6 (2.7%)
Levar Burton
12 (5.3%)
David Faber
26 (11.5%)
Joe Buck
8 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post  (Read 104991 times)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post
« Reply #435 on: September 13, 2021, 03:17:01 PM »
The studio at Sony where Jeopardy records has officially been renamed the Alex Trebek Stage.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #436 on: September 13, 2021, 09:20:26 PM »
The studio at Sony where Jeopardy records has officially been renamed the Alex Trebek Stage.
"From the Alex Trebek Stage at Sony Pictures Studios..."
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2021, 12:48:15 AM »
Just curious, do any other programs tape on the Jeopardy! or Wheel of Fortune stages, or are they exclusively home to those two programs?
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2021, 02:42:45 AM »
I believe that stage, formerly studio 10, is exclusively Jeopardy's. Sony's website states that studios 7, 10 and 11 are "occupied by long-term clients and are unavailable for the foreseeable future."

"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #439 on: September 15, 2021, 08:18:48 AM »
I'd wager the whole thing that 11 will become the Pat Sajak Stage as well, just like how 33 at TVC is for Bob Barker. Still, J! is very fortunate that it has Matt Amodio still around, since during these superchamps, the focus turns away from the host and more towards the players, and after all, its the contestants who are the stars.

The set also got a freshening, along with the theme. The category during Final Jeopardy! now also appears above the clue during the 30 seconds. But I'm definitely content with more guest hosts or even an acting host for now.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #440 on: September 16, 2021, 12:38:28 PM »
Ken and Mayim it will be for the time being.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #441 on: September 16, 2021, 12:59:09 PM »
Here's the link, courtesy of TMZ

As mentioned elsewhere, just name Trebek's successor on a permanent basis already!

That aside, I like this move.  They originally announced Mayim with Mike earlier, and they can't go back on that.  Ken was always going to be the definitive choice.  Maybe not a favorite to several, but I think of Ken before anyone else as it relates to Jeopardy (save for Alex of course, even Johnny).

Still, great decision.  I don't need to see another year of guest hosts
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #442 on: September 16, 2021, 02:55:03 PM »
Using just Mayim and Ken for the rest of the year is a very good move. Perhaps later in the year one of their schedules will clear up more so one could host on a permanent basis. My gut feeling is Ken becomes the permanent daily syndicated show host with Mayim continuing to do the primetime specials/spinoffs unless Mayim's show on FOX gets cancelled which would allow her to become the full permanent host.

As mentioned elsewhere, just name Trebek's successor on a permanent basis already!
Mayim would be the permanent host if her schedule allowed it, or Ken if his was clearer.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #443 on: September 16, 2021, 11:18:04 PM »
Just curious, do any other programs tape on the Jeopardy! or Wheel of Fortune stages, or are they exclusively home to those two programs?

They are exclusive to those shows. In addition to practical considerations, keeping those sets up full-time means there's always at least one recognizable set for the Sony tour guides to show.

Offline EaglesWings4500

• In the Audience
« Reply #444 on: September 17, 2021, 08:42:44 AM »

Mayim would be the permanent host if her schedule allowed it, or Ken if his was clearer.

I just hope when Ken does guest host later on he will be allowed to say "Thank You Alex" at the end of FJ..   

I also like this move.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #445 on: September 17, 2021, 09:37:18 AM »
In an interview on last night's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, LeVar Burton has revealed that he does not want the hosting job at all. And I loved the analogy Trevor gave that "the shipwreck that leads you to the magical island."

As for Ken and Mayim sharing duties as guest hosts for the rest of the year, I think it's a great idea they are doing. And for now, avoids the cavalcade of the (insert name here) should be a guest host on Jeopardy!.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 09:43:29 AM by jude_este »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #446 on: September 17, 2021, 12:50:58 PM »
To be fair, the guest host thing was a pretty good idea.  While not all the hosts were fantastic, it was a unique experience.  It was diverse (while risky).  Doing it for another year would not have been ideal.  Would've become stale.  If you have 16 hosts, you don't have one.  Or two.

I don't see Mayim quitting her acting career if her FOX show bombs.  She's been rather successful, and she isn't old.  If it doesn't work out, she'll move onto what's next.

If anything, I can see Ken hosting both versions, but in time, if it's Ken for SYN & Mayim for the specials, that would be great.  Plus, Ken could host a primetime special which would be a one-time thing
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline EaglesWings4500

• In the Audience
« Reply #447 on: September 17, 2021, 08:37:21 PM »
I noticed on todays J they did not listed Ken's name during the closing credits..  Unless I over looked it

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #448 on: September 18, 2021, 06:55:36 PM »
I feel like they are using Ken to guest host when Mayim schedule is busy and if her show tanks then they will announce her as the new host. I can't believe this is going on for over a year.

Offline EaglesWings4500

• In the Audience
« Reply #449 on: September 18, 2021, 08:10:16 PM »
Do you think Ken will get the job as the host Full time and Mayim doing the specials?

I know Ken has The Chase and one other game show I believe on GSN... Mayim has own show on FOX.