Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post

(1/103) > >>

bigblue999:
Ken Jennings will be the first guest host.

https://www.facebook.com/Jeopardy/photos/a.187939387923652/3804736226243932/?type=3

8/15/21 Mod Edit: I’ve updated the thread title from “Jeopardy To Resume Taping On 11/30 With Interim Guest Hosts” to “Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post,” as this thread remains active nearly a year later with 11/30 coming back around in a few months. Just wanting to get ahead of any possible confusion. - Mr. Weatherman

therealcu2010:
Also of note is that Alex's final episodes have been delayed two weeks, to account for likely preemptions on Christmas Day. They will now air two weeks of "best of" episodes during the holidays instead.

Spmahn:

--- Quote from: therealcu2010 on November 23, 2020, 05:31:42 PM ---Also of note is that Alex's final episodes have been delayed two weeks, to account for likely preemptions on Christmas Day. They will now air two weeks of "best of" episodes during the holidays instead.

--- End quote ---

Which is probably for the best since Jeopardy airs on ABC affiliates in something like 65% of the country, which means it would be pre-empted for NBA on Christmas which would have been the last show

gamesurf:
I like Ken Jennings as a player, as a Clue Crew replacement, and as a Jeopardy! brand ambassador, and it was smart to bring him on as a production assistant

I'm very uneasy with Ken as a potential host--he's going to be very polarizing

Alex is going to be near-impossible to replace, and I hope that this is a way to ease into the host search by starting with a familiar face that most people closely associate with Alex, but I'd be much more comfortable with a Mina Kimes or Pat Kiernan-ish character

thepriceis_J:
I mean, if Ken is already reading clues, it makes logical sense to expand that from 5 clues in a show to 61. The hiring at the beginning of the season smacked of contingency and here it is. Something that folks might not know is that Ken is involved with quiz bowl and has read games at some previous national finals. I trust his abilities here and hope his demeanor comes across well on camera.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jimmy get a shot at having his hosting televised. He traditionally hosts the rehearsal games.

Given Mike's aspirations and experience, I also wouldn't be surprised to see him take a turn behind the lectern.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version