Author Topic: Jeopardy To Resume Taping On 11/30 With Interim Guest Hosts  (Read 28498 times)

Offline JarodJGames

• In the Audience
Re: Jeopardy To Resume Taping On 11/30 With Interim Guest Hosts
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2021, 07:42:54 PM »
Kinda liked on today's Episode Buzzy paid a small tribute to Brayden Smith
When the budget gets tight on the show, Evelyn is really evil and protective about the budget.

Offline danderson400

• In the Audience
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2021, 07:59:51 PM »
I'd like to see whoever the host is approaches the show like Tom Kennedy did when he took over Password Plus after Allen Ludden took ill and eventually passed away. On PP's finale, Tom said he wasn't replacing Allen because he couldn't be replaced; he was merely filling in while Allen was taking care of other business.

Audiences can speak volumes: in 1969 when Bob Clayton took over Concentration (selected by original host Hugh Downs), the show didn't miss a beat because Clayton was well liked. In March, NBC decided to replace Clayton with Ed McMahon, and ratings tumbled. In September, NBC realized they goofed and brought Clayton back to the host position.

Yeah, NBC goofed by replacing Clayton with Ed McMahon. Ed was great as Johnny's sidekick, but Concentration was beneath him.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2021, 06:48:12 PM »
Any thoughts here on Mayim Bialik’s run and performance as guest host? In short, I like her. I think she’s doing a great job. She’s really enjoying her turn, shows humor at times, and interacts with the contestants well I’d say. As far as becoming the permanent host, she does have much past TV experience, she’s a woman (frankly I think that helps her case), she’s quite intelligent and holds a Ph.D, and she’s of an age where she could possibly host for a long time.

I would not be surprised at all if she’s selected, and if I were making the decision, she’d be right up there with Ken Jennings and Aaron Rodgers, so far. :-)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2021, 10:43:29 PM »
I think Mayim has done well overall, she started out being very robotic in her presentation but less so as her stint has gone on. She certainly has a chance I would say.

Online jude_este

• In Contestant's Row
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2021, 01:41:42 PM »
Despite some noticeable flaws, I think Mayim did a great job as the guest host these past two weeks.

And as for Savannah Gutherie, she has revealed in an interview with People Magazine’s Naledi Ushe that she is not interested in permanently hosting the show joining Katie Couric and Bill Whittaker as guest hosts not interested in becoming the permanent host.

Online jude_este

• In Contestant's Row
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »
I hate to self reply on an inactive thread, but today's Good Morning America did a segment on George Stephanopoulos’ hosting stint for the week. Nothing worthy to note, just some shots from behind the scenes and staging. Along with him studying the big sheet of clues with contestants saying how great he was as host.