Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV

(1/324) > >>

Spmahn:
https://www.vulture.com/2020/11/classic-the-price-is-right-episodes-streaming-pluto-tv.html?fbclid=IwAR1BglLEmQSwAjRffuHHiT2Z80-VTsEFpwoM8YoDLZkmFFi9WNfM1L_Re30

Well that came out of nowhere, although I had heard rumors this was coming a few months back, but nothing recent.

pricefan18:
Just seeing this on their official twitter....(that sprung up fast), looks like the Fur Ban is still in effect if this is to be read correctly. It's a start though. Dec. 1st, 2020 The Price Is Right: The Barker Era exclusively on @plutotv. Starting w season 11 (82), first season furs were no longer offered as prizes, supporting Bob’s advocacy of animal rights in memory of his wife Dorothy Jo. CH # 163 starts tomorrow! https://t.co/Uo92I74U6Q— The Price Is Right: The Barker Era (@TPIRBarker) November 30, 2020
--- End quote ---

Spmahn:
Disappointing that nothing prior to ‘82 will be seen. If I had to guess, based on how Buzzr TV works, this probably won’t be an endless loop of every episode from ‘82 on, because of the time it takes to digitize episodes, clean them up, edit out music cues or anything else that can’t air, it’s likely that they’ll be dumped in monthly or periodic batches, like 30 or 60 at a time that will just rotate in a cycle for a month until they have the next batch ready, etc.

Hopefully Freemantle doesn’t decide to crack down on Youtube uploads because of this, because obviously there’s going to be a lot of noteworthy episodes or moments we’re all going to want to see, but none of use are going to be able to keep this running 24/7.

urbanpreppie0004:
Can I make a request-

Can we not complain about the years they're not airing and be happy for at least a little while? Reruns of Barker era episodes haven't been on in 20+ years.

pricefan18:

--- Quote from: Spmahn on November 30, 2020, 02:23:55 PM ---Disappointing that nothing prior to ‘82 will be seen. If I had to guess, based on how Buzzr TV works, this probably won’t be an endless loop of every episode from ‘82 on, because of the time it takes to digitize episodes, clean them up, edit out music cues or anything else that can’t air, it’s likely that they’ll be dumped in monthly or periodic batches, like 30 or 60 at a time that will just rotate in a cycle for a month until they have the next batch ready, etc.

Hopefully Freemantle doesn’t decide to crack down on Youtube uploads because of this, because obviously there’s going to be a lot of noteworthy episodes or moments we’re all going to want to see, but none of use are going to be able to keep this running 24/7.

--- End quote ---

Yeah and they've already said they are gonna do themes (like Christmas themed shows for example) around what they run, so what you say makes sense on that level at least. Will be interesting to see though. And I hope they don't either, especially considering the fact some of the episodes there now are ones that otherwise won't see air because of the furs in them, let alone ones older than 82 as well in addition. To lose those would be a major major loss, as who knows if or when they'll ever be made available again. Let's hope such a loss doesn't happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version