Author Topic: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season 4  (Read 60110 times)

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
Re: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season 4
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 10:26:00 PM »
Dogs: Snoopy, Lassie, Odie, Rin Tin Tin, Toto
'IRS": "I'm the agency taxpayers hate on April 15th".
Coffee: Folgers, Maxwell House, Sanka, Yuban, Green Mountain
Y words: Yellow, Yodel, Yes, Yield
"Gravy: "You pour me over mashed potatoes and meat".
Kick: Donkey's leg, The Rockettes, Soccer player's leg
Candy Bars: Snickers, Butterfinger, Heath, Payday
Italian: Rome, Pasta, Wine, Tuscany

One "Mystery 7" was won.
$169,000 was won tonight. Season total: $259,500.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 10:35:04 PM »
Gage played the game impeccably.  His second trip to the Winner's Circle was amazing to watch; he cleared it in just 31 seconds and he won the $100,000 in the process, becoming this season's first $150,000 winner.

Addie and Randy played a very strong game in the first round of the second half, including two buzzer beaters, leading to an exciting tiebreaker.  It's too bad that Addie couldn't take the Winner's Circle for $50,000 or $100,000.  Her methodical method of clue-giving allowed her to come up with some specific clues, and she lucked out on reaching the top in her first trip.  Still, $19,000 and the Mystery 7 trip is a nice day's work.

I noticed that this episode contained a plug for the show's casting website, castingpyramid.com.  Does this mean the show will be renewed for a fifth season next summer?  I hope so, as I'd love to see more people get on, play the game and win big.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 10:43:00 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 09:51:46 PM »
Hi everyone,  I'd like to let you all know that I had a great time playing tonight.  I was contestant Paul in the first half of the show! 

This was my first experience as a game show contestant, and it was amazing!  All those years watching reruns of the Dick Clark era and this version paid off; I finally got on the show and played the game for real!

I hope you had as much fun watching this as I had playing it!

Paul - your episode didn't air on CTV here in Canada until tonight and it was a delight to see! It was very exciting to see you play - congratulations!

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 10:01:40 PM »
On the June 30th episode: Congratulations to Brielle (hopefully spelled correctly) on her $150,000 win. She is the second player this season to reach that mark. She was an excellent player who gave excellent clues, including "two-faced personality" and "breast implants" for "Things You Fake" (keyword being 'fake') and "an old face" and "an un-ironed shirt" for "Wrinkled Things".

Not a good Pyramid player: Alyson Hannigan. She even apologized to the viewing audience.

So close to $50,000 in the second half-hour! Even using the word "ones" wasn't enough for Joel McHale to get "Types of Books". Strahan's "hardcover" and "paperback" were superb.

And finally, the contestant gave some clues I wasn't expecting for "Kinds of Teeth" ("braces ones"??, "nice ones"). The judge accepted Joel's "Things That Go On Your Teeth" for that subject. Hmmm....   I would say she made up for those with the ones she gave for "Things That Glow". $50K win. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:11:53 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 10:07:00 PM »
Brielle played the game beautifully.  She gave great clues in her Winner's Circles to become the second $150,000 winner of the season.  I thought the "Friends" category was going to be killer, but Bobby Berk made the connections and helped her win.

Also, there were some humorous moments in the first half's first game: "Send in the..." "Clowns" for "Troops," being one of my favorites.

Alyson was not a good player at this game.  Her clue-giving in the first half of the second game wasn't easy to follow and it resulted in the game being over after five subjects.

Like the season premiere, there was a heartbreaking loss in the second game's first winner's circle.  Anthony gave some good clues, but more specific ones like "hardcover" and "paperback" (I thought of "Barnes & Noble ones" or "Bibles" and "Dictionaries") would have resulted in a $50,000 win.

Congratulations to Emerald for winning the Mystery 7 and $50,000 with Joel McHale.  She really connected with him when they were paired together.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:13:45 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 10:18:57 PM »
Chefs: Julia Child. Wolfgang Puck, Paula Deen, Guy Fieri
Mustard: French's, Grey Poupon, Dijon
Apples: Red Delicious, Granny Smith, Macintosh
Santa: The North Pole, Your chimney, A mall's Christmas display
"Mechanic": "I fix people's cars for a living".
New Orleans: Bourbon St., Mardi Gras, Cajun cuisine
Music: Country, Rock, R & B, Disco
Makeup: Maybelline, Cover Girl, Max Factor, Revlon

$213,500 was won tonight. Season Total: $473,000
1 "Mystery 7" prize won.
2nd $150,000 winner this season.
"_____ Rushmore" for Mount.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 07:30:57 AM »
Also, there were some humorous moments in the first half's first game: "Send in the..." "Clowns" for "Troops," being one of my favorites.
I probably would have said the same thing if I received the clue of “Send in the...” :)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2019, 10:02:08 PM »
On the July 7th episode: Not one, not two, but three $50K wins during the hour.

