Author Topic: Password: NBC Reviving Classic Game Show with Jimmy Fallon  (Read 2894 times)

Offline EaglesWings4500

• In the Audience
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/password-nbc-reviving-classic-game-show-with-jimmy-fallon/

I hope it is like Super Pass Word (The one when Bert Convy hosted) when it was on NBC.

Offline kishy214

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Allen's Rock Band Videos on Youtube
Re: Password: NBC Reviving Classic Game Show with Jimmy Fallon
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 10:49:11 AM »
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/password-nbc-reviving-classic-game-show-with-jimmy-fallon/

I hope it is like Super Pass Word (The one when Bert Convy hosted) when it was on NBC.

Good money is on this being more similar to what you've seen on episodes of the Tonight Show -- very similar to the 1960s CBS run of the show. I'd imagine the set would likely be a direct copy of that version as well. I'm expecting payouts in the realm of $10,000 for winning the game, and $5,000 for each word in the lightning round.

Higgins would make a GREAT host.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 11:29:39 AM »
Higgins would make an excellent host.  Not sure I’d bet on it happening, but I’d bet on Steve hosting this revival of Password before placing a bet on the show airing in Daytime on NBC. 

My guess that it’s primetime for sure.  ABC and their gameshows are perfect in primetime.  It’s a success on that network, so I don’t see why Password has to show up during the day.  Not sure where it would fit anyway unless they move things around.  CBS would’ve been the only network it might work during the day but that’s not the option right now for several reasons.
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 03:14:32 PM »

I liked the Password Plus set, rules, and music more. I'm hoping the reboot is more like that. We shall see. :)

Regardless, I hope they are more serious about the basic rules in the upcoming version. One of the reasons I don't like watching The Tonight Show segments is all the gesturing, on-air questions, and time inconsistencies.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 03:20:11 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 05:12:32 PM »
If Jimmy Fallon is involved, I'd wager they do as as much as they can to emulate what works on Jimmy Fallon's version.

Less of a cerebral, serious word game in tone, more "fun with celebrities".

They need to keep it fun and dynamic enough to fill a full 30-60 minute timeslot, not just an odd 7 minute segment. Obviously whatever rules they decide upon will be more rigidly enforced since they're playing for real and they have to clear a real S&P department, but they've found a tone that works for a 2021 audience and I would expect them to do whatever they can to preserve it.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
  • Sporcle Live Trivia Host/Freelance Sports Writer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 07:52:05 PM »
Well, this should definitely be interesting.
"Can't we all just learn to get along already?" - Nate Powalie