6 (2.7%)
Levar Burton
12 (5.3%)
David Faber
26 (11.5%)
Joe Buck
8 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post  (Read 104229 times)

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Jeopardy To Resume Taping On 11/30 With Interim Guest Hosts
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2021, 03:44:41 PM »
So one surprise is that the season will be extending into mid-August. George Stephanopoulos is no surprise since he's been speculated as a possibility for a while, Robin Roberts is a nice surprise addition. I'm pretty surprised honestly they did actually add LeVar in.

Perhaps that has to do with what they did (or didn't) do - normally the only "repeats" are of the tournaments (excluding, of course, last year).  So, this way they only have around 4 weeks to fill from the last listed shows 8/13 to the new season starting in September?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2021, 05:42:10 PM »
Actually, it's because there were two weeks of repeats during the weeks of Christmas and New Years before they aired Alex's final week. It's still the usual amount of episodes for a season. I do wonder what they'll do with the repeats after the season ends until the next season begins, since there will only be one tournament to rerun.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2021, 06:45:03 PM »
We could still have a Teen or College Tournament in June/July even, given that the 2019 Teen Tournament was held in late June, and there was no Teen Tourney in Season 36 (although there were two in Season 35). This would provide the other two weeks of reruns. Speaking of which, this would be a good opportunity to use a younger guest host for that gig.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2021, 12:22:58 PM »
Actually, it's because there were two weeks of repeats during the weeks of Christmas and New Years before they aired Alex's final week. It's still the usual amount of episodes for a season. I do wonder what they'll do with the repeats after the season ends until the next season begins, since there will only be one tournament to rerun.

Is it? I feel like there's even more episodes than that this year, sort of to make up for what they didn't do last cause of COVID, but that could be wrong.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2021, 03:55:32 PM »
^They started the season on the normal week and the extra two weeks in August this year are making up for the two weeks of reruns before Alex's final week. It just feels like more because it's going longer into the summer than usual.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2021, 04:40:35 PM »
^They started the season on the normal week and the extra two weeks in August this year are making up for the two weeks of reruns before Alex's final week. It just feels like more because it's going longer into the summer than usual.

Has Jeopardy typically ended seasons the last week in July (Pre-Season 36)? I thought it was the next to last. But that could be my own memory.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2021, 08:11:00 PM »
It doesn't help that we haven't had any tournaments to break up the momentum of the normal everyday games... plus the lack of any real superchamps causes everything to just... mesh together.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2021, 10:48:13 PM »
Has Jeopardy typically ended seasons the last week in July (Pre-Season 36)? I thought it was the next to last. But that could be my own memory.
The season's ended in the last week of July for as long as I can remember.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2021, 12:33:48 AM »
It doesn't help that we haven't had any tournaments to break up the momentum of the normal everyday games... plus the lack of any real superchamps causes everything to just... mesh together.

Well at least we know we are getting one soon, so there's that. I wonder if they fill any reruns after August with Alex's final episodes or some variation similar, I would not be surprised if they did so as one final tribute to him before the official changing of the guard as it were in the fall.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2021, 02:33:55 PM »
Well at least we know we are getting one soon, so there's that. I wonder if they fill any reruns after August with Alex's final episodes or some variation similar, I would not be surprised if they did so as one final tribute to him before the official changing of the guard as it were in the fall.

Or even some variation of what they did last year with "best of" type episodes?

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2021, 05:31:42 PM »
Or even some variation of what they did last year with "best of" type episodes?

Thought of that too, but could see some wanting to see the final ones again too, or for first time if they missed them.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:40:06 PM by pricefan18 »

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2021, 04:56:51 PM »
To avoid discussing what happened on the show in the past few days, that may veer towards off topic discussion. There have been reports on the sports sites this afternoon that Aaron Rodgers is disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers. With also reportedly telling some that he does not want to return and has some speculating that he could be in line for the hosting position.

As for on topic related discussions, LeVar Burton is taping his shows this week from this photo taken by his daughter.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 05:01:50 PM by jude_este »

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2021, 05:15:19 PM »
I think the odds of Rodgers being the host are nil. Even if he’s somehow using this as part of a negotiation to get a trade or a boatload of cash, clickbait nonsense on social media is taking two plus two and coming up with France as the answer.

If I’m off base, great. I’ll proverbially eat my hat. But I don’t believe Sony doesn’t have a host signed, or at least in serious negotiation, under confidentiality terms. With three or so months before the new season tapes, to actually be flailing around without a plan in place is absurd. Like, dereliction of duty absurd.

I know plans can change, but to believe Sony would turn a highly valuable franchise over to someone with no full time media experience for this particular role seems absurd. I could actually see them taking a carefully calculated risk on Wheel given the format. But Jeopardy has a different skill set needed. Aaron could well get there. He showed great promise. He has some experience, which was evident. But that’s a far cry from ready for the big leagues quite yet.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2021, 05:56:03 PM »
Yeah I agree.  As mentioned elsewhere, whether Aaron actually gets the job or not, I think they should wait until after everyone goes, since someone can totally outperform Aaron.  Of course, from the remaining people guest hosting, some of them have no shot.  Outside of Jennings, I don't think they're going with someone before everyone else has auditioned.

Aaron was pretty good, and it was refreshing & exciting having him on.  He is a current big name and I don't think it'll be an awful call, but not a top notch since he doesn't have the skills right now.

For what it's worth, a lot of the praise is coming from the sports media as well as the NFL media.  While some are familiar with the gameshow world, most aren't.  From the ones that are, they aren't as knowledgeable (and probably would come up with opinions that aren't the best opinions).  Rodgers was okay but so were a lot of other people, including Richards
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2021, 07:52:59 PM »
The thing is, I don't see nearly any-IF any--of these as auditions. This concept has taken on a life of its own, but realistically many of these people have gigs and aren't available.