Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 368657 times)

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #900 on: May 14, 2021, 09:19:54 AM »
I just finished watching the majority of the latest batch. There were no skips at all not counting the three skipped ones between the two. The biggest little flaw with this batch is that the very bottom of the screen features a black line across most the bottom row along with some blurriness to the left of it. As is typical with a new batch, there were some buffering/quality issues, but the problems seemed to improve as the batch progresses, so when these shows air again next weekend (beginning at 5 PM Eastern on Sat. 5/22), hopefully we'll see some of the quality issues fixed, but then again, just like how typical VHS/Beta tapes develop tracking wear, so can quads. Hopefully, like the rollouts in February with episodes 101-200, we'll get the next 25 a week from Sunday at 6 PM EDT beginning with 5052D (10/25/83) and ending with the unconfirmed 5103D (11/30/83), assuming with no skips. That next batch would feature the premiere of Walk of Fame, the refurbished Dice Game set, and the 1983 Home Viewer Showcase.

Like I've mentioned previously, some episodes were taped out of order, most notably the episodes from 5012D through 5043D that didn't feature The Phone Home Game in that stretch, which were taped prior to the season premiere week and the following week.  For now, the reset point remains the "Microphone Elbow" show with the blown Lucky Seven playing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 09:22:01 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #901 on: May 14, 2021, 03:17:56 PM »
I'm wondering if 10/25/83 originally didn't air in some (not all) parts of the country due to Grenada coverage?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #902 on: May 14, 2021, 08:22:25 PM »
I'm wondering if 10/25/83 originally didn't air in some (not all) parts of the country due to Grenada coverage?

I was in school during that episode so I wasn't catching it regardless, but given the lack of other networks at that time, I'd imagine it was.  Fox News & MSNBC were more than a decade away, while CNN and the CNN deuce AKA HLN were rather new, so I think there was some interference within that episode.  I do not know and cannot recall if it was rerun on CBS, but nonetheless I think we'll see it next Sunday on Pluto
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #903 on: May 15, 2021, 10:06:07 PM »
About one of the eps in the current batch of "new" old shows: Show #5011D, OAD 9/26/1983 was likely preempted completely in the East Coast (or had a good chunk of it preempted) due to a Presidential News Conference; I know that day's Press Your Luck ep met that fate. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #904 on: May 16, 2021, 05:15:54 PM »
About one of the eps in the current batch of "new" old shows: Show #5011D, OAD 9/26/1983 was likely preempted completely in the East Coast (or had a good chunk of it preempted) due to a Presidential News Conference; I know that day's Press Your Luck ep met that fate. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

I can neither confirm nor deny that.  However, if I had to guess, I don't think TPIR was affected that day.  Usually TPTB adjusts whenever the show gets preempted on the East Coast (for instance, showing a rerun on the West Coast) and then saving it for later.

Both season premieres were preempted for Season's 22 & 27.  Unlike the former, the latter was pushed back 24 hours, which resulted in the scheduled Tuesday episode to air on New Year's Eve.  That was cool for me personally since they don't typically rerun the premieres.

Good thing preemptions aren't a big deal these days.  There were several cases where an episode was interrupted in both their original runs and their reruns (what are the chances of that?!) but that occurred during the era where you could catch that show online

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #905 on: May 20, 2021, 06:10:35 PM »
Watching the show labeled 4902...and is it me or was there a BIG edit in the Now and Then game? Went from Johnny describing the prize to applause from the audience as he finished, to Bob speaking of the game on a wide shot with an abruptly silent one. It felt a little jarring. That couldn't have been Pluto could it?

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #906 on: May 20, 2021, 07:00:03 PM »
Yea,

Some episodes have a little black glitch on the far right of the screen. Is this Pluto TV? Or a damage in tape transition? The quality is AMAZING on the video. Almost HD content! The audio does jar at times. An A- on the video, and a C+ on the audio for me.

Joe

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
« Reply #907 on: May 20, 2021, 07:08:58 PM »
I didn't notice anything jarring on my "version" of 4902. And I thought I saw someone mention that "glitch" was digibeta tracking error, but that could've been referring to something else.

Also more new episodes after they replay 5002-5052, up to 5105

?s=19

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #908 on: May 20, 2021, 07:10:34 PM »
I think the audio is a Chrome vs Firefox thing.  At least for me it is (several may be using other browsers or watching off of Roku or whatever).  The video is alright, not perfect but not a big deal either.  The editing stuff is more Pluto than the viewer.  For instance shortly after the release of the second set of 200 episodes, they'd skip a commercial break, but then take that break in the middle of the showcases

Outside of the obvious edits to segments pimping TPHG, as long as they're not editing out original material, I'm okay with the final product.  Definitely a B overall for me

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #909 on: May 21, 2021, 07:36:12 AM »

Also more new episodes after they replay 5002-5052, up to 5105

?s=19

Actually, 5051D was the last episode from the first portion of the newest batch. Assuming there's 25 more, 5105D would mean that there would be two skipped episodes in this batch (hopefully one of them isn't 5103D).
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #910 on: May 23, 2021, 05:24:48 PM »
Next batch starts at 6 PM Eastern today!

Offline C8

« Reply #911 on: May 24, 2021, 01:37:29 AM »
Just caught the debut of Walk of Fame not realizing any new eps were added.

I wanted to say it was a treat but it was an anticlimactic loss to a half baked game. The first prize being a wok for the first playing…that was cute.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #912 on: May 24, 2021, 02:11:05 AM »
Just caught the debut of Walk of Fame not realizing any new eps were added.

I wanted to say it was a treat but it was an anticlimactic loss to a half baked game. The first prize being a wok for the first playing…that was cute.

Unfortunately because of the way they're dumping these episodes the first few playings of the game air at various times throughout the night and then once at a decent hour. Since not everyone can be up at 1am here's the first playing.

YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline holdme

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #913 on: May 24, 2021, 01:47:23 PM »
5064 and 5103 are the skipped episodes in this new batch.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #914 on: May 24, 2021, 03:19:55 PM »
How many episodes total through all the cycles have they now skipped counting those two?