Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/11/2007  (Read 11248 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/11/2007
« on: May 11, 2007, 02:50:04 PM »

Production #3985K - Taped April 25, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Gabrielle

Models of the Day: Lauren Jones, Gwendolyn Osbourne and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Mon Cheri

1   Aqua Finn Tropica Sailboat (L)

ALVIN 2000
KAREN 2500
BRANDON *2800
KATHLEEN 1
($2899)

Brandon plays CLOCK GAME

Fitnexx X Series Training Bike (GT)($799)

1200 800 750 760 770 780 790 800 795 796-97-98-99   WIN   (:13 left)

Chromcraft Retro Dining Group (GO)($814)

800 900 850 849 840 830 820 810 811 812 813 814   WIN!   *$1000*   (:00.1 left)

... and Brandon still claims he's never seen this game. Right. At least he knew what he was doing.

2   (Frigidaire) Stacked Washer+Dryer/Oxi Clean Cleaner (GO)

+Alvin 1501
+Karen 900
KATHERINE (OS) *680
+Kathleen 1500
($899)

Katherine plays LET EM ROLL for a Ford Ranger XL (Std., Wheels)(L)($14,540)

Aspercreme Patch$8.95
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (bag)LOWER2.99*
Cinnergen SupplementHIGHER15.99*

THE ROLLS...
1.1 Car & $5500Banks 1
2.$3500BAILOUT

3   Morrow His+Hers Snowboard Equipment/Gold Bond Foot Cream (GT)

+Alvin 600
+Karen 852
LESLIE *699
+Kathleen 851
($765)

Leslie plays FREEZE FRAME for a Westley Allen Garden Queen Size Bed and a Loving Care Twilight Crossing Sleep Set (L)

19$3495
WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1

$4,300Leslie45 + 85OV
4,439Katherine  5 + 50.55
5,512Brandon80 stay.80Through to Showcase Round

4   KG Creations Gold/Moissanite Pendant (L-in the Row)

+Alvin 1549
+Karen *1550
ROGER 850
+Kathleen 1500
($1999)

Karen plays MAGIC #

Howard Miller Miala Floor Clock (GT)$1055
Karen's MAGIC #  1125WIN!
(LG) 42" Plasma EDTV (GO)$2098

5   Ricardo Del Mar 3 pc Luggage Set/Energizer Hearing Aid Batteries (GT&L)

+Alvin 950
JOHN 750
Roger **900**
+Kathleen 650
($900)

Roger from Rantoul, IL pockets the $500 wad and plays PATHFINDER for a Pontiac Vibe (Std., AT, Stereo, BlkHtr, Prot)(GO)

Setup1stStart on [1]$1 -- -- -- --
7 1 3 2 52ndRight to [7]NO
3 4 8 6 4(1) Auto Tool Kit   50/75   50   50   *
6 5[1]7 2Left to [5]NO
2 7 9 8 6(2) (Rival) Crock Pot   15/20   20   15
9 8 5 4 1(3) Personal Shredder   59/85   59   59   *
Frwd. to [9]*$1 9 -- -- --
3rdFrwd. to [5]NOLOSS   ($19,726)

Once again the laggards come in a pair - or, in this case, bookends. Alvin and Kathleen have one final chance to ascend to the occasion. Failure means they're permanently united in banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club...

6   highbrowfurniture.com Marshmallow Sofa/Campbell's Cream of Mushroom (GT)
+Alvin 1000
John 1
JENNIFER 1750
+Kathleen *2600
($2825)

Alvin heads off to the membership desk by himself while Kathleen plays MOST EXPENSIVE

New Orleans (NWA Vacations; 6n @ Loew's)(GT)$2959
Nashville (6n @ Sheraton)(GO)2424
New York City (6n)(L)PICK4795WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2

$1,549Roger20 + 50.70
5,152Karen10 +   5.15
13,043Kathleen35 + 60.95Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND

Kathleen has the honor.

SC1-Brandon

Dean Hardtail Electric Guitar
Sunlite 5 pc Drum Set
Baldwin Vertical Piano (G)
Hi Lo Towlite Telescoping Travel Trailer (L)
BID$22,000
PRICE28,269
DIFF- 6,269

SC2-Kathleen

CODES
Jovani Strapless Evening Gown (GO)
(Apple) Desktop Computer (L)
Chrysler PT Cruiser (Std., AC, BlkHtr)(GT)
BID$21,000
PRICE21,854
DIFF- 854
TOTAL$34,897

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6 (with 1 Bailout)

Total Winnings: $55,849

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/11/2007
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 03:01:59 PM »
That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Clock Game is one of the best games on the show. It deserved better in the pricing game tournament.

