Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 361033 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Bob Barker era reruns returning to Pluto TV beginning tomorrow 12/1/20
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2020, 12:45:12 AM »
Apologies if this was already mentioned, but (assuming it happens) I’m most excited to eventually see the Season 22 premiere, which as many of us know was not shown in 99% of the country and never re-aired.

If you hadn't known, it did pop up on YouTube a few years ago by David Downs (RIP) when he had the Fun & Games Channel running. So if you've not seen it before, you can now. It's the studio master too.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2020, 02:16:12 AM »
Anyone have any idea why the plugs before SCSD #1 sometimes air, and sometimes don't? I assume there has to be some reason vs. Pluto cutting it off by accident occasionally.

Offline CaseyBuck

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2020, 02:36:31 AM »
Anyone have any idea why the plugs before SCSD #1 sometimes air, and sometimes don't? I assume there has to be some reason vs. Pluto cutting it off by accident occasionally.

It alternates between the "some members of our studio audience will receive" plug (which is left in), and the ticket plug (which is edited out).

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2020, 02:40:25 AM »
It alternates between the "some members of our studio audience will receive" plug (which is left in), and the ticket plug (which is edited out).

Ah gotcha, I half thought that may be why (or conversely that somehow some companies hadn't been compensated for their plugs to be re-aired or something, which seems silly as I type that lol).....but I wasn't sure if the ticket plug was standard in one spot or not. Where was it if not there? Or was it not ran daily then? I am kinda curious what they'll do when they get to the era where the ticket plug began to run daily after SCSD #1, it'd look kinda strange to do a hard cut before Bob's toss to break every show. I'd tend to think they'll leave it in at that point just due to that, but could be wrong.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2020, 06:58:56 AM »
I am enjoying this trip back to the early 80s as much as everyone else and I was watching the show back in the 70s and 80s.  For all you younger viewers out there:  This is how the show is hosted, produced and directed.  Period.  The shows we are all enjoying now is what led to Price's iconic status.   Every show was unique in it's own way and Bob knew how to build suspense like no other.  Pay attention and enjoy all the little details that are missing from the current run.  Ok, back to Pluto TV.... 

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2020, 07:46:33 AM »
I am kinda curious what they'll do when they get to the era where the ticket plug began to run daily after SCSD #1

One can only hope they leave it in for us. 

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2020, 07:59:53 AM »
Interesting that on 4604D, Bob did not reset the big wheel back to 5 cents in the bonus spin/spinoff for the spinner trying to tie $1.00 (and win $11,000) to have another spinoff. However it did not affect the outcome (given where it landed on at the end).

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2020, 08:26:07 AM »
Interesting that on 4604D, Bob did not reset the big wheel back to 5 cents in the bonus spin/spinoff for the spinner trying to tie $1.00 (and win $11,000) to have another spinoff. However it did not affect the outcome (given where it landed on at the end).

It's a good thing the wheel didn't land on 15. 

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2020, 10:18:48 AM »
So...observations from a few shows in.
  • Bob would get #MeToo'd today.
  • They are straight up abusing the Train...I think it's been in virtually every-other episode so far.
  • Penny Ante needed to come back about 15 years ago.
  • Never liked the TT colors of this set, hasn't changed.  The stucco is super obvious...the set change will be soon, I think.
  • Trader Bob is.....interesting.
  • Marc Breslow's style is great.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2020, 11:09:42 AM »
I always thought of Trader Bob as a less-engaging version of Hurdles, but with small prizes. I like the old timey general store set, but that's about all.

Offline asd2001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2020, 11:43:56 AM »
If you hadn't known, it did pop up on YouTube a few years ago by David Downs (RIP) when he had the Fun & Games Channel running. So if you've not seen it before, you can now. It's the studio master too.

I definitely had no idea. Thank you!

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2020, 11:59:00 AM »
4604D had a contestant go over by only $4 in Card Game.  Is this the smallest known overbid?

Offline SamTheSham

• In the Audience
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2020, 12:08:26 PM »
In several of these shows, there has been a redhead sitting in the front row, next to the “Right” seat. During the opening, she gives little wave to the camera.  Any idea who she is?

Offline ntpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2020, 12:32:23 PM »
Wow. I never realized how much they played Poker Game back in the day. I haven't been able to watch every episode (work wouldn't understand...) so far aired on Pluto but every episode I have watched has had Poker Game. I love it!!!

Willy, every time you post in this thread...perfection! You speak every sentiment I'm thinking!!

Offline asd2001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
Wow. I never realized how much they played Poker Game back in the day. I haven't been able to watch every episode (work wouldn't understand...) so far aired on Pluto but every episode I have watched has had Poker Game. I love it!!!

Willy, every time you post in this thread...perfection! You speak every sentiment I'm thinking!!

The Poker Game airing just now (12:30pm EST) is as good of a win in that game as I've ever seen!

Also I loved hearing the "whoop whoop whoop" sound effect used for a Bonus Spin landing on one of the green sections! I had never seen that prior to just a few minutes ago.