Author Topic: "Auction-aire" - gamesurf's Cullen-style Price is Right  (Read 31450 times)

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
Re: "Auction-aire" - gamesurf's Cullen-style Price is Right
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2020, 03:54:53 PM »
Okay, freeze then.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2020, 11:58:51 PM »
$4,595

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2020, 08:43:38 AM »
$4620
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2020, 02:59:01 PM »
$2,228 and freeze!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2020, 03:27:04 PM »
$4,650

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2020, 05:38:55 PM »
Aaaaand TIME! Freeze the bids please!

$4,650

Sorry Adam, you’re about 27 minutes past the deadline. (LiteBulb88 snuck his bid in with 59 seconds to spare.)

I’m away from my computer right now, but I should be able to do the reveal in a few hours.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2020, 06:07:11 PM »
Yuck, that's unfortunate.

Now to hope I didn't overbid.

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2020, 11:43:49 PM »
[Apologies for the delay.]

Bids are in!

We have thirteen bidders with by far the widest range of bids so far!

And the actual retail price of that go-kart IS!

$1,329, and can you believe it, our winner is none other than the one who bid $1,130!

For the third time today, we're going to hear this phrase...

rockyboy34, COME ON DOWN! You are the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Rockyboy, fancy seeing you here again! There have literally been DOZENS of bids on every other IUFB, yet here we are again!

Now, I tried to offer you a whole doorful of prizes in Step Up, but to no success. Then I tried to offer you a trip to London, again to no success. But, rockyboy, by the number of times you've made it on down, clearly your destiny is to win SOMETHING big! And so, I am forced to conclude, that destiny wants you to win something that hasn't been offered yet today. And the only thing that we haven't yet tried to give away is THIS!

*the band begins to play the chorus to Radioactive*

IT'S A NEW SUV!!!

The 2020 Ford EcoSport S! Featuring standard equipment plus 4 wheel drive, 6 speed automatic transmission, 2.0 liter engine, and wheel-locking lug nuts. The Ford EcoSport S!

And rockyboy, that's not all! You also have a chance to win these four prizes as well!

*the band plays "Scatterbrain" by Jeff Beck*

This scream jar will allow you to let out your inner emotions in enclosed spaces, turning any yell into a quiet muffle. Perfect for bottling up your hate! You can also put flowers in it.

This 4K Blu-Ray collection contains three hilarious comedies starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

This tastefully designed wooden board game is a great way to introduce abstract strategy concepts to both adults and children.

And, this adjustable dumbbell can be set from 5.5 lbs to 27.5 lbs with just a push and a slide of a lever.

And rockyboy, you can win all five of those prizes playing Switcheroo!

We have the prices of all five of those prizes up here on the board! But, crucially, you will notice that each price is missing its tens digit. See those red blocks on the side? The ones that read 2, 3, 4, 6, 8? Those are the missing tens digits! Your job is to replace them in the spots they belong. Get a small prize right, and win that small prize. Get the car right, and win the car! It's quite as simple as that!
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2020, 01:18:02 PM »
8 for car
3 for the jar
2 for the board game
6 for the Dumbbell
4 for the blurays

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2020, 03:31:02 PM »

He says the car is $21,685; the scream jar is $30; the Blu-Rays are $46; the board game is $25; and the dumbbell is $65.

I hope you have all five right!

How many does he have right?

*BUZZ!*

Zero. Well, that's the bad news.

The good news is that you get a second chance! I'll let you perform a Switcheroo and move the blocks around one more time. And that zero means you've learned something! You know you need to move all five blocks in order to have a chance at winning every prize.

Best of luck--this is your final shot at winning!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2020, 04:11:23 PM »
Hm.

I'd say...
$21665
$40
$26
$35
$85

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2020, 05:12:23 PM »
6 for car
4 for jar
2 for blurays
3 for board game
8 for dumbbell

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2020, 01:34:03 PM »

Here we go, the moment of truth. A price of $21,665 for the car; $40 for the jar; $26 for the Blu-rays, $35 for the board game, and $85 for the dumbbell. How many of those does he have right?

*DING!*

Three right! That's good news! Wouldn't it be exciting if one of them was the car?

Now, I know this is a text-based game, but I just can't help draaaaaaaging out dramatic reveals. I could just ask to light all three of them up, but where's the fun in that?

Light up one of the prizes he has right!

*DING!*

The board game was $35, and you'll be enjoying that beautiful wooden board game and learning abstract strategy concepts in no time!

Light up another prize he's won!

*DING!*

You'll also be enjoying three hilarious comedies by Edgar Wright in glorious 4K!

Now, you have one more right. I sure hope it's the car. If it is, you'll be able to drive home in that beautiful automobile, we'll get a game won, and you'll be the top winner in our showcase!

Light...

up...

what...

he's...

won!

*DING!*

Aww. Couldn't give it to you. But it's a nice dumbbell, you can do what you wish with it.

I guess this must mean that you had the car and the scream jar switched...

...yep.

Sorry we couldn't give it to you, rockyboy, but we've not seen the last of you. You'll be appearing in our showcases with JhayPrice after this announcement!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »
Contestants not appearing on stage will receive...

A gift certificate from Godiva Chocolates! Dark chocolate fan or a natural born truffle lover? Why not try them all? Godiva; It's More Than Just Chocolate!

And now, here's gamesurf with our showcases!
[/i]

Thank you, AnnouncerTron!

