Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Simple Questions & Answers Thread

<< < (117/138) > >>

blozier2006:

--- Quote from: gamesurf on August 20, 2022, 02:02:10 AM ---Do we know how accurate Bob’s declarations were?

--- End quote ---
Depends on what he was declaring... not sure if I could find it now, but I seem to recall a GSN promo for TPIR that outright called Bob out on a bunkum declaration from him (IIRC it had to do with him claiming that a given episode was the first time he remembered two contestants making the same Showcase bid... with them actually showing a clip from an earlier episode of the same thing happening).

GuyWithFace:

--- Quote from: blozier2006 on August 20, 2022, 04:29:12 AM ---I seem to recall a GSN promo for TPIR that outright called Bob out on a bunkum declaration from him (IIRC it had to do with him claiming that a given episode was the first time he remembered two contestants making the same Showcase bid... with them actually showing a clip from an earlier episode of the same thing happening).
--- End quote ---
This is correct. The clips were from 1982 and 1975 respectively (the recording dates were displayed onscreen), with the latter followed by onscreen text to the effect of "Be careful what you say, Bob... Game Show Network is watching."

I do not know which episode the 1982 clip was from, although I believe the recording date placed it in Season 11. The 1975 clip was from this Season 3 episode, though contrary to what the promo suggested was itself not the first instance of identical Showcase bids -- and, indeed, GSN would air (or had aired?) earlier instances such as this one from 1972.

Thatgameshowguy:

--- Quote from: GuyWithFace on August 20, 2022, 10:58:11 AM ---
I do not know which episode the 1982 clip was from, although I believe the recording date placed it in Season 11.

--- End quote ---

Should be from 4631D. The Barker Era channel has decided to continue to prop up Bob's lie.

SteveGavazzi:

--- Quote from: TPIRfan#9821 on August 20, 2022, 12:50:17 AM ---^Maybe not nowadays, but in the Barker Era shows, they did keep a running count of shows where all six games were lost, similar to how they kept track of when all six games were won.
--- End quote ---

Yes, but I'm referring specifically to the circumstance of everything on the show being lost except the IUFBs.

GuyWithFace:
Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the promo. The recording dates are listed as July 12, 1982 and March 24, 1975, respectively.

--- Quote from: Thatgameshowguy on August 20, 2022, 04:05:52 PM ---Should be from 4631D.
--- End quote ---
This is indeed the 1982 episode seen in the promo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version