Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 356492 times)

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1200 on: January 11, 2022, 12:18:33 PM »
My upload of the October 30, 1984 episode is still in tact and I dont have any copyright notices for my channel. I wonder if that means they’ll be skipping that episode.
I also just noticed now that the October 25, 1984 episode is also left intact.  It sounds like this episode, along with October 30, 1984, are candidates for being skipped on PlutoTV.  Time will tell.

Did GSN air these two particular episodes in the past?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1201 on: January 11, 2022, 01:05:58 PM »
I also just noticed now that the October 25, 1984 episode is also left intact.  It sounds like this episode, along with October 30, 1984, are candidates for being skipped on PlutoTV.  Time will tell.

Did GSN air these two particular episodes in the past?

I wonder if they'll pick up from after 10/30/84 if both 10/25 & 10/30 are still available.  However, I'm guessing that they haven't gotten around to taking those episodes down yet.

Not sure if these particular ones aired on GSN; if so it was likely a random airing on a Wednesday or Thursday WinTV episode or earlier in the GSN era / before 98-99
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1202 on: January 11, 2022, 02:50:34 PM »
^ Was the aforementioned October 1984 show the October 16, 1984 episode that got taken down?

In either event, this is a sure sign that fresh episodes are looming.

That episode is still up on my pannoni10 channel, but it was set to unlisted in November. Some earlier episodes which survive the takedowns were in lower quality, and that copy isn't the best. The next loop should be the last, as was the case for the last two batches. Among the set changes coming in the new batch:

*The vane Showcase Showdown scoreboard
*The second "in space at night" Giant Price Tag
*The yellow dollar sign with red background Clam
*The blue with neon pink Most Expensive set (featured on that episode in question)
*Punch-A-Bunch's yellow slips with dollar signs on the back
*Brighter green turntable carpet (you'll notice it when you'll see that the shade of the carpet more closely matches the Clock Game border instead of the base of Any Number)
*A new whistle for the Train
*The "chances won" indicators on On The Nose
*An updated lumina key on the Light Border where the orange and red lights appear "bigger" than the white ones
*A slight revision to the check on Blank Check
*The theme from "The Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour" becoming a cue for cars and possibly Super Ball!

Other things that may make their first appearance is the Train Depot Showcase, 3 Strikes + with the sign, Penny Ante's second color scheme (dark green/blue of the same color), Pick-A-Pair's "American Patrol" carnival music, On The Nose's synth to reveal the event, Bullseye's brighter green target arrow, and some extra lighting behind the audience curtains in front of the control room. I'd bet that January 30th will kick off fresh episodes based on the pattern from previous batches.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #1203 on: January 12, 2022, 09:40:12 AM »
^ Was the aforementioned October 1984 show the October 16, 1984 episode that got taken down?

The clip is from Marty Wagner's birthday. The claim was for 5451D. What I find odd is in the previous drop the clip was claimed under 5402D. I'm wondering if Bob's entrance is just that generic that the Content ID match will claim it every time they put new episodes on.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #1204 on: January 12, 2022, 11:45:17 AM »
The intro is just that generic in general. I remember uploading an intro of an episode earlier this season to try to see the production number, and I got copyright claimed for three different episodes that already aired.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1205 on: January 13, 2022, 09:02:37 PM »
Just saw a post on another forum that we're due to loop back to 4581D tonight at 4am... how are you guys able to scrape data like that from further out than the 3 or 4 hours that the Pluto schedule page shows?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1206 on: January 13, 2022, 09:09:22 PM »
Just saw a post on another forum that we're due to loop back to 4581D tonight at 4am... how are you guys able to scrape data like that from further out than the 3 or 4 hours that the Pluto schedule page shows?

I think Discord was able to figure out the scheduled lineup 12 hours in advance.  In other words, at 4 PM Eastern, they're resetting back to 4581 at 4 in the AM EST.  Should be the last time; not ideal to start new episodes early Friday before rush hour.  A date like January 30th in primetime makes more sense
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1207 on: January 15, 2022, 05:09:36 AM »
Update: My early '85 video (2/1/85) just got blocked as of an hour ago.

I have to assume this is now the last loop before the new shows.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #1208 on: January 15, 2022, 11:19:59 AM »
I'm wondering if Bob's entrance is just that generic that the Content ID match will claim it every time they put new episodes on.
Yes, yes it is, and yes, yes they will.

Claimed as 5575D now.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
« Reply #1209 on: January 21, 2022, 04:40:36 PM »
To anyone else here who tracks these things... in prior showings of the 3/10/83 show [4834D], has it gone to commercial in the middle of Penny Ante? I ask since it did so on the 12/15/21 4am showing, which I'm in the middle of editing as I type this. If this was a one-time thing, I'll just try to get it again on this next loop, but if this is a regular issue with this episode, no need to bother.
I know this is a late reply, but yes, 4834D has always been messed up during Ante. I've re-recorded it several times and it's never changed.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1210 on: January 21, 2022, 05:58:52 PM »
I know this is a late reply, but yes, 4834D has always been messed up during Ante. I've re-recorded it several times and it's never changed.

That must be some kind of issue with the Pluto channel itself -- I've seen a recording of the source video, and the game is fine.  (It was far enough back that I don't remember it specifically, but I'd have noticed if half a game were missing.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1211 on: January 21, 2022, 06:55:23 PM »
That must be some kind of issue with the Pluto channel itself -- I've seen a recording of the source video, and the game is fine.  (It was far enough back that I don't remember it specifically, but I'd have noticed if half a game were missing.)
It's not that the game is missing, it's that it has the commercial in the wrong spot... once they come back from the break, they pick up exactly where they left off, so it's not missing anything (except for a few frames that are missing if you know where to look and what you're looking for). More my OCD kicking in than an actual problem, you could say.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
« Reply #1212 on: January 21, 2022, 08:54:17 PM »
A few observations stemming from the host entrance claims:
1. The Content ID algorithm is pretty tolerant of small video differences.
2. At standard resolution, Bob's outfit -- the only thing different from entrance to entrance -- counts as a minor difference. I wonder if the groups of claimed   
    episodes all have Bob wearing roughly the same type of suit (i.e. dark or light).
3. Johnny O was very precise.
4. Marc Breslow was damn precise.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1213 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:05 PM »
Question about the CBS $25,000 winning limit.

So, if Alberto won a $500 prize to get up on stage. Then, he played Temptation and won a car worth $7960 and prizes totaling $2,290.  Total win thus far: $10,750.

The producer who devised the show rundown for the day realized this potential outcome.
Thus, he knew based on the five other games in the line up, $10,750 was going to be as good as it gets on this show.

The question: does that $10,750 win mean that the producer would only present showcases that would not have a value greater than $14,250.
Would the CBS limit constrain his/her showcase decision making?

Mind you, I’m fully aware a big wheel win blows this whole qustion out of the water.

Granted the budget rules everything, but did the CBS constraint rule the budget for our contestant, Alberto?
John, Rod, Rich... What is the next name on your list?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #1214 on: January 21, 2022, 10:46:18 PM »
No. That’s not how the winnings cap worked in the 80s either; IIRC, before 1984, you had to retire that show if you won $25,000 (which mattered for shows like Press Your Luck with returning champions, but not really Price), but you could keep up to $35,000. In the case that a contestant somehow blew past that, then he would either have to forfeit or donate some of his winnings to charity.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023