Author Topic: Style Changes in Season 36?  (Read 5127 times)

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Style Changes in Season 36?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 12:23:04 AM »

GoldenBulldog wrote: [/i]

Actually, it doesn't "wipe" away, rather it zooms off to the left.

Sorry, that's what I meant.  That was such a classic PIR effect... we would all like to see that return.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 12:26:11 AM »
PIR85 wrote:

Here are some of the changes that I wish would happen, but more than likely won't. (2) light border used for ticket plug

The light border has never been used in the ticket plug.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 12:30:28 AM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:[/i]

The light border has never been used in the ticket plug.

My memory is playing tricks on me.  The light border was used at some point in the show other than the intro... was it the midshow bumper during Johnny's time?  This memory comes from my distant past before I was an avid watcher.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 12:36:34 AM »
PIR85 wrote:

My memory is playing tricks on me.  The light border was used at some point in the show other than the intro... was it the midshow bumper during Johnny's time?  This memory comes from my distant past before I was an avid watcher.

Yep!  The light border was used for the mid-show bumper not just during Johnny's time, but also for Rod's time and part of Rich's time as well.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 12:39:43 AM »
The border was also used in the commercial for premiere of the phone home game.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 12:42:37 AM »
Yep! The light border was used for the mid-show bumper not just during Johnny's time, but also for Rod's time and part of Rich's time as well.

Thank you.  I knew it was shown during Rod's time (as I wasn't even born when Johnny was announcing), but I wondered if this originated in Johnny's era.  A simple search in the FAQ confirms this.

Offline ASchuelke

• Outside in Line
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 11:19:47 AM »
Okay, so I'm an idiot for suggesting no Door #2; fine.
To me, that's a sacred "host enterance."

Remember when Jay Leno would fill-in for Johnny on the Tonight Show?  He would always come out through the blue curtains, as opposed to the rainbow-colored curtains that Johnny always used.

The other thing I meant by my post was *NOT* that the new host should be handed a list of things not to say, but rather should just try really hard to do their own thing.

It's going to be tough, as we've all grown up with TPiR, and to all of us, THAT'S how the show is hosted.  When I first got into broadcasting about 15 years ago, I took over a popular program from somebody who passed away, and had been hosting it for about 10 years.  It was REALLY hard not to host the program in the same manner as the previous host, but it certainly was (and still is) possible... now, it's the same style of program, but hosted almost completely different.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum, however!