like responding to such a thread again!

In order to facilitate such questions and welcome new members, welcome to the Simple Questions & Answers Thread! Any question posted here will receive no judgment, and hopefully you will receive an answer in the near future.

Keep in mind these few cardinal rules:
- No dumb questions exist. Trust me, no one will fault you for not knowing as much about the show as some of our experts around these parts. No one wishes to intimidate anyone. (I think.)
- While no one will consider a question dumb, keep in mind that some answers may lie within the FAQ. Feel free to consult that first and see if your answers lie within.
- Please refrain from bumping for the sake of getting your question answered. I stickied this thread to prevent this from dropping down the archives.
- This thread has many functions, but it will not serve as a new member introduction. Please keep those to the Out in Left Field section.
- All other forum rules still apply.

Ask away!

htmlcc92:
I know I'm not new, but something I have wondered for years and never thought it warranted its own thread:

When did they go from using one piece of music during each showcase to utilizing several different cues in any one given showcase?

Mr. Weatherman:

--- Quote from: htmlcc92 on June 12, 2017, 06:42:23 PM ---When did they go from using one piece of music during each showcase to utilizing several different cues in any one given showcase?

--- End quote ---

For as long as I can remember in all my years of watching the show, there have been showcases to feature more than one cue -- in the Barker days, this was particularly the case during certain skits or (sometimes, though not every time) when a car was revealed, although I don't know when they started doing this.  It's only been since the complete overhaul of the cues a few years into the Carey run that it has become standard practice to feature multiple cues within most, if not all showcases.

rodroddyfan:
I don't know if this was ever answered, but why did they get rid of the head on shot during the putts in Hole in One?

Ton80:

--- Quote from: rodroddyfan ---I don't know if this was ever answered, but why did they get rid of the head on shot during the putts in Hole in One?
--- End quote ---

I know it was the topic of many discussions (and a lot of Mike-bashing), but I have a theory.  The head-on shot can be very anti-climactic.  From that camera angle, one could tell almost instantly whether the ball was going to be close or not.  It's really a bit of a letdown when you can see immediately that the ball is going to miss badly - and you could see it immediately when it happened.

The side angle that is currently used may not look as good, but at least it allows the viewer to feel some suspense, as it is less obvious if the ball is going into or even close to the cup.  A badly hit ball, by way of the optical illusion of the camera angles, could still at least LOOK close, even if it is off by a mile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version