Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/23/2019 (TPiR Season 47 Kids Week - Day II: Elementary)  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Episode #8672K (Kids Week – Day II: Elementary)
Aired – 4/23/2019; Taped – 9/30/2018
Models: James O'Halloran, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Rachel
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Snowboard, Surfboard and Action Cameras (Boy and girl's snowboards; boots, bindings, helmets; 5ft 8in surfboards, pair GoPro of action cameras with 4 mounts); ARP: $2,080 (James)

LUCAS/KATELYN/
MOLLY
TIFFANY/CORRINE ESTEBAN/ESTEBAN MARIA/JESSE/SOPHIE
1050 1100 1499 1524

The winner is...
MARIA/JESSE/
SOPHIE

Maria, Jessie and Sophie are playing SWITCH? for:

1. Trip to Costa Rica (RT Coach for 4 to Juanacasta, CR fo ra 6n stay in a 2br private villa at Recreo + prviate RT airport transportation, private surfing lesson for 4) (James)
  2. Trip to Canada (RT Coach to Whistler, BC for a 6n stay in a crystal room at the Crystal Lodge and Suites + prviate snowbarding lesson for 4) (Rachel)

These prices are either correct or need to be switched:

COSTA RICA   CANADA
$11,221   $13,580
SWITCH?   SWITCH?

They choose to switch...

COSTA RICA   CANADA
$13,580   $11,221
$13,580 WIN $11,221

Second IUFB: Ultiamte Collection of Building Sets (Lego: 12 sets of Legos); ARP: $1,208 (Rachel)

LUCAS/KATELYN/
MOLLY
TIFFANY/CORRINE ESTEBAN/ESTEBAN ANGELA/ELIAS
1300 675 900 550

The winner is...
ESTEBAN/
ESTEBAN

Esteban and Esteban, who is age 10, is playing One Away for a 2018 Toyota Yaris iA Sedan (1.5L engine, 6-speed AT, FWD, cargo net, center armrest, carpeted trunk mat) (James).

Oh, mighty sound effects lady!!! Do they have...

One right? HONK!

Two right? HONK!

Three right? HONK!

Four right? EPIC SILENCE!

WIN

Third IUFB: Guitars and Keyboard (6 guitars with straps and portable keyboard with stand, bench and power adapter); ARP: $1,518 (James)

LUCAS/KATELYN/
MOLLY
TIFFANY/CORRINE JEANNETTE/ZOEY ANGELA/ELIAS
1800 1350 1699 1997

The winner is...
TIFFANY/
CORRINE

Tiffany and Corrine, who is 6 years old, is playing Grand Game for a chance to win up to $10,000!

The target price is...

$4.50

They start out at $1.00:

$1.00

The items are:

• Suave Kids Shampoo (12.1oz)
  • Kraft Mac & Cheese Dinner
  • Flinstones Sour Vitamins
  • Pop-Tartrs Strawberry
  • Breyer's Ice Cream
  • Band-Aid Hello Kitty Bandages

Pick 1: Bandages

$3.99
$10.00

Pick 2: Pop Tarts

$2.49
$100.00

Pick 3: Shampoo

$1.99
$1,000.00

Pick 4: Mac & Cheese

$3.49
$10,000.00

WIN (ARP of the gummies: $18.99; ARP of the ice cream: $5.99)

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Tiffany & Corrine $11,518 75 STAY .75
Esteban & Esteban $19,465 75 STAY .75
Maria, Jesse & Sophie $26,881 55 25 .80 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Inflatable Waterpark (Inflatable waterpark with dual slides, climbing wall); ARP: $999 (James)

LUCAS/KATELYN/
MOLLY
TIMOTHY/ELIZABETH/
CAROLINE
JEANNETTE/ZOEY ANGELA/ELIAS
751 750 550 1200

The winner is...
LUCAS/KATELYN/
MOLLY

Lucas, Katelyn and Molly, the last of the first ten, are playing Cover Up for a 2018 Kia Forte LX (2L engine, 6-speed AT, FWD, cargo mat, cargo net, cargo tray, etch protection) (Rachel).

7 5
    2 8 3
  1 7 4 9
3 9 6 2 7
1 4 8 5 0
S I G N S

7 5
    2   3
  1 7 4 9
3     2 7
  4 8 5 0
1 9 6 8 4

7 5
  1   4 9
3       7
  4 8 5 0
1 9 7 2 3

7 5

1   4 9
3       7
  4 8   0
1 9 2 5 3
1 9 2 5 3

WIN

Fifth IUFB: Game Room (Park & Sun Sports: Indoor/Outdoor foosball table; 8ft skee-ball table; everyone in the audience will be taking home Hasbro games and you can win one at home); ARP: $1,966 (Rachel)

CHARLENE/JUSTICE TIMOTHY/ELIZABETH/
CAROLINE
JEANNETTE/ZOEY ANGELA/ELIAS
790 1600 1 1601

The winner is...
ANGELA/
ELIAS

Angela & Elias are playing SECRET X for ultimate slumber party package (Television; ice cream and popcorn for a year; bunk bed and sleeping bags; ARP: $6,063) (James).

They place the free X...

The small prizes are:

1. Mini Doll Set
  2. Hulk Action Figure
X
?

?

?

$20
$49
DOLL SET

$20
$49
$20
X
?

?

?

$38
$75
ACTION FIGURE

$38
$75
$75
X
?

