Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (THE END)  (Read 72139 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »
Also, just a heads-up to those playing the prediction game: I would never approve a script with a game ripped from BigJon's PC game. I'm a big fan of giving the proper people credit for their original games... and since most of those "original" games are ripped straight from other people without credit by BigJon himself, they can't be attributed to him. Plus a lot of the games just aren't that good...

I actually need to write a section in the rules regarding original games, thanks for reminding me. Carry on.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 05:39:13 PM »
In that case, I'd like to alter my picks, if that's alright.

Punch-a-Bunch
Most Expensive
Money Game
Joker
Bullseye '72
Bullseye '76
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 06:03:38 PM »
I’d love to play.  My picks:

-Any Number
-Balance Game '06
-Check Game
-Do the Math
-Freeze Frame
-Gridlock!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 06:06:43 PM »
Well, so much for BigJon...first, he gets a C&D letter from Fremantle, and now this:

Also, just a heads-up to those playing the prediction game: I would never approve a script with a game ripped from BigJon's PC game. I'm a big fan of giving the proper people credit for their original games... and since most of those "original" games are ripped straight from other people without credit by BigJon himself, they can't be attributed to him. Plus a lot of the games just aren't that good...

I actually need to write a section in the rules regarding original games, thanks for reminding me. Carry on.

I'd like to see the addition regarding original games; I've created a few games myself (as you saw in Episode 24), and I probably will make a few more in the future, but not before reading said guideline.

With that being said, signups are still open...

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 07:20:07 PM »
Games you make yourself are totally fine. Games someone else did are fine if you can provide credit to the original creator.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 08:05:45 PM »
I'll give it a try.

Credit Card
One Away
Super Saver
2 for the Price of 1
Pathfinder
Make Your Move

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2019, 08:10:55 AM »
Play Your Percentages was not created by BigJon himself. A fan gave him the idea on his forum about a year before the C&D and he liked it so much he included it in his next release. Unfortunately, it would be near impossible to track down the fan since the forum has been offline for years.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (IUFB1)
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2019, 05:00:51 PM »
Guess no one else is signing up, so let's get the show on the road!

(Walking 2007)

GEORGE GRAY: Here it comes! From the Famous Bob Barker Studio in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right!

Archviler, come on down!
wpghi5, come on down!
tpir04, come on down!
And 123123123, come on down!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

And now, here's your host, Teddy!

(enters through Door #2, takes microphone from Rachel)

We're back in action! It's Rachel Reynolds, everybody! Say hi to my good friend, George Gray!

GEORGE: Good morning, Teddy! Good to have you back. Hi, everybody tuning in. Hi, Mama May!

As you probably haven't known, Golden-Road.net has reactivated the Host Your Own section this summer, and this will be my first new show in almost four years. I'm ready to give away some great prizes, so let's get the show started with the first prize up for bids today!

GEORGE: Everybody look up as the first prize is coming on down, it's a new laptop! (rotating solver platter lowers from ceiling) (variant of 1972 opening cue) (applause) This Apple MacBook Air has a 13-inch monitor with a 1.6GHz Intel Core I5 processor and 8GB of RAM.

And back up it goes.

Of course, that will go the one of you four who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over.

BIDDING ORDER: Archviler, wpghi5, tpir04, 123123123

Archviler, you will bid first.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 05:03:44 PM by Teddy »

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »
Sorry about the delay, life's been crazy.

I'll bid 899.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2019, 08:34:04 PM »
$1000.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2019, 11:17:05 AM »
Sorry about the delay, life's been crazy.

You and me both, my friend.

Howzabout $685?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2019, 05:35:38 PM »
$1,100 please

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (PG1)
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2019, 08:44:08 PM »
We have $899 from Archviler...

DING!

...$1,000 from wpghi5...

DING!

$685 from tpir04...

DING!

...and $1,100 from 123123123.

DING!

And the actual retail price of that MacBook is: $1,099. wpghi5, you win!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Walking 2007)

(cheers and applause)

123123123 was over by just $1, so wpghi5, you are here on the Turntable, and we have a very special prize for you to win. George, what could it be?

GEORGE: How about an exciting vacation to Athens? (Manuela models it on plasma screen in back of audience) (1983 Trip/Vacation Cue 1) (applause) You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Athens, Greece, for a six-night stay at a penthouse suite of a luxury hotel that offers spectacular views of the city. Convenient to all the major shops and attractions, including the legendary Acropolis. Daily breakfast is included. It's a terrific prize worth $21,922!

Manuela Arbelaez, everybody! Take a bow. (she waves to audience, smiling) Now Manuela, if I remember correctly, you had your honeymoon there, right?

MANUELA: That's right. (cheers and applause) It is such a wonderful place that you have to go there.

wpghi5, I wish you could take Manuela's word for it, but I can't do that. First, you have to win the trip by playing a game called Vend-O-Price. There are three grocery products in the vending machine, and I can tell you that the marshmallows are the least expensive thing in there, and the crackers are the most expensive. George, tell us more about these products.

(Cue 14)

GEORGE: Will do. First, we have a 16-oz. bag of jet-puffed mini marshmallows, then we have a 5.9-oz. box of Jell-O chocolate pudding mix, and finally, a 13.7-oz. box of club crackers.

Now wpghi5, Golden-Road.net, CBS and I will take you out to lunch that we're paying for. Here's a coin; take that and drop it into that slot, and let's see what happens.

(coin clinks into vending machine, and slider whirs to right to reveal more items)

Look at that, we have even more items in the vending machine! As you can see, there are six bags of marshmallows...

DING!

...eight boxes of pudding mix...

DING!

...and five boxes of crackers.

DING!

And so, the question to you is, which one is the most expensive shelf? Just push the button for the shelf you think it is, and if you're right, you win the trip.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:46:13 PM by Teddy »

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2019, 10:14:29 PM »
*Peanut gallery*

I'm really confused at this setup, but I'm tempted to say pudding. Normally, had it just been the Jell-O packages and the crackers, I would have been tempted to say that the Jell-O packages are less than $1.50, while the crackers would be around $3. However, since apparently the marshmellows are the least expensive thing (with less items than the Jell-O making that instantly make the top row the wrong choice the way Teddy explained it), and I think they are around $2, I feel that the Jell-O is the way to go here.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2019, 10:22:04 PM »
Well, the marshmallows must be wrong, as they're cheaper than the pudding and there are fewer of them than there are puddings. I'm not sure what to tell you about the pudding or cracker choice, though.