Author Topic: Celebrating Season 50  (Read 6342 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Celebrating Season 50
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 10:50:38 PM »
Just an idea, if they were to offer 5 cars, they could play for a first pair of low-range cars (total price, 2 choices), then a second pair for 2 mid-range cars (total price, 3 choices), and a Goldy-type car at the end (4 choices), on Triple Play.

I actually really like that idea. I think that'd work amazingly well.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 02:43:54 PM »
They could always bring back Credit Card for one playing and play for 5 cars.  :lol:
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 04:38:32 PM »
Quintuple Play. You can’t win one car. You can’t win two cars. You can’t win three cars. You can’t win four cars. You must win all five automobiles.

This had me thinking of a time where Kit Salisbury, one of Tic Tac Dough's legendary champions, once told the USA Today's Jefferson Graham: "I won nine cars, but what am I going to do with nine cars?" (IIRC, another news story corroborated Graham's report that Salisbury sold the cars at a local flea market.)

I can picture a contestant thinking the same thing if this were ever to happen on Price if he won five cars, let alone three.

Brian

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 06:01:50 AM »
All this talk of five cars in a pricing game, and you're all missing the obvious one.

It's in the Bag, but reversed. Arrange the cars (via toys or photos) in each of five bags. Six prices; one dud and five correct. Match each price to each car. Inflate the bailout options.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.