6 (2.7%)
Levar Burton
12 (5.3%)
David Faber
26 (11.5%)
Joe Buck
8 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post  (Read 105022 times)

Offline rj2345

• In the Audience
Re: Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post
« Reply #465 on: December 14, 2021, 04:41:15 PM »
They may as well let them both take over as hosts have them split the season in half and let Mayim Bialik host any specials. The ratings are still going good and people are used to seeing them both host.

I think they've silently have given the host position to Mayim, and will continue the split until Mayim's Fox show ends.

Listen closely to how Johnny intros the show, when Mayim host's he says "And now, Here's the Host of Jeopardy". While when Ken hosts, it's "And now, hosting Jeopardy".

Offline EaglesWings4500

• In the Audience
« Reply #466 on: December 14, 2021, 07:54:09 PM »
I think they've silently have given the host position to Mayim, and will continue the split until Mayim's Fox show ends.

Listen closely to how Johnny intros the show, when Mayim host's he says "And now, Here's the Host of Jeopardy". While when Ken hosts, it's "And now, hosting Jeopardy".

I have noticed that..    Some one posted on a Jeopardy forum that they should let Ken host the weekly series and let Mayim host the specials...

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #467 on: December 15, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »

When did that start?  I remember hearing the one for Ken when he was on recently, but not certain how Mayim was introduced when she hosted prior to that.

Reason being, you could see it being done differently for her for the Tournament as she was supposed to do special things anyway even in the earlier configuration.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #468 on: December 15, 2021, 03:51:17 PM »
Since the start of the season, Mayim has been “the host” and Ken has been “hosting.” I don’t know if they stuck the professors’ tournament into the taping schedule out of order and the EP made a change concurrent with Ken’s weeks that isn’t designed to signify more. That’s about the only slim chance the EP isn’t sending a deliberate message.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #469 on: April 19, 2022, 09:01:25 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but there's certainly a lot going on this season, as the rotation between Ken and Mayim continues. The most recent feature introduced to the show since the last post is a preview of the contestant matchups for the following episode.

We'll see if this fall if we get a Mattea/Amy/Matt ToC final, since I don't think there has ever been a tournament with FOUR double-digit champs in the running. A lot of the four-time champs from March . We're up to 12 automatic qualifiers now (Ten 5-day+ champs, and the Professors and College tournament winner). The current four-day champ on the bubble is Margaret Shelton with $79,700. Two other four-day champs (both part of the string of four champs who got defeated in March) have been knocked out. If we have more than three new 5-day champs by the end of the season, those qualifiers will have to wait until 2024 most likely for the next ToC.

It would help if we had a special thread for each season for this show for those who don't have an account over at J!board.tv.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline amazzola910

• Outside in Line
  • What a bonehead
« Reply #470 on: April 19, 2022, 11:04:07 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but there's certainly a lot going on this season, as the rotation between Ken and Mayim continues. The most recent feature introduced to the show since the last post is a preview of the contestant matchups for the following episode.

We'll see if this fall if we get a Mattea/Amy/Matt ToC final, since I don't think there has ever been a tournament with FOUR double-digit champs in the running. A lot of the four-time champs from March . We're up to 12 automatic qualifiers now (Ten 5-day+ champs, and the Professors and College tournament winner). The current four-day champ on the bubble is Margaret Shelton with $79,700. Two other four-day champs (both part of the string of four champs who got defeated in March) have been knocked out. If we have more than three new 5-day champs by the end of the season, those qualifiers will have to wait until 2024 most likely for the next ToC.

It would help if we had a special thread for each season for this show for those who don't have an account over at J!board.tv.

Keep in mind we also have the second chance tournament preluding the TOC in November, which will feed its winner into the field.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #471 on: May 17, 2022, 01:38:53 PM »
Some news from the upfronts, ABC has greenlighted Celebrity Jeopardy! airing Sunday nights at 8 pm this fall preceding Celebrity Wheel of Fortune.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/celebrity-jeopardy-abc-this-fall-1235025900/

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #472 on: May 17, 2022, 10:51:56 PM »
I figured at some point ABC was going to do Celebrity Jeopardy. Now what remains is who will be hosting it.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2022, 12:26:01 PM »
I'd be perfectly fine with either hosting, but I'd bet on Mayim before Ken.  No huge reason; they went with the former for their special network primetime specials originally, so I don't see why they'd go off of that.  Not sure if they'd rotate within a single season though
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #474 on: May 20, 2022, 07:44:16 PM »
I'd be perfectly fine with either hosting, but I'd bet on Mayim before Ken.  No huge reason; they went with the former for their special network primetime specials originally, so I don't see why they'd go off of that.  Not sure if they'd rotate within a single season though

Only makes sense, since she was supposed to be hosting special events anyway in the original setup.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #475 on: May 21, 2022, 02:46:19 AM »
I'm thinking it's Ken actually. Mayim's sitcom has been renewed, so that will be a continued obstacle when it comes to her Jeopardy schedule. Ken, on the other hand, is not on The Chase anymore. His schedule appears to be fairly open. Nothing is stopping him from doing Jeopardy full time.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #476 on: May 23, 2022, 04:49:29 PM »
I'm thinking it's Ken actually. Mayim's sitcom has been renewed, so that will be a continued obstacle when it comes to her Jeopardy schedule. Ken, on the other hand, is not on The Chase anymore. His schedule appears to be fairly open. Nothing is stopping him from doing Jeopardy full time.

Except that a Celebrity version would certainly come under the heading of special events.

And, if they do like Wheel did there were maybe a dozen shows filmed.  That would only take a few days to do, so could easily enough be worked in between the other show filmings.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #477 on: May 23, 2022, 06:17:51 PM »
They’ll need to get moving reasonably soon to have it ready for fall, but they should be able to have Mayim knock that one out even with the sitcom also renewed. It clouds the picture for the daily version, but that’s life, and the challenge shows face. Good talent is often locked into contractual obligations elsewhere.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #478 on: May 25, 2022, 08:19:05 AM »
Pay attention to how each of them is introduced by Johnny Gilbert...  That should tell you they want as the full time host.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #479 on: May 26, 2022, 04:47:41 AM »
It should tell you that one is a host of the franchise and one is not at this time. No one is using the intros as some secret coded message about their desires.