Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/21/2007  (Read 16239 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/21/2007
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 05:45:09 PM »
Richie wrote:
I agree with heels on this one...."hottie stopper" should be used as a new term on Golden-road.net.

Ah, no. Not here.

Online Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
sorry Joe.  I'll detract the "hottie stopper" term.

Offline chargerchick

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 06:19:42 PM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:

Richie wrote:
And Heels, I'm surprised you went against hottie Amber in chat.

1) Amy's one of us.
2) She was a hottie, too. :-D

I don't do chat...but Richie, Am I to beleive that you weren't pulling for me?? (You don't want me to start crying again do you!)  :-P

Thanks Heels for your support!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 06:19:55 PM »
PG #1:  Swap Meet again?!  Didn't we just see this 2 1/2 weeks ago?  I was torn between the chair and flatware for the right price... but I'm shocked that somebody actually picked the golf clubs, which was the most wrong of the three.

PG #2:  Yay!  Switcheroo!  :-P  $30 for the mop?!  What was she thinking?

PG #3:  $14.09 for a bag of dog food?!  

Has anybody ever quit at $1,000 before, Steve?

One-Bid #4:  Stain remover with a washer and dryer... one of those very rare appropriate product plugs.

PG #4:  Easy.  That bed was definitely not gonna be $9,000.

One-Bid #5:  WHOO!  It's chargerchick!  :-D

PG #5:  Yay!  Big Banana for Card Game!  :-P  Historical question time again:  When was the last time somebody drew an ace right off the bat, if it actually has happened before?

PG #6:  Yay!  Half-Off cue!  :-P  Dang, 1RP has now been played 20 times this season.

SCSD #2:  W00t!  Another $6,000 winner!  (Just too bad it came from the contestant who isn't the Heels Hottie, and especially the contestant who isn't Amy...)

Showcase #1:  Platinum cookware, Pulaski furniture, Wurlitzer piano... I can smell it from a mile away that anybody bidding under 23 large is gonna be GARFED...

Showcase #2:  ... but Daniel is actually gonna win cuz anybody bidding over 23 large is gonna be WILLYED.

My showcase bids:
Random room/piano--$26,595
Car--$18,888

Result:  $31,900?!  Dang, I won that showcase in CSS, but even I garfed it.  That's a CSS rarity.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Online Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 06:24:47 PM »
Amy for the record, I [color=009900]was[/color] pulling for you-----I don't want you to cry again.....please don't take it personally.  My apologies to you if I offended you...

Amber on the other hand: she didn't play Card Game too well.  Most of us in chat did NOT like Amber's final bid for the car in Card Game.

Offline chargerchick

• In the Audience
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 06:35:38 PM »
Aw, I'm just giving you a hard time Richie! I mean it's not like it would have changed the outcome of the show. All I REALLY wanted was to give Bob a hug and a kiss, the prizes were just a bonus! I'll be pulling for ya' when you go!  :-D

Online Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 06:37:17 PM »
Thanks Amy.  I always fall for a lot of sarcasm.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 07:53:18 PM »
I can understand why Sondra lost in Swap Meet today.  I think a majority of the audience thought that the flatware was pricey and the golf clubs were pretty cheap.  

Speaking of Swap Meet, I've noticed they have placed the first prize closer to the big doors than they usually do.  This happened on the last couple of playings.  It's a little interesting if you ask me.

I really liked Gilda and wanted her to win Switcheroo.  It's a shame she only walked out of there with a mop, drink maker, and and a shredder.  The car's price is always tricky with that fourth digit.

I wonder what Daniel was thinking when he placed that small bag of dog food in the $14.09 position and the pain relief in the $4.49 position.  It's a good thing he bailed out when he did.  I'm doubting we will ever have a $16,000 win before the season's out.  When was the last time someone bailed out at $1,000?

Coming or Going was pretty easy today.  There was no way a bed like that would cost nearly $9,000.

Card Game was tough today.  I'm guessing that not many people know about Dodge's new Nitro SUV or its price, so I can't really complain about Amber losing.

Amy, congrats on winning your game!  It was kind of easy to tell which prize was $2,698.  There are not many sofas that fetch that price.

That was a close $10K win on the wheel there, the pointer was nudged on the peg!

I thought the workout video showcase was very entertaining.  I think anything offered from Wurlitzer is on sterioids.  Just an average-looking Splendido! showcase that fetched over $30K how often does that happen?
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »
chargerchick wrote:  Robert was making us FURIOUS! He kept going one dollar above my friend Kris!  And about Kristine's "suicide" bid, please take note, on how long she thought about her bid...she really wanted to give me a chance to get up there,(what a friend!) I was kinda afraid when I bid $600, about going too high, but I have a stict policy about the whole "one dollar more" thing, and wasn't gonna bid $576. I didn't want to be a dream killer like Robert was.

Did you know Kristine before today's show?  I noticed you two were sitting right next to each other, and were wearing similar though not identical shirts... or was she just a friend you made in line?

On another note, I don't ever remember such complaining about another contestant by another contestant before today.  I can understand where that's coming from... surprising to actually hear it, though.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 09:37:29 PM »
What was lacking in the first half was more than made up for in the second half.

After I heard a 46-piece set of flatware, I picked the chair for some reason. I did know, however, that the golf set was to be avoided.

Pretty easy setup for Switcheroo. When Gilda didn't change the 7 in the car and the 8 in the camcorder, I knew she had won the other 3 prizes.

Daniel had all the correct products for It's In the Bag, he just got the dog food and the capzasin placed at the wrong bags. At least he bailed out at the right time and got $1000.