Our top winner in our showcases today, having walked away with a cool $4,000 in It's In The Bag, is JhayPrice!

And our runner up is a man who needs no introduction, thirsting for redemption after having taken not one, not two, but three swings at the apple, is the indomitable... rockyboy34!

As I’m sure you both know, each of you will be presented with terrific showcase filled with thousands of dollars of wonderful prizes. The one of you who bids nearer to the actual retail price of your own showcase will win it. But if you are the winner, and you are $250 or less away from the retail price of your own showcase, you will win both showcases!

Pay close attention to this first showcase, because it could go to either one of you. Good luck!

This showcase follows Ray and the Raisin Factory! One fine day, Ray was invited to tour the strange new raisin factory that showed up in town. After signing a waiver warning them not to touch anything, Ray and his friends Johnny, Sally, and Billy began their tour through the strange raisin factory with curious dancing workers.

At one point, Johnny leaned over the railing to get a better view at a giant vat of sticky raisins. In his clumsiness, he fell off the ledge and into the vat! He struggled, but all the raisins stuck to him and began to weigh him down, and he slowly sank into the vat until his head was barely poking out. As Johnny struggled, the curious dancing workers began to surround the vat of raisins and sing…

Loomple, stoomple, bloompily, blar,
If you’re not careful, you’ll lean too far
Loomple, stoomple, bloompily, blat,
Looks like you’re stuck in that rasin vat

You love raisins too much, now you’re stuck
Being in that vat really must suck
So that you don’t fall to your doom
We’ll pull you out with this new vacuum!

This industrial vacuum cleaner has a 17 gallon tank, three independently controlled motors, a detachable barrel, and can be used in multiple factory applications! Clear sand, wood chips, concrete, and floors dry and wet with a breeze, plus the detachable hose and strong suction allows it to be a versatile factory tool!

Before Ray and the others could react, they were quickly rushed out of the room on to their next stop on the tour—a greenhouse with grapes growing on moving vines. The vines seemed to be moving, as if they were alive, and every few seconds they would occasionally reposition themselves slightly so each cluster of grapes got exactly as much sun as they needed.

“Incredible!” said Sally. “I must have one to take home!” She grabbed the nearest vine and began to uproot it.

Without a word, the vines grabbed hold of Sally’s arms and legs and held them tightly. Sally struggled, but the vines quickly constricted until Sally was immobile. Sally started gasping for air, and her face started turning purple.

Once again, the factory workers began to sing and dance:

Loomple, stoomple, bloompily, blines,
Never mess with the magical vines
Bloomple, stoomple, bloomply, doo
Or else you’ll get what’s coming to you!

Entitlement can be one heck of a drug
But our plants know how to restrain a thug
You tried to steal them, they think you’re a louse
So now you’ll have to live in this… greenhouse!

Kick your gardening into higher gear with this 8' x 12' Snap and Grow professional greenhouse from Palram! Transparent polycarbonate siding panels keep the weather and the insects out while allowing in an optimal amount of light to keep your plants healthy and strong. Constructed with a rust-resistant frame and built-in top vents, this free-standing greenhouse will provide an ideal environment for your plants right in your backyard!

Ray and Billy quickly fled into the next room, which appeared to be a small cafeteria. which contained several trays of raisin samples in small plastic cups. Most seemed to be ordinary raisins, but one tray had a cup of raisins labeled, “EXPERIMENTAL. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SIDE EFFECTS.” Ray decided not to sample any, but Billy popped an experimental raisin in his mouth.

Without warning, Billy’s skin began to wrinkle, and his body began to shrivel up like a raisin. Before long, it was clear that all of the water had disappeared from Billy’s body.

Miraculously, he still seemed to be alive, although about half his normal size and barely resembling a human being. The factory workers picked up Billy and began singing,

Loomple, stoomple, bloompily, blated,
Poor little Billy has been dehydrated
Loomple, stoomple, bloompily, blide,
He’s the first human to be sun-dried

You chose to eat the magical raisins
What in the would could have made you so brazen?
You need hydration, so now you’re gonna
Soak for a few weeks in this… sauna!

From Sunray, this 4-person traditional Steam Sauna contains ergonomic seating and plenty of leg room for relaxing! Made of Canadian Hemlock wood and includes a stone heater to provide continuous dry heat while you add water to create steam to reach your desired humidity and temperature level, up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit!

And, with that disaster, the Ray was the only guest remaining in the raisin factory. He had passed the workers’ secret test of character! The workers began to joyfully dance around Ray, singing:

Loomple, stoomple, bloompily, blise,
You’re the last guest, and you’ve won a prize
Loomple, stoomple, bloompily, blue
We’ve got a supply of raisins for you

You learned not to touch the forbidden fruit
So we’ll reward you with tons of great loot
Ten million raisins, and also the luck
To haul them out in the bed of your… truck!

Haul raisins in style with the Dodge Ram 2500 Tradesman! This driving machine features a 6.4L, heavy duty V8 HEMI engine plus 8 speed automatic transmission, plus bed utility group, cloth seats, 1 year of Sirius XM, power-heated mirrors, remote keyless entry, and chrome interior door handles. The Dodge 2500 Tradesman!

Driving out of the factory scarred for life, Ray vowed he would never eat another raisin again.

That was likely the most horrifying showcase I've ever seen! I will never see raisins the same way!

JhayPrice, you're the top winner, so you have the option. Do you want to bid on it, or pass?

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2020, 08:56:08 PM »
I'll pass.