Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/07/2007  (Read 12002 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/07/2007
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »

Production #3981K - Taped April 5, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Lauren Jones and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Stop Staring

1   Runco 26" LCD HDTV (LJ)

LISA 1000
RAMESH 705
DANA *1498
STACI 1001
($1595)

Dana from Pittsburgh, PA plays ONE WRONG PRICE

Murrey Toronto Biliard Table (G)PICK$2000$1300WIN!
Corscan Signet Cradle (LG)3375
Inspire M2 Home Gym (LJ)2199

2   Carson's Wine Server Cart (G)

+Lisa *750
+Ramesh 15
ANNA-MARIE 650
+Staci 920
($826)

Lisa from California plays GRAND GAME (Target: $6.00) for much moolah...

(5) Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (bag)$1.49$10
(1) Gold Bond Cream4.89100
(3) Oxi Celan Cleaner3.991000Goes on...
(6) Phillips Caplets (24)5.4910000WIN!

(2) Garlique Supplement (30)
(4) Energizer Hearing Aid Batteries (16 pk)

3   2 Robinson & Robinson Easytrend Recliners/Campbell's Cream of Mushroom (LC)

ALEJANDRO 1249
+Ramesh 800
Anna-Marie *1250
+Staci 801
($2200)

Anna-Marie plays COVER UP for a Ford Fusion S (Std., ALB, BlkHtr, Prot)(LJ)

Setup 41st Try[1][9] 6 [2] 7
2 62nd Try[1][9] 5 [2] 8   LOSS   ($19,324)
6 4 2
9 8 9 7
1 4 5 8 3
 3 0 3 6 8
$ 2 3 9 1 0

SHOWDOWN #1

$2,240Anna-Marie75 stay.75
8,469Dana60 + 20.80Through to Showcase Round
10,826Lisa40 + 30.70

4   2 Dahon Stowaway Folding Bikes (LJ)

Alejandro 1575
+Ramesh 1600
**600**
JHENNA 1300
+Staci 650
OVERBID
($0)

Ramesh from Wisconsin lays claim on the $500 wad and plays SWITCH? for two trips...

Boston (6n @ Colonnade)(G)$5543$5543
Bahamas (6n @ Paradise Island)(LC)$4508SWITCH!$4508LOSS

5   BBQs Galore Turbo Gas Grill/Sunsweet Ones (LC)

Alejandro 599
TAMMY 1499
Jhenna 1000
+Staci *1150
($1199)

Staci, the last of the "First Four", plays CLIFF HANGERS for an Arctic Cast Iron Fireplace (G) and a Beachcomber Hot Tub (LJ)($5094)

Spin Spa Shower Brush$23$158 to 8
One Touch Can Opener25187 to 15
(Back to Basics) Hot Drink Maker35383 to 18   WIN!

6    (Cobra) His/Hers Golf Equipment (G)

Alejandro *1125
Tammy 550
Jhenna 551
DEVIN 925
($2585)

Alexandro plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 1 6 4 5 9 3
Dodge Caravan SE (Fairly Loaded)(LC)$2 1,3 6 9WIN!
Rosenthal Crystal Candle Holders (LJ)$5 -- --($570)
That Damned Piggy Bank$--.4 --($8.42)

SHOWDOWN #2Bonus Spinoff
$1,100Ramesh10 + 45.55(Puny 1st Spin)
6,404Staci45 + 551.00*$1000*   .70Through to Showcase Round
23,954Alejandro10 + 901.00*$1000*   .60

SHOWCASE ROUND

Dana has the honor.

SC1-Staci

STUFF GOING ON AT THE CONCIERGE DESK
MCF Wallace Silverplate Tea Set
Yamaha Upright Piano
Catalina 250 Wing Keel Sailboat (G)
BID$24,523
PRICE41,590
DIFF- 17,067

SC2-Dana

Broyhill Living Room Group
Carpet One Carpeting
Howard Miller Reagan Floor Clock (G)
Chrysler PT Cruiser (Std., AC, ALB)(LJ)
BID$27,500
PRICE31,560
DIFF- 4,060
TOTAL$40,029

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6

Total Winnings: $71,068

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/07/07
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 03:10:29 PM »
What a pleasant surprise to see Dana win. I thought she blew it with that bid.

HOTTIES: #252, Dana; #253, Lisa :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Staci
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 04:12:32 PM »
Cliff Hangers was nice, but really, we had a pretty lousy lineup today.  No episode should have to be cursed with all six quick games.

How the heck was One Wrong Price won?!  Seriously, the cradle was screaming to be picked!  I mean, we may have known the cradle price was right, but for someone who doesn't memorize prices like we do... well, um, I have absolutely no clue how Dana actually won that!

Grand Game was really difficult, too.  Almost everything looked over $6.00, and heck, I'd have blown it picking the batteries over the Gold Bond.

