Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/06/2007  (Read 12253 times)

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/06/2007
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 11:05:21 AM »
Shopping Spree-That should not have been lost; that dinnerware was definitely less expensive than the Cotton Candy Machine.  Although before her last pick, she was kind of confused because she was saying something like "can't go over, right?"

Plinko-No $10,000 winner this week.

Card Game-STOP THE PRESSES!  SOMEONE ACTUALLY WON CARD GAME!  :-D  Drawing the $5000 card made this game extremely easy.  She was a great contestant and definitely deserved the car.

Balance Game-A $10K hot tub??  Good lord.

Pass the Buck-Good thing Isaac didn't listen to the audience on that second set of GPs.  That resulted in a great come from behind win.

1 Right Price-That was easy!

Showcases-Man, that was just begging for another $30/$29 situation.  That would have been really interesting to see.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 01:38:45 PM »
Was anyone besides me expecting one of the big three to show up today?  I figured Good Friday would be one of those "increased viewership" days, and the Dob would slot one in.  Guess I was wrong.

On a brighter note, Double Prices has now taken a legitimate month off. :-D

I was a bit disappointed that Martha lost Shopping Spree.  She was a bit of a fun contestant.

Dangit, I was hoping Roger would skip Plinko this week too.  I was so banking on ½ Off showing up.

Laura had won Card Game before she even drew any cards. :-P  At least she did draw enough cards to make the win actually come within a reasonable range.

You know, I really wish Bart had cut to the Pass the Buck car reveal at the correct time so we could have seen which part of the new Race Game curtain is focused on when the curtain rises.

Speaking of Pass the Buck, I'm gald Issac didn't change his mind about the granola bars despite the audience's moaning.

I was surprised that 1 Right Price was won.  After seeing the prices for both of the prizes, I would have though Roger would have used that prize combination for a game of Switch?.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 01:54:20 PM »
"Elizabeth Patterson? I haven't read that comic in a long time. I need to catch up on that."

One Bid 1: "Where's that horn I would sometimes hear when they do train sets?"

Shopping Spree: Okay, the motorscooter and the bar set were just too easy. Then it gets to the other two. I know dinnerwares can range at a least six to $700, but that cotton candy machine just looks like something you would do a One-Bid on.

$50,000 Plinko: You know, everytime Bob says that after Rich prepares said contestants, I felt like calling it that from now on. I don't know if I'll offically do it. Also, when I saw the 3000 flash, it seems like a win, but it's still a loss.

After One Bid 3: "Uh, oh. We're going to play for a car. Bob better watch out for Laura. It looks like she's gonna explode when she sees it."

Card Game: Uh, oh. Laura's got the $5000 card. I think she's gonna win this one. Boy, does Laura got instincts. I (and some of the audience, and Laura herself) wanted to go one more, but she decided to stop there. Boy, did she!  For a moment there, I thought we may have an overbid that I haven't seen for a while in this game. Plus, I was hoping she would run to the car (or a gas station), but that didn't happen.

Showcase Showdown 1: Oh, Laura didn't make it. Boo.

Balance Game: I would've done the same thing. I just didn't think it would near 10995. I did, though.

Pass the Buck: I cannot recall seening a truck symbol on this game. I would great if I can see one. I did.

One Bid 6: I thought I heard Ivanka say either 70 hundred or 1700. Good thing Jamie (I think) asked for the bids and she verifed her 1700 bid. Too bad that didn't work for her nor Elizabeth. They're fired.
I'll bet (at least) heels does not like how the only :-D 's on the show are the ones that go to the FFBC.

1 Right Price: That dining group has got to be at least $2000. It's gotta be the home gym.

Showcases: Whenever the get an overbid on the first result, I always fear we would get a Double Overbid. But Issac's bid overruled that.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 02:09:44 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Shopping Spree -- 3:12
Pl!nko -- 3:41
Card Game -- 3:45
Balance Game -- 1:37
Pass the Buck -- 3:12
1 Right Price -- 1:02

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 06:07:09 PM »
Elizabeth Patterson is from the Ark-La-Tex and her trip to TPIR was a story on KSLA News 12 last Tuesday. She talked about how she enjoyed the show and took not getting on stage in stride. Glad she enjoyed it and thanks for the pic, Heels!! :-D

Shopping: When Martha chose the Dinnerware...disaster. :-(

Plinko: He's $3,000 richer than when he came to CBS.

Card: Laura was a BLAST!!! :-D  :-D  :-D The Dob's little forced loss was damned. The $5K card came through for that deserved win.

Balance: I thought it was $8995. Oh well. :oops:

PTB: Nice comeback after the second choice.

1RP: Very nice.

Showcases: Isaac scored well on the bloody "Freakin' Mustang Showcase" earning a whopping $40K.

A 3-star end-of-the-week blast.