Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 257764 times)

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #510 on: February 22, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
Has a zero ever been part of the fake price on One Away? If so, would the possible choices be “up to a 1” and “down to a 9?”

I'm sure if Pluto goes far enough, we'll see it happen. But the digits allowing the number line to loop still exist in storage.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2022, 02:51:09 PM »
I'm sure if Pluto goes far enough, we'll see it happen. But the digits allowing the number line to loop still exist in storage.

Whoa, that looks awesome!

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #512 on: March 07, 2022, 02:14:50 AM »
Half-serious and half-joking question here: has Pathfinder ever been played for a Nissan Pathfinder?

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #513 on: March 07, 2022, 02:41:34 AM »
Based on a search of the recaps, there appear to be few to no instances of the vehicle appearing in Pathfinder. Threads here containing discussions about Pathfinder being played for a namesake SUV as old as 2006 have also appeared in the results, but they only showed what-if scenarios. It would be awesome, though, if we finally got to see that happen, since Pathfinders were around two years before PF's debut.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #514 on: March 07, 2022, 03:05:11 AM »
Are the pair of coins (courtesy of https://allaboutpins.com/blog/price-is-right-challenge-coins-welcome-drew-carey-as-a-host) seen at the bottom of this image still the actual Drew Dollars used until today in the Balance Game? If so, I think that it's very cool that they just modified the design of the Barker Dollar to be used for Drew's tenure as host and to somewhat retain continuity regarding the design. 

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #515 on: March 07, 2022, 04:27:57 AM »
Has a zero ever been part of the fake price on One Away? If so, would the possible choices be “up to a 1” and “down to a 9?”

To that point, has a nine ever been part of the fake price on One Away, which would give choices of “up to a 0” and “down to an 8?”

Australian TPIR had this bizarre setup once, to give an idea of what it looks like.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #516 on: March 07, 2022, 05:45:49 PM »
Are the pair of coins (courtesy of https://allaboutpins.com/blog/price-is-right-challenge-coins-welcome-drew-carey-as-a-host) seen at the bottom of this image still the actual Drew Dollars used until today in the Balance Game?

I don't remember what the tails side looked like, but that is indeed what the heads side of the Drew Dollar looked like when I was there.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #517 on: March 10, 2022, 07:37:01 AM »
Is there a reason why the Target Price in Grand Game has become a nice number usually ending in “.00” or “.50”? In the Barker Era, the target prices had a good variety to them, but today, it seems like the target price is always something like “5.50” which makes the game slightly less interesting.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #518 on: March 10, 2022, 10:30:43 AM »
 :roll:

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #519 on: March 10, 2022, 03:19:03 PM »
Does anyone happen to know the name/artist of the cue used in the closing of this episode?

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #520 on: March 10, 2022, 03:48:48 PM »
Is there a reason why the Target Price in Grand Game has become a nice number usually ending in “.00” or “.50”? In the Barker Era, the target prices had a good variety to them, but today, it seems like the target price is always something like “5.50” which makes the game slightly less interesting.

My guess is that there's really no reason not to use a round number, especially since inflation has led to larger prices.

To that point, does anyone know if a Grand Game target price that was larger than $9.99? It looks like the digital display on the current prop only has room for the dollar sign, the decimal point, and three digits.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #521 on: March 10, 2022, 04:35:30 PM »
They’ve definitely used two digit target prices, but it’s been a few years. There is a separate graphic with five places when targets $10 and over are used.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:39:29 PM by CJBojangles »

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #522 on: March 10, 2022, 04:52:56 PM »
They’ve definitely used two digit target prices, but it’s been a few years. There is a separate graphic with five places when targets $10 and over are used.

Wow, thanks. Hadn’t seen that before. I’m guessing it’s similar to the One Bid (five-digit) displays in that regard.

Online Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #523 on: March 10, 2022, 05:13:11 PM »
It's easy to forget with the digital displays these days there really is no trouble just squeezing an extra digit onto the readouts. I imagine bidding 6 or 7 digits on a showcase can be done these days with relative ease. Not that I'd recommend doing that.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Online Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #524 on: March 10, 2022, 06:18:38 PM »
:roll:

Not sure why the eye roll for a legitimate question, I’ve wondered myself.

I’ve noticed (and this is without any sources, just observing), that when the target price ends in .50, there is almost always (unless it’s a special playing they want won), an item that’s 51 cents less than that. So a $4.99 item for a $5.50 target, for example. Maybe because it may be easier to find items that end in .99, this is why they want x.50 targets?