I've never watched Impractical Jokers, but the celebrity players were pretty funny. They were also pretty good Pyramid players; quick thinking on how to get "The Wynn". Rachel was a very good player; so was Ross Mathews. Roselyn Sanchez was not.

How about the play on words with "I Haven't The Vegas Idea" and "If You Love That Hotel So Much, Then Marriott"? You see, you can get laughs without at all being crude or sexual.

On the Winner's Circle subjects: I immediately thought of "you twiddle them" for "Things You Do With Your Thumbs". (Yep, I'm old school. :) ) There's also "you hitchhike with them". From the way he appeared, I don't think Ross was going to get "Deadly Sins". I liked "a crashing plane" for "Things That Fall From The Sky"; I would have added "a meteorite", "rain" and "snow".

Any excellent clues for "Things That Are Soothing"? I came up with "a warm bath", "massaging fingers", and "a back rub". And, how about "an overly warm drink" for "Things You Ice"?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 10:11:28 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2019, 10:26:18 PM »
Feet: Socks, Shoes, Sandals, Nail polish
Dry: Desert, Fresh laundry, Skin, Mopped floor
Cold: Cough, Sneeze, Runny nose, Fever
Thumbs: Hitchhike, Video game controller
"Mustard": "I'm the yellow condiment you put on sandwiches, hot dogs, and burgers".
Sky: Rain, Snow, Dead satellite, comet
Golfers: Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer, Phil Mickelson
Ice: Sprained ankle, Bruised knee, A cake, A donut

$154,500 was won tonight. Season total: $627,500.
A bit disappointed no one played for $100,000 or won the "Mystery 7s".
I give this show a C.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2019, 10:46:46 PM »
I've never watched Impractical Jokers, but the celebrity players were pretty funny. They were also pretty good Pyramid players; quick thinking on how to get "The Wynn".
I love the show so it was awesome seeing them on as Pyramid celebrity players tonight. It's a show that people either find hysterical or stupid and immature.

For "Things You Ice," my first thoughts were a birthday cake, champagne, and a bruise.
Things You Do With Your Thumbs- Text, play video games, show approval, hitchhike.

Offline Cool Steve

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 11:00:20 AM »
For the Yogurt one The Contestant Rachel said Yoplait isn't Yo part of the word Yogurt also for the Peacock clue mine woulda been The Other Network's Mascot

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2019, 01:01:23 PM »
For the Yogurt one The Contestant Rachel said Yoplait isn't Yo part of the word Yogurt
I see your point, but Yoplait is a brand of yogurt, so I’m thinking that is why the clue was deemed acceptable.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2019, 11:02:24 PM »
I think since Yo is the only part that is also in yogurt it was fine. If the contestant were to say "Go-gurt" that would very likely be buzzed since it contains the main part of the word.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »
On the July 14th episode: OK. Gronk is a Super Bowl champion, but not a champion Pyramid player. Quite different games, I understand. :)    Quick thinking with the "Edelman being faster than a cheetah" quip though.

Bobby Moynihan is, on the other hand, a very good player, who, as mentioned on air, has won over $300,000 for his contestant partners over the years of the current iteration of the show. I'm a fan and he's probably my favorite celebrity guest on this version. You might know him from his long tenure on SNL and/or as the voice of Panda on "We Bare Bears". He helped the only $50K winner of the hour conquer his pyramid. 

Wait a minute! What did the things in the "Bosox Injection" subject have in common? Strahan didn't reveal it on the air. Was it edited out for broadcast?

"Things That Are Strong"? How about "a powerlifter" and "a stiff drink"? "Chopping onions" immediately came to mind for "Things That Make You Cry", and "football players" & "motorcycle riders" for "People Who Wear Helmets". In hindsight, I would have said "protected football players" and "protected motorcycle riders".

I sympathize with the contestant; I would have to pause and think as well upon seeing "Words With Two-Letters". I came up with "up" and "by" after a little thought. (The clue of "to" was deemed unacceptable; it sounds too much like "two". :) ) And nice clues given for "Things On Earth": "countries", "oceans", "atmosphere"; I also think the way those clues were delivered helped. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:09:40 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 10:23:43 PM »
"Conductor": "I say all aboard on a train"; "I lead the orchestra".
Fad dances: Macarena, The Hustle, Gangnam Style, The Twist
Watches: Timex, Rolex, Casio, Lucien Picard
Cry: Cutting onions, sad movies, funerals
Cooking: Fry, saute, bake, roast, broil
Two letter: No, Go, In, By, He, Me, My, It
Comics: Garfield, Peanuts, Doonesbury
Muscles: Biceps, triceps, pectoral, abdominal

Total won tonight: $78,500 (Lowest total so far). Season total: $706,000
Once again, No one played for $100,000 or won the "Mystery 7s".
The first 30 minutes were a major disappointment.
I think "Bosox Injection" was "Things associated with the Boston Red Sox".