Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Range Game sound used in Carol Burnett show skit

<< < (2/4) > >>

FanOfDrew87:
I am thinking that sound effect may be property of CBS, considering that The Carol Burnett Show and The Price is Right were both aired on CBS, and both taped at the CBS Television City studios.

This may also explain the ding sound effect used on The Price is Right, Card Sharks with Bob Eubanks, 1970s Match Game, and even the non-Mark Goodson production Press Your Luck.  The ding sound effect may also be property of CBS, whereas you would never hear that sound effect on any game show aired on ABC nor NBC - someone please clarify otherwise.

Thatgameshowguy:
I recall the clangs and whoops also being used for a Carol Burnett Show afterparty once the series had wrapped. I imagine all of the sounds effects used are from CBS directly instead of just Price or MGP.

jhc2010:

--- Quote from: FanOfDrew87 on May 16, 2021, 09:11:47 PM ---I am thinking that sound effect may be property of CBS, considering that The Carol Burnett Show and The Price is Right were both aired on CBS, and both taped at the CBS Television City studios.
--- End quote ---
Not only were both taped at CBS Television City, they taped in the exact same studio.

Nate Powalie:

--- Quote from: jhc2010 on June 02, 2021, 11:34:33 PM ---Not only were both taped at CBS Television City, they taped in the exact same studio.

--- End quote ---

Really? Go figure.

blozier2006:

--- Quote from: Nate Powalie on June 03, 2021, 11:44:28 AM ---Really? Go figure.

--- End quote ---
I thought that was pretty well common knowledge around these parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version