Author Topic: November 21, 1977 (#2571D)  (Read 3460 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: November 21, 1977 (#2571D)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 01:50:02 AM »
Private link.

EDIT: If this is the episode I think it is, Imad's got a lot of explaining as to how he got it.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 02:29:12 AM »
According to the FAQ, it’s the show that features the second and last playing of Professor Price.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 02:40:32 AM »
Not all is lost, however...

The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 09:51:36 PM »
Screengrabs of the final playing are available on the Professor Price gallery right here: https://priceisright.fandom.com/wiki/Professor_Price/Gallery

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 01:14:56 PM »
And now, the main event...

The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 12:06:05 PM »
"Professor Price" is a game that could potentially give nightmares.

Especially kids who were afraid the owl would – while flapping his wings upon a win – begin to somehow fly and come through the TV screen and get them!

As for me in this "older and wiser" age, yeah, the game could have worked. The questions themselves didn't really have to do with consumer knowledge, but yet they did because they helped determine the digits in the price. And you did get asked a question like, "Is '5' one of the numbers in the price of the car?" (The question about Lincoln being on what dollar bill simply set up the follow-up question about 5 being in the price of the car.)

Brian

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 10:08:36 AM »
Still, there is no reason why general knowledge questions work on Price. On Let's Make A Deal, trivia works since it sort of provides a tool to make the guarantee higher or the deal easier to accomplish.  If this game used its full potential based on its theme properly, it could have lasted much longer. In addition to what I posted in the Games Long Gone section, other questions could have involved pricing a GP/SP on the desk, or even since you thing of studying as a way to get ahead given the theme, recalling the price of another item used earlier in the show, such as "which one bid item was the most/least expensive?" LMAD occasionally does a recall element regarding prizes being offered. But to make it more like an actual school, the Shhh! sign from Clock Game would be used to prevent cheating.

I'm not sure if I would have been scared like Grand Game's orange "Ten Thousand Dollars" graphic zoom-in, but that owl is definitely unnecessary since there wouldn't realistically be one flying around in a classroom outside of that rare biology class.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:13:37 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 10:30:14 AM »
Still, there is no reason why general knowledge questions work on Price. On Let's Make A Deal, trivia works since it sort of provides a tool to make the guarantee higher or the deal easier to accomplish.  If this game used its full potential based on its theme properly, it could have lasted much longer. In addition to what I posted in the Games Long Gone section, other questions could have involved pricing a GP/SP on the desk, or even since you thing of studying as a way to get ahead given the theme, recalling the price of another item used earlier in the show, such as "which one bid item was the most/least expensive?" LMAD occasionally does a recall element regarding prizes being offered. But to make it more like an actual school, the Shhh! sign from Clock Game would be used to prevent cheating.

I think the best way it coulda worked come to think of it now, is....take a series of like say 6 numbers, and have the contestant pick them one at a time, with Bob asking questions about where/if it was in the price of the car like he did after the general knowledge question in the actual game. Then it'd have been strictly pricing based. Coulda worked under that format I think.