Author Topic: Shock's Half Hour Price is Right: Episode 2: IUFB1  (Read 60100 times)

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
Shock's Half Hour Price is Right: Episode 2: IUFB1
« on: August 26, 2019, 02:03:23 PM »
Come on down!

Yup, I'm back yet again! And guess what? I'm not done with the 1972 throwback theme just yet! To continue to pay tribute to this forum's renewal, and just The Price is Right in general, this will be a half hour show, just like it was back in 1972. And, coincidentally, that is going to be the theme of this show. That's right; I'm going to modernize this episode based on how it would have appeared in the first year The New Price is Right was aired!

So if you're excited to see this modern adaptation of classic Price is Right one more time, sign up so we can have some fun!  :-)

I still don't have any graphics, but I will have pictures and different font colors, so you'll be able to see everything nice and clear.  :-)

Now, I'll restate my rules.

1. I will send you a PM when you are called down to Contestant's Row, but it is your responsibility to check your messages frequently to make sure you don't miss it.

2. 24 hours for everything! If you fail to meet this 24 hour deadline once, you will be skipped in Contestant's Row, and I will call up another person if you miss this deadline during a pricing game, the Showcase Showdown, or the Showcases. If you miss the deadline twice in Contestant's Row, you will be eliminated.

3. I can be flexible with the deadline as long as you PM me details beforehand. I can and will handle it from there.

4. Audience participation is very much encouraged!  :-) ...It's also more or less compulsory.  ;-)  :P

And, of course, to spice things up a bit, I have yet another scenario for all of you. The funniest and most creative responses will allow you to gain heavy priority in when you are called up to Contestant's Row, so it is very much encouraged for you to create one if you sign up for this show.  :-)

Here is the scenario:

In the 40th Season of The Price is Right, the Halloween episode had a 70s theme to it, and the reception was mixed. But now, with the 48th season approaching, the new producer decides to give you a hand in creating a sequel to that particular special for Halloween. How do you make that special as funkerific, fun, and accurate to the 70s theme as possible?

Have fun, and I will start the episode on August 29th! As such, you all have about 72 hours to sign up for this show, although I am open to extending this deadline at any point. I hope you'll sign up so we can all have a great time!  :-)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 07:04:56 PM by therealcu2010 »
Stop the madness.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
You know I'm down to join, Shock. To improve on the Halloween show, I watched some film (rewatched the episode) and came up with a 3-step gameplan.

1. Throw on all the flashy lights. Back in Season 40, we didn't have the huge video and all the extra lights, so let's see what those back boys can do! If I don't have a headache from just walking into the studio, it's not enough.

2. Some sweet, soul music. The music wasn't bad the first time around. But, for all that is good in the world, give me a Motown-themed showcase. I'll even pay for the royalties (or find someone to pay for them  :-D )

3. Finally, and probably most importantly, at least try to set up a game or two for a win. Some of those setups (I remember that Bonus Game playing vividly) were unacceptable to say the least. Don't have to give it all away, but you can give something.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
A "Pricegate" theme, where contestants are given information about the prizes and prices before the show in order to help them win, making it the first and only time where cheating is encouraged on the show.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
Count me in. I can't think of any.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
I’d love to join.  Too bad I can’t think of anything for the scenario though.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
First, the set. Decorate it in pairs of orange and black and green and purple. Some gravestones would be nice. (Real ones...why not?) Drew comes out from behind the Beaded Curtain to an audience of 9 humans and 291 skeletons.

Second, the music needs an update. The main theme is "Monster Mash". The losing horns are replaced with groans and moans, and the Come on Down music is a Victorian funeral dirge.

Third, the showcases. One of them includes a turntable package with hit Halloween songs from throughout the decades,  a trip to Transylvania and, because fire can be scary...a Ford Pinto.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
I will sign up.

A sequel you say. When I think of sequel to the 70s I think of the 80s. That's the route I take. Bright neon colours, fun geometric shapes and frizzy hair about. A nice pleasant upbeat set.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
I'm going to start the show tomorrow. Sorry about the delay, but I just want to make sure everyone who has a chance to sign up does so.  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
And... sign-ups are closed! Let's get this show on the road!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTc3BVvKIj4

George Gray: Herrrre it comes! From the DarkShockBro Studios in Maryland! It's The Price is Right!

JayC, come on down!

123123123, come on down!

tpir04, come on down!

tpiradam, come on down!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYxy55L3TWA

And now, here's the star of The Price is Right... DarrrrrrkShockBro!

Yet again, I come out of the big doors, wearing a regular suit without a tie, albeit in a different color this time, and my normally wavy brown hair is very neatly combed. The audience roars with applause as I take it in before jogging up to Rachel Reynolds, pumping my fist, and then taking the 70s style microphone.

Here we go again, everyone! It's time for The Price is Right! Make sure to say hi to George Gray as well!

The audience applauds as George waves for the camera.

George: Another day, another episode! Great to see you all again! Hi, Momma May!

You didn't think we'd just do this once, didja? No; yet again, this episode is heavily inspired by an episode all the way back in 1972; the year this amazing show made it to the airwaves!

The audience, and Contestant's Row applauds with gusto!

That's right! And I can feel your excitement! Are you four ready for the first item up for bids? What am I saying, of course you are! George, tell them what it is!

George: We're gonna start with a practical grill!

Devin Goda pushes up the grill to the center of Contestant's Row, and starts to model it.

George: This TJK2 On-Cart Gas Grill from MHP comes with a high profile stainless steel lid, stabilizing solid aluminum end-caps, 433.5 square feet of grilling area, a 40,000 BTU stainless H-type dual burner, aluminum SearMagic cooking grids, two folding stainless side shelves, and electronic ignition!

Mmmm... I'm hungry. Can I eat some of the food on that grill?

I head to the edge of the stage.

What's that? ...It's plastic? Fantastic. Hey, don't blame me if the ratings go downhill! You didn't feed me.  :P

I clear my throat.

Anyway, that grill goes to the one of you food who bids closest to the actual retail price without going over!  :-)

tpiradam      tpir04      123123123      JayC
Stop the madness.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
$649!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: Shock's Half Hour Price is Right: Episode 2: IUFB1
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 10:39:57 PM »
Another 1972 show, huh?

Me: "Who would like to play Any Number?"

The obligatory grill. And summer's almost over. Niiiiiice.  :P

$810, please.

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 11:47:18 PM »
I'm gonna go with $539

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 11:23:26 AM »
I will say... $900.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 01:56:43 PM »
I really hate to do this, but college has begun for me, and I’ve been losing interest and time for this. As such, to make sure everyone gets their chance to host, I would like to request this thread locked for now, and I need to declare a hiatus for this show. I truly apologize, but I don’t want to be a roadblock for anyone else with more time and current motivation. I want to make sure this show is of high quality and not just a slog and mess. I will PM cu as well to make this official. Have a great day. :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 02:31:01 PM »
The day after Labor Day is always a disaster, if you know what I mean. I'll be right here in this blue spot when you return.