Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/21/2007  (Read 16241 times)

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/21/2007
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 07:19:53 AM »
I had lost track of the date (not uncommon for me), so I thought this would be just another hour with Bob until Amy got called down...

"Wait a second. I've seen that shirt before.. Holy cow! It's ChargerChick! Go Amy Go!"

I was thrilled to see you win your way up on stage (and, no, certainly can't blame you for crying)..

I was even more thrilled to see you win your pricing game...

But that wheel. Evil. Sorry that the wheel ended up getting you that day. Especially since it would've been great to watch one of us, a true LFAT, make it to the Showcases for the first time in... Well, since Tom! (Though, don't ask me when the last time one of us made it there during a daytime show. Roger, do you know?)

But, it was great to finally see your show! You got called! You got to play a pricing game! You got to touch that big wheel!

One of us! One of us! :-D

Another note: On Bob's comments after Robert's spin. No, that is not the first time that has ever happened. I vividly recall seeing that happen a year or two ago, and joking "Wow, someone got that $1.00 in their one spin after already having a spot in the Showcases! That doesn't happen very often!"

So, "very rare" is right.. It's possible you can count on one hand how many times that has happened since 1975.. But that was not the first.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline adampyl

• 5/16/07
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 11:53:13 AM »
Madonna--The last one to make it to the showcase in the daytime version was.. uh.. me :-D

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2007, 12:53:18 PM »
Your right, Adam.. And just a couple days after I congratulated you on your win, no less! *picks up her boot and smacks herself with it*

Sorry. The beaurocrats have been so busy having me run in circles this week that I would lose my head if it wasn't attached to my neck. :confused:
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline TK416

• Outside in Line
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »
Amy - Congrats on your WIN and enjoy that TV!