Another proper prize/product plug. Robert was a good contestant, who got a really easy playing of Coming or Going.

Amber was fun, doing her modeling pose during the second showcase showdown. Too bad she didn't win Card Game. If she had went a couple thousand higher, she would have won. I thought $20,110 for the Nitro, but I thought that was more than just standard equipment. So I bid $19,500.

Amy was awesome. Fun, happy, crying. Just great all around. Congrats on winning One Right Price chargerchick! Sorry for you not winning the showcase showdown though. So close to surviving.

That's the first time I've ever seen someone spin a dollar upon automatically being in the showcase. Robert was so close to winning $10,000 more, but anyone would be happy with $5000 extra.

Daniel's showcase was way more higher in price than I thought it was. I assumed he had overbid. Rachel's Workout showcase was put together well.

Best Contestant- Amy

Showcase #1- $16,000
Difference- $15,945 (my highest yet)

Showcase #2- $21,000
Difference- $1280

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 10:16:29 PM »
Did anyone else notice the dude on-stage in a green TShirt waving at the camera? You could clearly see him as Gilda got lost on her way to the turntable.

Kudos to you ChargerChick Amy! I was rooting for the wheel to move one more peg. I don't normally talk to the TV so it might have been the lack of oxygen to my brain (I exercise during Price). :)

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 10:31:58 PM »
Swap Meet : Golf clubs might have been a wrong pick for us, but for an occasional viewer, I bet it's hard to price a carousel horse.

Switcheroo : I thought it was dumb to only switch 2 numbers when you have only 1 price right ...

IITB : Dog food for more than $10 ?!?!?!?

COG : No way that price could've been more than $8K, so it was an easy pick.

IUFB 5 : Go Amy!!!!!!!!!

Card Game : That was a pretty cheap bid. Guess she didn't shop for cars in the last few weeks. Although, I would've said $18k and lost.

ORP : Way to go Amy! We were all rooting for ya! We're proud of ya!

SCSD2 : Stupid wheel! But oh well, I'm sure you'll have a lifetime of memories from that day!

Showcases : That showcase was HOW MUCH? I think nobody (save for 2 people) in the chat saw that "Splendido on steroids" showcase coming!

Good show! And again, way to go Amy!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 10:38:24 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6713

Showcase #1: Dido's Showcase
The first thing I'll do:  I'll give you the dining room's price - $11,915

The following two prizes made their first appearances on February 6 and 7, and now they are making their second appearances in this showcase:
Professional Platinum Cookware (appeared February 6 in Master Key) - $2,535 and the record now stands 1-1.
Wurlitzer Grand Piano (appeared February 7 in the showcases) - $17,495 and the record now stands 2-0.

Showcase #2: Rachel's Own Workout Video
Phat Stretch - $520
Phat Aloha - Its website doesn't list a price, so I say it's $330.
Trip to Montego Bay - Hmm...haven't heard of a hotel named Breezes on our show before. Your price is $5,885.
Dodge Caliber - $15,545

Modeling Report Card Totals on a Chinese Restaurant Sign for May 21, 2007

This makes me want to eat an egg roll while I'm watching your prizes, and Gwennie Osborne has high score.

Rachel Reynolds:
Won:  $6,805 (3, 15.9498%)
Lost:  $35,860 (3, 84.0502%)
$42,655

Gwennie Osborne:
Won:  $21,096 (4, 39.4023%)
Lost:  $32,444 (4, 60.5977%)
$53,540

Lauren Jones:
Won:  $23,580 (5, 50.2933%)
Lost:  $23,305 (3, 49.7067%)

Lauren's final total:  These eight prizes total $46,885, combined with the $1,007,139 in the 183 prizes you modeled previously, gives you a 191-prize grand total Lauren, of $1,054,024!  Congratulations!

I see two grocery plugs and 26 prizes, which total $128,026.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 12:05:20 AM »
Swap: I figured those Golf Clubs wasn't the same amount as the Carousel Horse.

Switcheroo: Tough break. Even I thought she had the car.

IITB: $10 Dog Food??!! Be glad you stopped.

CoG: So simple.

Card: I told her to bid around $19,000, but she went low.

1RP: To Amy, You showed a lot of good charisma as a great TPIR contestant and you deserve to win at all costs. I congratulate you and you enjoy your prizes.

SCSD #2: OUCH!! The wheel treated Amy bad. DOUBLE OUCH!!! A tad close to another $11K Win.

Showcases: TRIPLE OUCH!! I really thought Robert was close on that Dodge Caliber showcase. The price of the Dining Room/Piano showcase knocked me senseless.

A 2.75-star show.

Offline chargerchick

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 12:50:10 AM »
chargerchick wrote:
Robert was making us FURIOUS! He kept going one dollar above my friend Kris! ...

Ok, maybe "furious" was a strong word, but it was frustrating!

Frank15 wrote:
Did you know Kristine before today's show?  I noticed you two were sitting right next to each other, and were wearing similar though not identical shirts...

I have known Kris for over 10 years, and we have made many trips to CBS together! I was so excited when she got called, and wasn't even listening for my name after she was called. I have always used the term "dream killer", even when I watch at home. I just feel SO bad when someone's dream of getting on stage is already smashed, before Bob even reads the price! And yes, I realize that Kris did "0-one" on that last bid...(I was kinda shocked.) I know it's a "game", but I don't know. I just wish everyone could get up there!  :cry:

[color=CC0000]MOD NOTE: Quoting truncated and rearranged for clarity. - JC[/color]