Author Topic: rockyboy's Price Is Right Episode 1: Just Getting Started  (Read 27650 times)

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
Re: rockyboy's Price Is Right Episode 1: Just Getting Started
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2020, 09:18:26 PM »
^ Speaking about that last one...

*ding*

Actual retail price...$1,640! Plinkoman, play your pricing game! *dingdingdingding*

*2007 Come on Down Theme*

So, this is our last pricing game, and I think we have pretty good prize waiting for him. George?

George: It's an Entertainment Package! (Sarah models the entire thing.)

This package starts with a Townser 4-piece Entertainment Center with a Furniture Protection Plan included. Then it's an LG 55" OLED GX Smart 4K UHD TV with HDR. 5 Ultra-HD cables from Rocketfish, an LG 7.1.2 channel 710W Soundbar System with Wireless Subwoofer and Dolby Amose with Google Assistant, a 4-month Apple music subscription, and a Geek Squad protection plan ar included. We're also offering 1-year subscriptions to DirectTV with over 330 channels, Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+!

Well, that was quite a description. You'll be playing Range Game. Since I don't know how to make the electronic thing work, I'll give you two arrows. Place them around the price you think the Entertainment package is. Also, they must be $150 apart. No more, no less.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2020, 10:29:54 PM »
$8,675 - $8,825
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2020, 03:15:18 AM »

If the price is between those numbers, you win. One, two, three!

*buzzer* *losing horns*

OUCH. That's all I have to say. *2007 Main Theme*

You still have the sofa and you could possibly redeem yourself big time at the Wheel, and we'll get to that after a couple messages.

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »

Welcome back. We're doing the second showcase showdown of this episode. Same rules apply here. JayC, you're up first!

Spinning Order:
  • JayC
  • Plinkoman
  • LiteBulb88

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2020, 08:13:40 PM »
My numbers are 33 and 58. I'll spin again if and only if one of the following three conditions is true:

1. I'm behind the leader(s) after my first spin.
2. After my first spin, I tied exactly one person and the score we tied at is 50 cents or less.
3. After my first spin, I tied exactly two people and the score we tied at is 65 cents or less.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2020, 08:29:52 PM »
My numbers are 12 and 11. I will stop 65 or higher.

I'm still trying to recover from that painful loss, btw!
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2020, 10:48:07 PM »
9 and 27, stop on 65 cents or above.

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2020, 01:05:28 AM »
*JayC Spins*

Gonna go past the dollar...

-->40

Since that ain't enough for you personally, you're spinning again. *JayC takes another spin*

-->50

50 for a total of 90! *ding* JayC, stand aside. *I reset wheel. Plinkoman, who's trying to recover the pain from being a dollar away from the package, is going next. *Plinkoman Spins*

Ooh, dollar maybe?

-->15

Oh so close! Spin it again for me. *Plinkoman Spins Again*

This looks pretty bleak...

-->95

*buzzer* Well thanks for being here today. Hope you had a good time! *I reset wheel*

Finally, we have LiteBulb88 who won the only pricing game on this half. Spin it! *LiteBulb88 Spins*

-->50

50. Spin it again! *LiteBulb88 Spins Again*

-->35

Close, but no cigar. *2007 Dig We Must Cue* JayC, you're facing 9821 in the showcases next! Stay Tuned!

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2020, 03:26:56 PM »
*2007 Main Theme* (Fade in)

JayC and 9821 made it to the showcases. 9821 has the honors since he somehow won $26,000 on the wheel. It's funny how this game can be. Pay attention to the first showcase, because it can go to either one of you. George?

George: Is COVID keeping you down? Is it letting you be discouraged from having an active lifestyle? Don't worry, since this showcase is all about being active. To start, we'll give you this Rowing Machine! (Faith's on it.)

The Hydrow Rowing Machine is nothing like an average rowing machine. It comes standard with patented technology, making each stroke feel like you're out on the water for a fully realistic experience.

But let's be honest, you're not that satisfied when exercising in virtual reality. What you need is to breathe some fresh air and feel the wind coming against you skin. I'm sure you and a friend could do that with these pair of electric bikes! (Sarah models them.)

These City Commuter Mid Drive Bikes from Pedego come with a 48V 15 Ah Battery and 28" classic wheels.

And finally, maybe you and a friend want to go out more and discover biking trails that are more exhilarating, but farther away. Maybe you could pack these bikes in your brand new car! (Suwemi Models it.)

The 2020 Honda Civic LX. Comes with standard equipment, 1.5 L engine, continuously variable transmission, front wheel drive, and seatback protectors.

So, it's a rowing machine, a pair of electric bikes, and a brand new car. You'll definitely be more active with this showcase if The Price is Right!

9821, you can either bid on that or pass it to JayC.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 03:31:03 PM by rockyboy34 »

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2020, 05:23:40 PM »
I'll bid. The Honda Civic should be $21.5ish, I'm feeling like $3k each on the bikes, and the rower should be the same or less than a bike?

I'll go the bid that burned me once before: $29,420.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2020, 05:57:08 PM »
(I look at George)

Um, it’s a Honda Fit, NOT a Honda Civic! Read the script carefully!

George: Sorry Rockyboy.

So actually, it’s a rowing machine, a pair of electric bikes, and a Honda Fit. NOT a Honda Civic like George said. Do you wanna change your bid?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2020, 10:34:57 PM »
I'll knock it down three pegs to $26,666 then.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2020, 12:04:50 PM »
*ding*

I swear, losing the showcase due to a wrong item would've been disastrous. JayC, this showcase is for you! George?

George: Sometimes, life simply says to Just Relax, and you could do that on your new bed! (Faith's on the bed)

The Sleep Number 360pSE Smart Queen Bed is the bed of the future with temperature balancing benefits combined with pressure-relieving support made just for you and a special someone.

Let's say you want a bigger level of relaxation. Well, here's a Jet Spa! (Suwemi's on the tub in her bathing suit.)

The Coronado DLX Spa. Comes with 65 jets, maximum energe efficiency and long-term heat retention, open seating for seven, and an ozone water care system for clear water and reduced chlorine.

But wait, you want relaxation on the go! So here's a new Travel Trailer! (Sarah models it.)

The 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 183RBW. This trailer in 21 feet long, has a dry weight of 3,250 pounds, sleeps 3, and has a slide out.

So, it's a new bed, a jet spa, and a new travel trailer. You'll feel totally relaxed with this showcase if The Price is Right!

JayC, what's your bid on this showcase?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2020, 11:02:26 PM »
I will bid $28,500.

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2020, 06:31:50 PM »
*ding*

We'll find out who the winner is...in a few hours. Don't go away!