Author Topic: FPG 2/26/21 - RESULTS  (Read 1370 times)

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
FPG 2/26/21 - RESULTS
« on: February 26, 2021, 01:01:48 PM »
When I was inputting everyone's lineups in the spreadsheet this morning, I was noticing a lot of very similar second halves. I was a little worried about those lineups coming to fruition, but I should've been worried about that first half. People did a good job of figuring out the first couple games and then things went downhill. Less points for slotting, less games chosen; there's a big gap between the top 3/4 and the rest of the group. Here's the rundown:

Spelling Bee - 11 picks. tpir04 and Jarod nailed it, 9821 gets 1x PA, Sweeper and Wayo gets 2x PA.
Most Expen$ive - 7 picks. 04 nailed it and was the only one to pick it for a loss. Cephas gets 1x PA, Jarod and Flerb get 2x PA.
Clock Game - 4 picks. Plinkoman, Sweeper, Punchy, Wayo get 10K each, Wayo also receives 4/16.
Balance Game - 6 picks. Punchy and Wayo nailed it.
Now... or Then - SANDBAG.
Card Game - 3 picks. Punchy, I, and Tan8 each get 15K.

We got our first sandbag in a while and that's the biggest thing. 04 had a perfect 1-2 and then couldn't capitalize on anything else. Wayo might have predicted Bee incorrectly, but he had a better 3-4 and that gave him the win.  Punchy also got Balance and got game 6 as well. That covers most of the lineup and our top 3 with Wayo at 10/30, 04 with 9/38, and Punch holding 8/32. Come back next time as we get accustomed to the March season and hope we don't go mad with basketball. I will see you all then!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FPG 2/26/21 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 01:50:53 PM »
When Kev informed me I had a blind spot on Race, I felt like I wasn't doing so hot today... but somehow my Bee/Clock half actually happened, no 4 prizers, Math was actually bait and successfully avoided by me thanks to Clock, and yet another regular GP. That's FPG for you.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: FPG 2/26/21 - RESULTS
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 02:09:34 PM »
With the way my scores have been lately I wasn't really expecting more than 3/10. Maybe one or two games, correct, but slotted wrong. So you can imagine my surprise when I nail Bee and ME, for 8/36 not even halfway through. Aaaand then came Clock Game. Was it due? I guess so, but again Math was some awfully delicious bait that I seasoned with 6 CP and a PA, putting a real damper on my spirits and setting a precedent for the rest of the show.

That was a really weird back half too, never in a million years was I going to guess NoT; maybe in two weeks and even then I don't usually slot rare games like it and others. Card we had last week, it usually skips a couple weeks at a time which it didn't here.

So yeah, best performance in a very long time, for which I am proud, but...darn you Wayo :P
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!