?

?

The secret X is revealed...
X

X

LOSS (Total Winnings: $20)

Sixth IUFB: Pair of Gaming Chairs and Tablets (Cushioned rocking chairs and pair of 32GB tablets with parental controls); ARP: $738 (James)

CHARLENE/JUSTICE TIMOTHY/ELIZABETH/
CAROLINE
JEANNETTE/ZOEY JOHN/HANNAH
805 600 601 795

The winner is...
JEANNETTE/
ZOEY

Jeannette and Zoey, who is 6 years old, are playing Most Expen$ive for:

1. Sneaker and BAg Collection (Boys and Girls collection of 8 sneakers, 4 backpacks, and 2 suitcases) (James).
2. Pair of Off-Road Vehicles (Kawasaki: KLX 110 off-road motorcycle with 4-speed transmission; KFX 50 ATV with 50cc engine, CVT, 2 helmets) (Rachel)
3. Desktop Computer (25in monitor, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 2TB HD) (George).

Guess: 2.

$1044 $4788 $2290
  WIN  

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Angela & Elias $1,986 90 STAY .90
Jeanette & Zoey $8,860 25 70 .95 *OVERTIME*
Lucas, Katelyn & Molly $20,252 45 40 .85

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Maria, Jesse & Sophie have the honors...

SC1 - Jeannette & Zoey

MAGICAL WORLD
  • Video Game Package and Television (Microsoft: XBox 1 with extra controller, 3 games; 86in LED 4K smart television) (Rachel)
  • Trampoline (JumpSport: 14ft trampoline with basketball hoop and inflatable ball) (James)
  • 2018 Chevrolet Sonic LT (1.8L engine, 6-speed AT, FWD, paint/fabric protection) (Rachel)
Bid: $25,000

SC2 - Maria, Jesse & Sophia

WATER FUN
  • Trip to Hawaii (RT Coach for 4 to Honolulu, HI for a 5n stay in an oceanfront room at hte Hyatt Regency Waikiki BEach Resort and Spa + snorkeling adventure included) (James)
  • Aquarium (55gal aquarium with accessory kit, stand, $1000 for supplies) (Rachel)
  • Wakeboard and Boat (Ronix: Fun Board with boots and tow rope; Bayliner: 160 Bowrider with 60HP 4-stroke outboard motor, automatic bilge pump, trailer) (James)
Bid: $27,000
$25,000
CAR
$26,811
$1,811
CAR
*WIN*
$35,671
Maria, Jesse & Sophia
$27,000
HAWAII/BOAT
$32,897
$5,897
HAWAII/BOAT

Results: 5 out of 6
Winnings: $115,773
Biggest Winner: Jeannette & Zoey

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
I have to admit that these Kids Weeks are going really well.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Ever since they started doing it, I have enjoyed the Kids Weeks, especially the first couple days with the preschool- and middle school-aged kids.

Too bad we didn't get a perfect show, it was so close. I'm surprised the contestants didn't place their X to cover the middle like many contestants do.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
I have to admit that these Kids Weeks are going really well.

I agree. It seems Drew is good with the kids and -- just like with the adults of course -- really wants them to win and is genuinely disappointed when they don't win.

When it comes the junior high-aged and teen groups to play, I just hope they (the contestants) don't get too many stars in their eyes and are able to concentrate on the game and do their best. If they win, awesome ... but if they lose, then I hope they aren't disappointed. (Last year seemed to go very well, though.)

Looking forward to the rest of the week.

Brian

Offline SanAnMan

• In Contestant's Row
  • Always look on the bright side of life.
No complaints here either. The kids were definitely into the games more than the preschoolers yesterday (with age comes wisdom). And who can argue against a near-perfect show?

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
I agree! I definitely would've placed the x down below banking on the x being in the middle, but the Incredible Hulk figure would've baffled me the exact same way! As for the kids themselves, I'd have to say that there is nothing star-crossed about them whatsoever. And I'm certain that we'll see more of that as the days progress.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
I agree! I definitely would've placed the x down below banking on the x being in the middle, but the Incredible Hulk figure would've baffled me the exact same way! As for the kids themselves, I'd have to say that there is nothing star-crossed about them whatsoever. And I'm certain that we'll see more of that as the days progress.

I'm guessing the contestant coordinators vet these kids out pretty well ... they figure out who is well-behaved or will be the most behaved, and I'm sure they go over this with the audience beforehand.

In the cases of losses, one great thing is the kids have been great sports. Just about every contestant over the years have, I'm sure to be honest, but kids being, well, kids, you don't always know how they're going to act or react ... but again, I'm pleasantly surprised that, when a game doesn't end in a win or they don't make it on stage, they've been great sports. Always good to see.

Brian

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
I thought it was a pretty tough choice between the mac and cheese and ice cream in Grand Game for the second produce over $4.50 with the vitamins.

A Secret X loss away from a perfect show. That Hulk doll was definitely tricky, and it was surprising they didn't go for the secret X being in the middle.

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
A Secret X loss away from a perfect show. That Hulk doll was definitely tricky, and it was surprising they didn't go for the secret X being in the middle.

My thoughts exactly, on both accounts! I guess they assumed that the x would try to be sneaky and be elsewhere for the most part.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
"X" is always in the middle on special/themed shows.  Always.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Hulk mad that Secret "X" ruined all chances of perfect show!