Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Simple Questions & Answers Thread

<< < (2/138) > >>

GSNSmashFan3:
Is there any particular reason why partial wins don't occur in Make Your Move? The way in which the game is designed allows for the possibility of a contestant guessing just one price correctly, but unlike most other pricing games, the contestant isn't awarded the prize they priced correctly whenever this happens.

Torgo:

--- Quote from: GSNSmashFan3 on June 13, 2017, 11:42:23 AM ---Is there any particular reason why partial wins don't occur in Make Your Move?

--- End quote ---

Okay, let's look at it this way.

Representative Board:
A B C D E F G H I

Only six possible combinations exist as solutions in this game.
ABCD EFG HI
ABCD EF GHI
ABC DEFG HI
ABC DE FGHI
AB CDE FGHI
AB CDEF GHI

Each prize only has four possible prices available on the board, and the game already features a one-in-six chance of winning completely blind. I feel like awarding an accidental/unintended partial win in Make Your Move goes against the spirit of the game ("solving the puzzle"), not to mention that this would occur all the time.

MSTieScott:
Also, if a contestant correctly priced the four-digit prize but not the other two prizes, it would be an awkward win:

"You won the trip to London! But you didn't win the hair dryer or the recliner."
"...So?"

OneBidTris:
This will probably only interest the serious fans, but someone out there probably knows the answer to this question.

Have the golf ball backdrops changed in Hole in One? They looked a little faded on an older playing and I'm wondering if they updated them for the game today.

brosa0:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on June 13, 2017, 07:11:42 PM ---Also, if a contestant correctly priced the four-digit prize but not the other two prizes, it would be an awkward win:

"You won the trip to London! But you didn't win the hair dryer or the recliner."
"...So?"

--- End quote ---

Partial wins were allowed in the 90's Aussie version [from 19:37]:

Not a valid youtube URL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version