HOTTIES: #257, Leslie :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Brandon
SHOW GRADE: 3

EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier that I couldn't get that screencap of Clock Game... sorry tpirfan28. :-(

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »
HOTTIES: #257, Leslie

You know something Heels? I would set myself on fire on purpose. Leslie can debride me anytime.

This was a pretty good show.

But, I would have taken the 5500 on Let 'em Roll.

And Brandon, for a guy who has never seen Clock Game, well....Well, let's just say, I'm having some doubts about that statement.

:pint:

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 04:48:31 PM »
^ Best line of the day. :lol:

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 05:00:50 PM »
I only caught the last part of Freeze Frame. But I taped it. When I watched it when the first four were called I knew who was going to win the 1st IUFB.

For someone who claims to have not seen Clock Game he played pretty damn well.

When you don't have a single car in your second roll you're bound to take the money just as Katherine did.

Pretty good win there for Leslie. $3495 was right for the bed.

Karen squeezed out a win. Her magic number was just barely higher than the floor clock.

That playing of Pathfinder was just bad. I groaned when he guessed $20 on the slow cooker which was wrong.

I knew New York would be the most expensive.

What a great bid Kathleen made. Almost another double showcase winner in my eyes of course.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »
I was only able to catch 3 of the games today:

Freeze Frame: Pretty easy today: $3495 was the logical price.

Pathfinder: Um, stepping to the 5 was a definite no-no for the second number Roger.  The crock pot was the tricky SP today in my honest opinion--I also thought $20 too.  As for the car's price.....a bit difficult today.

IUFB 6: Oh no, not that highbrowfurniture.com Nelson Marshmallow Sofa again!  I really despise that butt-ugly "sofa!"  And yes people, the price went up from $2695 to $2825 now.

Most Expensive: Brought to you all by the letter "N"  New York was the most expensive trip...and Kathleen picked that for the win!

Showcases: Kathleen though Brandon went over....NOPE, Brandon GARFED.  Kathleeen bid very well on the PT Cruiser and won over $34,000 in prizes today.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
PG #1:  "BAD CUE CHOICE #59730456134S!"  For not knowing how to play Clock Game, Brandon played it fairly well.  And a nice last-tenth-of-a-second win, too!

One-Bid #2:  A rare time where the product plug is appropriately paired with its IUFB.  Much better than a kayak with a supply of cat litter.

PG #2:  Whoa--a $5,500 roll!  I don't recall anybody rolling that much before.  I would've said "DEAL!", but $3,500 is still a great consolation prize.

PG #3:  Easy win.

PG #4:  MAGIC NUMBER AGAIN?!  WTF, ROGER?!  

PG #5:  The audience was clearly shouting 9 for the second number, so I can't understand why Roger didn't step to the 9 until after all of his SPs were used.

One-Bid #6:  Ugly sofa alert!

PG #6:  Also an easy win.

Showcase #2:  Yay!  Showcase '83 cue!  :-P  "That's low?!  No, Kathleen, you're over."

My showcase bids:
FRTS--$27,777
Car--$18,377

Result:  WHAT?!  She won?!  That must've been the really expensive model of iMac.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 05:16:35 PM »
BRB, I'm thinking that the Apple Computer in the second showcase is the $3698 one.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 05:24:29 PM »
Dang good lineup today!  Felt like it should've been too long, though.  Clock Game, Let 'em Roll, Magic Number, and Pathfinder all squeezed into one show?  And even Most Expensive, while a quickie, was played for trips, so that was longer than usual, even!  Loved it!

On a related note, Scott or John or someone who might know, is Most Expensive for trips timed the same as regular Most Expensive?

Still speaking of Most Expensive, even though all three trips were brought to us today by the letter N, it's too bad they didn't make all three start with "New."  Trip to New Mexico, maybe?  Guess they wanted three city names.

Katherine was very enjoyable.  Hard to blame her too much for sneaking up on stage, just in case she couldn't get up later.  It's too bad she didn't have much luck with the dice... more too bad she didn't make the showcase.  Well, guess $3500 isn't too bad, right?

I'm surprised Contestant Roger didn't do better with Pathfinder.  The small prizes were tricky, but considering most people would've overpriced the Vibe in a lot of other games, I was surprised Contestant Roger tried the 7 for the second digit.  Even more surprised when he tried the 5.  Seems like 8 and 9 would've been most people's instincts.

Karen didn't really play Magic Number too well.  Good thing for her that Roger decided to make the game easy again.

Speaking of Magic Number, where the heck did that come from?!  Anyone in the Friday Prediction Game brave enough to choose it?