You know, winning Any Number with one number lit in the 3-digit prize and one number lit in the piggybank is probably the least exciting way for it to be won.  Not good enough to have the coolness of doing really well going for it, and not bad enough to have any real suspense.  Ah well.  It was won.  Guess that's good, anyway.

heelsrule1988 wrote:  BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Staci

I'm shocked!  Thought for sure you'd pick Lisa, who gave that great reaction to winning Grand Game, over Staci who seemed more tame by comparison.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »
I knew that pool table would be wrong there.

It was quite funny when Lisa responded to Bob "Jelly Beans" after he told her where she was from. Of course she was just focusing on which products were less than $6.00. I would pick the batteries and lose it all. Good for Lisa to win $10,000.

The 3 was definitely my guess for the third number and right I was. Tough loss there for Anna-Marie.

I wanted Lisa to win the first showcase showdown.

Switch was my answer as well. Both me and Ramesh unfortunately loss.

I think Roger threw us a bit of a curve ball with that second SPs. Regardless great win for Staci.

I wanted Jhenna out of contestant's row.

Alejandro played exceptionally well to win the van on Any Number.

Either Alejandro or Ramesh were my picks to win the second showcase showdown. It almost happened but not quite.

I didn't really paid attention to the second prize during the first showcase. And I should've because I think that piano may have played a role in that ARP of that showcase. My Bid of $24,000 was a bit worse than what Staci got in her bid. That showcase was pretty e-v-i-l I tell ya. Great for Dana though to win that car on her showcase and as the big winner today.

My Bids: $24,000/17,590. $26,000/5,560.

Offline jaguarxjnj

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/07/2007
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »
I think Lisa looked kind of like the lovely Brandi. I enjoyed her reaction to the Grand Game victory.
Here It Comes!! Television's Most Exciting Hour of Fantastic Prizes!! The Fabulous Sixty Minute Price Is Right!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 04:29:05 PM »
PG #1:  All three of those prices looked wrong... but the pool table's given price did look more wrong than the others.  I'm shocked--shocked I tell ya!--that the actual price of the pool table was lower.

PG #2:  That was a fairly hard setup.  I never expected anything named "remedy" to be less than $6.00.  I thought the batteries were the right choice.  Nice Dobstopper by Lisa.

PG #3:  Roger must really love the price of $19,324 for Ford Fusions.  And I thought Roger stopped placing the correct last number at the very top of the last column so that short contestants wouldn't be at a disadvantage.

PG #4:  Dang, that was an expensive trip to Boston... and a cheap trip to the Bahamas.

PG #5:  Yay!  Cliff Hangers!  :-P  Evil Spin Spa alert!

PG #6:  Roger's loading up that Dodge Caravan again!  $21,369 was a fairly evil price, and I'm shocked that game was won as well.  Three evil Dob setups got busted today.

SCSD #2:  WOOT!  Double digging!

Showcase #1:  

Showcase #2:  "STAGE WILLY!"

My showcase bids:
Yacht--$40,604
Random room/car--$23,132

Result:  WHAT?!  $31,560?!  Did I miss something in that second showcase?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
Cliff Hangers was nice, but really, we had a pretty lousy lineup today.  No episode should have to be cursed with all six quick games.

I can only think of two things that might have happened to this show for all six games to be so quick.  And since I have no idea how Shell Game could possibly break down, that means Three Strikes was probably scheduled for today.  Of course, that still doesn't make much sense since that would make two Big Threes in a row, and even under the best of circumstances, I don't think Roger would pair Three Strikes with $73,000 worth of Showcase.

So, in short...something was up today.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Brandon Devers

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 04:55:27 PM »
Great Grand Game win, and Any Number was played well, too.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »
1 Wrong Price-I had a hunch the pool table would be the correct choice.

Grand Game-I was worried when she picked the remedy, but good thing it was less than $6.00.

Cover Up-I never understand why the audience gets so excited when they see a contestant get 3 or 4 numbers right on the 1st try.  I really wonder if they know that you get another chance if you have at least 1 digit correct.

Switch?-Tough.

Cliff Hangers-At first, I thought this was a new game, seeing 2 prizes.  A nice win.

Any Number-A nice win to end the day.

SCSD #2-Yay, 2 $1000 winners!

SC #1-That bid won't even cover the boat!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 05:58:29 PM »

PimpinJC wrote:
Cover Up-I never understand why the audience gets so excited when they see a contestant get 3 or 4 numbers right on the 1st try.  I really wonder if they know that you get another chance if you have at least 1 digit correct.

Yes, but they have no idea why that is better than having four right.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 06:04:31 PM »
One Wrong Price: EVIL!  But I had a feeling the pool table was wrong.

GG: Evil set-up.  I never thought the Phillips was under $6.

Switch: I would have left those prices alone.

Cliff Hangers: Great playing by Stacy.

