Author Topic: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 3 - Throwback to Season 48  (Read 22469 times)

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
9821's The Price is Right Episode 3 - Throwback to Season 48
« on: January 04, 2021, 07:32:11 PM »
ohi there! I'm here for another one of those new-fangled HYOs! However, since we loved doing a lot of throwbacks, I decided I would do one to the good old days of Season 48! This means I'll follow the format of the show with six pricing games, two SCSDs, and a Showcase, and it will be totally normal and not devolve into chaos at all!

Here are the rules if you're want in:

• I'll PM you when you get called on down, when you make it on stage, and if you make it to the Showcase.
  • Deadlines are 24 hours, but you don't officially get penalized until after I say so. So, if you miss a deadline but preform the action before I call you for it, you are fine.
  • Missing your chance on Contestants' Row will be an automatic pass on your first offense and an ejection on your second.
  • Missing your chance at the start of a pricing game will result in you being swapped with the next-closest player during that IUFB, and you will have to earn your way back onto the stage. Missing a deadline after you've given an action will result in an automatic loss.
  • Missing on spin on the Showcase Showdown will get you a strike if you haven't gotten one before, and an ejection if you have or do it again!
  • If you forget to bid on the Showcase, you will be replaced with the second place person from your Showcase Showdown.
  • Audience, don't help during the IUFBs, but feel free to chime in anytime else!
  • Have fun, and feel free to ask any questions, before or during the game!

Since this is Season 48, for your audition prompt, I want you to write a fake taping report to the show on 10/2/2019. Be as punctual or broad, serious or funny, but be creative, and I'll choose some of my favorites to come on down! I randomly chose a date, and haven't reread the recap, so I want you to give me a refresher in the most entertaining way possible! (if you want to pass, that's fine, this prompt is rather long tbh)

I'll start the show quickly, on 1/6/2021, a bit after noon EST. Good Luck, and happy new year!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 12:21:40 PM by therealcu2010 »
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 2 - Throwback to Season 48
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 09:46:41 PM »
I'm in!

Ever wanted to go on an easy Shopping Spree? This contestant did... and won! How about a game of Yahtzee for a new car!!!! No Yahtzee on this game of Let 'em Roll, though! Ok, how about getting that J. Geils Band song stuck in your head- just take a Freeze Frame; but our contestant didn't quite freeze the right frame. Remember that awesome Shopping Spree? Well, there's a sale going on, and some items are 2 for the Price of 1 (but not for our contestant)! We're all stuck in a Rat Race, but this contestant got out and found their way to a brand new car!! Finally, ever wanted to be cool like Plinkoman? All you have to do is prove to the world you are not a Push Over, and the final contestant did just that! And, I know all TPIR fans are cool, but are you $684 away from your showcase cool? The Showcase winner was! Help control the pet population; have your pets spayed or neutered!
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:18:23 PM »
I'm in!

Six pricing games were played on the October 2, 2019 show, two of them for cars. I believe there were two Showcase Showdowns, as well as two Showcases presented.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 05:58:51 AM »
Count me in. I would like to pass on the prompt.

Offline GameShowFan86

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 12:05:22 PM »
I'm interested in playing...

MOD NOTE: Ineligible. Please read the Rules of the section to learn how to be eligible to play. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 09:11:28 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 05:43:04 PM »
I'll sign up...

Boy I tell ya I sure was tired after attending the morning taping so by this point my excitement level was about a 3. I almost went into full old person mode with all the hootin and hollerin from the potential contestants. When we FINALLY got into the studio after a few rogue bathroom trippers they showed me to my seat, I settled in and took a nice nap...until those magic words HEEEEEEEERE IT COMES! came through and I sprung up like a toaster with as much enthusiasm as the last show. THEN I took a nap 3min later and when I woke up in the studio and it was the next days taping...

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 06:17:03 AM »
I'm in, so I'll be rhymin'!

Robin starts the show off with a Shopping Spree win, choosing all other prizes but the foosball table may cause a winning streak to begin.

And a sight of hope is seen with Cole, dumping some blocks playing Let 'Em Roll, to win the car it takes some luck, sadly the last roll gave her 1500 bucks.

Bit bored after that loss? Let's continue the fun, and quit saying blah. It's now Freeze Frame with contestant Farihah. It's great to get a trip to New Orleans that's marked a price ending in the tens!

2 For 1's not a hard game especially for Kenneth hoping to win a hot tub with Melissa and James. Picking the middle number's a great idea, but still it's a lose-a...

It's everyone's fave, the game of rats, where Lauren gets a chance at. Orange, pink, and blue, all lanes she chose, 1-2-3-Rat Race, it's a car for you!

A vacation to Japan might just PUSH Phillip OVER the edge. Put 9-1-7-8 right in the window, it would produce a fun win, right on the show's last stretch.

Showcase time, it's OVER for Farirah, but Lauren's just fine. Winnin' over $54K kept the crowd in cheers, and as usual, ol' legendary spay-neuter plug would never be unpleasing to the ears.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 07:57:22 AM »
Yeah, I think the prompt was a bit too hard. I'll extend the deadline to Thursday night, and just say that you want in if you want in. Forget about the prompt, although for those of you who did it, expect to be rewarded.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 12:21:17 PM »
I'd sign up, but obviously since I have the script, I cannot. 9821's shows are pretty good guys... always some fun surprises in store and this one is no different, so sign up for it!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 3 - Throwback to Season 48
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 01:19:11 PM »
I so wish I could join, but I'm starting a new job next week and can't be sure I'll be able to check this site on a regular basis :(. But good luck--I've always enjoyed your shows!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 10:54:14 PM »
Wow, the site is back up, its a miracle :-). I'd love to join, if still allowed.

Regarding your prompt, let me see what I can recall from my October 2, 2019 taping, with absolutely no hindsight whatsoever...

My oh my, what a day we had today. Our clean shaven host coming out pumping up the crowd, the hooting and hollering from all directions. The first IUFB came out, and I then I kinda blacked out from the sheer excitement. Just being there was a miracle, we were somehow able to push our trip out to LA up a year and it was worth every second. Gameplay was mixed, we had a shopping spree go right, a dice roll go wrong, a nailbiting rat race, all while everything else was anything but a pushover (including Pushover  :lol:). Hopefully we can make it out next year and do it all over the exact same way.  :-)

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 3 - IUFB #1
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 01:08:24 PM »
I'm going to start the show right now, but allow late joiners if they want. If there is no one else new to get called down, I guess the Row will have fewer than 4 players.

Here it comes! From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right!
123^3, come on down!
Plinkoman, come on down!
tpiradam, come on down!
and JhayPrice, come on down!

You are the first four contestants as we pay tribute to Season 48 on The Price is Right!

And now, here's your host... Mr. 9821!

*I walk out*

Welcome one, welcome all to the first HYO of 2021! Mr. Announcer, can we have the first item up for bids?

How about this new iPhone?

Call, text, or Zoom your friends and family with this iPhone 12 Pro Max. This large phone has a 6.7 inch screen, 512GB of memory, and facial recognition!

Numbers, we'll start with you. Bid as close as you can without going over.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 05:17:06 PM »
Sweet, glad to be here. I promise I won't black out during this taping  :-)

$789, please

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 06:08:45 PM »
I know I am late. Can I join in? I will pass doing the question.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 06:44:21 PM »
^You'll be called down after everyone else who signed up in time, but yes.

$789 for Numbers... *ding!*

Plinkoman, your turn.