Author Topic: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 2 - What Hasn't Happened?  (Read 24262 times)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
...I really got bored and decided to make another one of these, didn't I?  ;)

I will be using the same format as before, with four games, The Price Gift Exchange, and a selection of two TNPiR '94-style showcases. Here are the rules I mentioned last time, void where prohibited:

• I'll PM you when you get called on down, when you make it on stage, and if you make it to the Showcase.
  • Deadlines are 24 hours, but you don't officially get penalized until after I say so. So, if you miss a deadline but preform the action before I call you for it, you are fine.
  • Missing your chance on Contestants' Row will be an automatic pass on your first offense and an ejection on your second.
  • Missing your chance at the start of a pricing game will result in you being swapped with the next-closest player during that IUFB, and you will have to earn your way back onto the stage. Missing a deadline after you've given an action will result in an automatic loss.
  • If you forget to place a bid during the Gift Exchange, if it is your first warning, the prize will automatically be passed. If it is not your first warning OR if you cannot pass, you will be replaced with some stuck on Contestants' Row.
  • If you forget to bid on the Showcase, you will be replaced with the second place person from the Gift Exchange.
  • Audience, don't help during the IUFBs, but feel free to chime in anytime else!
  • Have fun, and feel free to ask any questions, before or during the game!
[/quote]

If you thought that quoted list was long, have a longer one for my creative prompt!

My lineup consists of two games in active rotation and two retired games. All four games have not been played since the reboot of the HYO section. I don't want you to guess lineup. Instead, for contestant priority, out of all the games listed below, which one do you NOT want to play and why?

Active Games:
Bonkers
Coming or Going
Dice Game
Do the Math
Double Cross
Five Price Tags
Freeze Frame
1/2 Off
Let 'em Roll
More or Less
Now... or Then
One Away
One Wrong Price
Pass the Buck
Pick-a-Number
Pick-a-Pair
Plinko
Push Over
Race Game
Secret "X"
Side by Side
Squeeze Play
Switch?
Switcheroo
Temptation
10 Chances
That's Too Much
Time Is Money

Retired Games:
Buy or Sell
Clearance Sale
Credit Card
Double Bullseye
Fortune Hunter
Give or Keep
Hit Me
Hurdles
Joker
On the Nose
On the Spot
Penny Ante
Professor Price
Shower Game
Split Decision
Step Up
Super Ball!!
Super Saver
Trader Bob
Walk of Fame

I'll start this show on Canada Day, July 1st at noon EST. Have fun submitting!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 2 - What Hasn't Happened?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 06:54:16 PM »
On the Nose.

It’s just not a good fit for HYO. I tried a practice run once, but it’s so easy to break your computer screen...
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 07:09:53 PM »
Time Is Money.

On TV it always seems messy and difficult to follow. While it may be a bit easier online, it's still a hot mess and is usually way to difficult.
1,719 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 07:17:42 PM »
I’d say Time is Money. It’s rather too frantic to get all of your items in  the correct spots for $20K. Plus it’s also not a good fit for HyO since you have to automatically count down the total value if you get it wrong on the first try.

Simply put, this game’s too stressful. End of story.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 07:32:00 PM »
I'm in! I'll take "On The Spot" for $200 please! Oh,  wrong prog-,  but anyway, I'll never get through (and win) this game 'cause it's PLAINLY CONFUSING! And everytime I'm confident about something's price, it seems that it would be a lot more cheaper or more expensive than I thought! That wouldn't help me a lot with this game.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 08:01:50 PM »
Sticking with my overrated game of Super Ball!! I had it on a HYO in the pre-script era and my opinions on it have changed after seeing gscentral gush about it. I like Skee Ball but I'd much rather play it at an arcade, not a game show.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 08:21:42 PM »
Race Game. tpiradam doesn't run.

Offline AvsFan

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 08:41:54 PM »
I wouldn't like to play Trader Bob. I love suspenseful reveals, so this isn't the game for me!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 09:32:14 PM »
I'm in! I'll choose 1/2 Off as my game I wouldn't want to play. If I get it down to two boxes, I'll be trying to get inside your head. Did you put the money in the box closer to me or closer to the model? The box closer to me would be too easy, so I can clearly not choose the box in front of me. But you would know that I'd try to get in your head, you would've counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the box in front of your model. Of course, 1/2 Off debuted while Roger Dobkowitz was producer, and with multiple uncommon letters late in the alphabet in his last name, I can clearly not choose the box in front of me. But then...well, I could go on. I'll go crazy if I have to play that game! :-P

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 10:56:46 PM »
I'm in!

Professor Price, not because I don't think I could answer the questions, but it was just a total mess of a pricing game.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 11:15:31 PM »
Double Bullseye. Price is about pricing, not two people going back and forth guessing random numbers for half of the game's duration.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 12:05:15 AM »
I'd love to join, but please, whatever you do, don't make me play Now or Then.

There are just so many reasons. First off, I don't want to be anywhere near that eyesore. You've updated the set? There are still problems

I want a bit of a challenge to show off of my pricing prowess, or eat some humble pie when I royally mess up. I don't want to play a game where I can basically guarantee a win using the proper strategy. Changing from the 4 now/2 then rule, you say? Still have some issues.

The game's a borefest compared to some of the superior GP games out there. I'm not gonna be picky on the real show, but you better bet your bottom dollar I'll be picky in this hypothetical. You wanna add fireworks after each correct pick for some pizzazz? Still not enough.

That's my one wish, 9821. Don't force Now or Then on me. That is all.

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 12:27:35 AM »
^ I also considered Now or Then but decided to go for Time is Money instead.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 06:10:32 AM »
Just a heads up: I'll probably bump up the end of signups and start the show later tonight. If there is anyone else who wants to play, there's still time to make my job of selecting contestants harder, since there have been nothing but good answers so far!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 11:47:14 AM »
Count me in.

Trader Bob because it is hard to understand.