And speaking of Karen in Magic Number, I can't believe she gave a shout out during the game!  Or actually, I'm surprised it surprises me, since I still don't really get the psychology behind most contestants waiting for the showcase showdown to do that.

Even though Bob seemed to think Leslie was taking a long time with Freeze Frame, she didn't really have a choice:  the right price had left the frame right when she got to the arm.  Then again, she didn't seem to be paying any attention to the prices, really.

Speaking of Leslie, did anyone notice a few members in the audience booed her first spin?  Wonder why?  I mean, I may have been rooting for Katherine, but it still isn't really right.  I mean, except for contestants who fail to get the wheel all the way around, of course
I have no idea why Kathleen thought Brandon had overbid on his showcase.  Strange as that was, though, I'm even more confused how the heck she thought $21,000 was a conservative bid on her own showcase!  I mean, did she think the car alone was $25,000 or what?!  Really, after all that bizarre logic, I was hoping Brandon would wind up winning his showcase.  Ah well.

You know, the "supply of" item with today's fifth item up for bids has to be the most useless "supply of" item ever.  Seriously, what can someone possibly do with a supply of battery dispensers?!  What use could someone possibly have for using more than one?!

heelsrule1988 wrote:  HOTTIES: #257, Leslie

Yay, the heels I know and lo... disagree with is back!  I thought Jennifer was a cutie today

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 05:46:07 PM »
Brandon pulled a Barney today in Clock Game.  He got the dining group at the last possible moment.

Offline Brandon Devers

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 06:23:42 PM »
Clock Game doesn't get any closer than that. What a win!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 07:14:26 PM »
Brandon played Clock Game pretty well for never having seen it before.  He gave a suspenseful ending, too -- he won with literally no time left!

Has anyone ever had more than $5,500 in play in Let 'em Roll before?

I'm surprised Leslie had enough patience in Freeze Frame to let the right price come back around.

Holy...where the hell did Magic # come from?  It was just played last Thursday!

And speaking of Magic #, Roger must really have wanted it won -- almost any number between 1,000 and 2,000 would have worked.

Somehow, I just knew Pathfinder was going to show up today...and yet I took Plinko for the FPG.  Bah.

Yay!  3-trip Most Expensive!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 07:22:05 PM »
Hey, cool!  The local Champaign paper wrote up a little something on Roger (the contestant) today!

Check it out!
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 07:57:57 PM »
I don't know.  Maybe Brandon really never did see Clock Game before.  Whether he did or not, he certanily did play quite well.

Katherine bugged me.  I don't understand why she'd think Bob would tease her with an addition roll in Let 'Em Roll or whatever the heck it was she said.  It was certanily quite rude of her.

Freeze Frame looked like it had a blue light coming off it it today instead of its usual red light.  Is this the first time it's looked like that, or have I missed seeing that before?

Wow, Magic # again, I'm impressed!

Speaking of Magic #, I wasn't impressed with how Karen played it.  I wish Roger had made this playing as hard as the last one.

Always nice to see Most Expensive played for three trips.

That was certanily an intersting way for them to introduce the first Showcase.

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
Hey, cool!  The local Champaign paper wrote up a little something on Roger (the contestant) today!

Check it out!

And people say to me that older people only work as People Greeters at Wal-Mart.  Not Roger for sure!
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 10:44:32 PM »
Clock Game: At least Brandon admits he never saw the game. He played very well for a beginner. Oh, we have another win right at the very end. Kinda reminiscent of a certain contestant who did something like that...

Let 'em Roll: As soon as I saw that $5500, I immediately said that question frequently said on another show. After the second roll, I would've taken the money so fast....

Freeze Frame: 3495 was not a good price, it was the only price.

magic #: From a recent play, I thought the magic # has to be a little high. Not this time, I see. Yes, I thought Karen set it too low. But now, it kinda reminds me of how it used to be played a while back.

Pathfinder, the pricing game: I twisty trap, in my opinion. I would've tried 7 or 9 for the second number and tried 5 for the last number. I don't think I would have made it.

One Bid 6: Since Alvin did not make it on stage, some of the members of the house are going, "ALVIN!!"

Most Expensive: Well, for Rebecca's getaway, it was a tossup between Nueva Orleans o Nueva York. To me, it would be New Orleans because of recent stuff or New York just because. I went with New York.
You know, whenever Most Expensive or any other game that has a good shot of the audience, contestant, and Bob during play, it just makes me feel good.  :-)

Showcases: We've had a case of some good bids this week, including Kathleen's.

Congratulations to all those who are graduating this weekend (or in a few days)!   8-)
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.