Author Topic: rockyboy's Price Is Right Episode 1: Just Getting Started  (Read 27626 times)

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
rockyboy's Price Is Right Episode 1: Just Getting Started
« on: August 04, 2020, 07:50:59 PM »
(This was supposed to be posted Sunday, but I was WAY too busy w/ other stuff.)

Hello, everyone! I am stoked to host my first-ever episode of The Price is Right! This is based off the current 1-hour version, so I don't really need to explain any further. Anyway, if you want a spot on this show, answer this question:

The powers that be have decided to resume production for The Price is Right today! What should the show do to make sure they adhere to the California guidlines amid this pandemic?

(The funnier the response is, the better chance you have getting called earlier! Signups close Monday at 12 AM.)

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: rockyboy's Price Is Right Episode 1: Just Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »
Everyone must be in a costume similar to the Bubble Boy from Seinfeld! (Shirts with "Moops" on them is optional.)
1,719 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »
Only allow nine audience members into the studio and have them sit at all the corners of the audience with one in the middle. Whoever gets called down plays from the turntable and the three doors left to right. The host is always situated stage center with the prizes, pricing games and showcases played on the plasma screens. For the Showcase Showdown, players shout "Stop the wheel!"

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 08:12:57 PM »
Steal the monitor from 1 vs 100 and play via webcam. They've already done it for LMAD minisodes, and although it would suck, it'd be better than a lawsuit.

Actually, screw that, how about you turn into a reality TV show and don't even have the studio. Save money by just filming Clock Game with random strangers on the street, and not worry about all the hastle of getting 300 people infected
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 08:32:00 PM »
Everyone is required to wear an inflatable dinosaur costume, that way they're distancing and its like wearing a big hazmat suit.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 09:01:09 PM »
I'm in! I'd give out cheap Mexican food for free while people are waiting to get in to the studio, but then shut down all the toilets. Once people are in the studio, they'll be voluntarily staying as far away from each other as possible!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 09:17:51 PM »
300 people in the audience, but tape the show in the 20,000 seat Staples Center.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 09:34:17 PM »
I'm in!

Bring in nine local contestants to play, take a cue from MLB and fill the rest of the audience with cardboard cutouts.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 09:41:23 PM »
Bring out the G-T * separators, have the contestants wear their masks where their names will be put, and all contestants will wear a giant Plinko chip costume (as what Rachel did) and for their come on down, they must drop or roll down the stage up to the Bidders' Row. ;)

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 02:50:01 AM »
Definitely in on this one! Instead of price tags supply them with face masks with their name on them!  :-D

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 03:09:57 AM »
Um...wow. Didn’t expect to see 9 signups in less than 24 hours I started this.

So here’s the thing: I’ll keep signups open, but I’ll close ‘em 3 days earlier - Friday at 12AM.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 07:54:45 AM »
Half the audience wears 12-foot stilts. Instant physical distancing!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »
Make sure they are 6 feet apart. I can't think of anything else.

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 03:43:19 PM »
Less than 12 hours for signups!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 07:48:23 PM »
I'd love to join.

I think the most surefire way to get people to follow the rules is to use some good old fashioned positive reinforcement. Promise anyone who doesn't break the guidelines during the show $500 and watch everyone scatter from each other.

Anyone who says money doesn't get results obviously hasn't worked with a game show budget  :-)