Author Topic: if another new game debuts in season 35...  (Read 1623 times)

Offline jokerz

• In Contestant's Row
if another new game debuts in season 35...
« on: April 17, 2007, 03:50:08 PM »
I think the game should have Bobs name in the title. I know there is already Barkers markers and Barkers bargain bar but I think another game with Bob or Barker in the title would be a nice touch for his last season of price.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: if another new game debuts in season 35...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »
I don't understand why so many people think it's a great idea to keep Bob's proverbial ghost in every nook and cranny of The Price is Right.  They've already given him an honor that will last beyond his tenure: they named the studio after him.  Perhaps they will do another by the time he retires.  But once he leaves, I don't want the show to be some sort of memorial to Bob.  It will be time to move on.  When Carson retired, they didn't change the title of his show to "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson Hosted By Jay Leno."

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 05:11:47 PM »
I think that Penny Ante would be great as Bob's last "new" game. It might seem a little weird having it premiere with a new host.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:33:30 PM »

Axl wrote:
I don't understand why so many people think it's a great idea to keep Bob's proverbial ghost in every nook and cranny of The Price is Right.

Because so many people have made the association that Bob is The Price Is Right.

Axl wrote:They've already given him an honor that will last beyond his tenure: they named the studio after him.  Perhaps they will do another by the time he retires.  But once he leaves, I don't want the show to be some sort of memorial to Bob.  It will be time to move on.

You've nailed it again.  He's got the studio, the opening announcement, and his name in big letters on the new Race Game curtain.  That's certanily sufficient honours.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. Itís the game, stupid! (Itís about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline bossman71_ky

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 03:08:15 PM »
you guys are nuts...You're forgetting that Bob has become like a father figure to a great many people in the US and the world over.  He's just like Cronkite, except a WHOLE LOT BIGGER...When Bob leaves, I don't think TPIR will last for a very long time, unless they get another "older" and tenured host everybody is familiar with already...like Wink Martindale or somebody...
CSS pts: 91.33