Any Number: Evil Van price, but a nice DobStopping win.

SC1: $24K is way too low for the boat.

SC:2 $27K is too high for the car.....HOW THE?!  It's over $31K?!?!?!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 06:07:17 PM »
OWP: It was killer today, but the right choice was made and resulted well.

Grand: Lisa is HOT!!!!! :-D  :-D I'm glad she overcame in this one today and her reaction was awesome as well.

Cover: Too bad.  :cry:

Switch?: I would've left it alone and my thoughts were waylayed.

Cliff: The SP setup looked loudsy, but the results fared well.

Any #: Very nice.

Showcases: The ARP of the PT Cruiser/Living Room showcase threw me over, I actually thought it was DSW-quality. The bid on the Boat showcase was a Garf. Hands down.

A 3.50-star show to kick off the week.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 06:16:44 PM »
"Impostor Price": The way Bob said the basics in a way that Dana was a detective made me think of the title for today. At first I wanted to say the home gym, but that billiard table was another too-rounded price to be right. Sooo...

Grand Game: This one could be a little tricky. I was a little torn between the batteries and the Phillips. But since the Phillips is called a 'remedy', like a Mylanta or Tums or some other 'remedy' costing less than $6.00, I went with that instead.
Sometimes I think all you got to do is look at the lights around the game for the last product. If they start moving before you get to see the price of the last product, you should know that we have another winner.

Cover Up: ...Even Anna-Marie was a little scared and nervous of this game from the way she stood beside it and polled to the audience a little bit. Ugh.

Switch?: I guess some of the audience was right on this one, because I thought the prices should be switched as well. Plus, I thought a tropical trip like the Bahamas would be farther and more expensive than a trip within the 48 states. I guess I was wrong this time.

Cliff Hangers: For a moment there, I thought we may have only those TV gadgets because of the Spin Spa and the One Touch Can Opener, which I was a liitle away from during the game.

Any Number: I was a little against Alexandro's pick of 9 for the car, but totally agreed and picked on cue 3 for the win.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 06:50:36 PM »
I know I haven't rated or talked about the shows for weeks now, so I figured to get back into the swing of things.

This was a pretty enjoyable show. We had some good contestants and good wins as well. I knew that $2000 wasn't right for the pool table, but I have no clue how any regular player would have won that. Good for Dana! $3375 for the cradle was screaming "pick me!"

I really thought that was a tough Grand Game playing. I too would have picked the batteries over the Gold Bond cream and the Phillips caplets. Didn't the Jelly Bean bags used to be $2.99? Anyway, that was a sweet win.

Anna-Marie looked like a great contestant, but too bad she lost. Her two guesses for the car looked right, and my guess was $19,527. Maybe if she had went with the 4, she would have gotten another chance. Oh well.

There have been trips to the Bahamas worth over $5000, but I would have left them alone. $5543 on Boston looked right. But then when he switched them, I thought he may have made the right decision. Also, when Ramesh said "let's do that", after Bob said he could switch them, it looked like he wanted to do it just because they could do it; that's what I saw.

Staci was a great contestant, and did an alright job with Cliff Hangers. That's quite a jump in price; from $18 to $38. I knew she was off by 3 and claimed the win after bidding $35 on the drink maker.

Well, Any Number was won, not the exciting way it was won last time, and that van was loaded up! Part of the board was cut off after cutting back from the shot of the car, I saw the 8 in the piggy bank, and that's it.

Cool, two $1000 winners in the second showcase showdown. And what was Ramesh doing with his first spin? If he got it all the way around with 1 hand, then that would be a different story. I was happy Staci ended up winning in the end though. Too bad she totally low-balled her showcase though. Those Catalina's hurt a lot of people. Dana was a good contestant too, so I would be happy if either of them won.

Best Contestants- Dana and Staci

Showcase #1- $36,000
Difference- $5590

Showcase #2- $27,000
Difference- $4560

Also, I think the new model, Lauren is doing really well. I like her a lot. I hope she stays with the show. I'm worried about Lanisha though: she hardly was on at all this year, and she quit Deal or No Deal after the week's season opener. I hope she's not losing interest in acting/modeling; she's on of the few at the top of my list.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 08:08:16 PM »
Sally, once you've gotten around to watching this, do us a favor and share your thoughts on why the heck Roger would use a lineup that only times to 26.5 minutes.

1 Wrong Price was hard.  I had no idea what the answer was, although I'm pretty sure it was set up to be lost with a pick of the cradle.

On a side note, that was one cheap-ass pool table.

Grand Game wasn't all that easy, either.  The other "bad" product besides the Garlique looked to be a toss-up between the Gold Bond and the remedy, both of which turned out to be safe.

It was so good to see Cliff Hangers again.  Believe it or not, it hasn't been played since March 30!

Did anybody else think Alejandro looked kind of like Jay Thomas?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.