Author Topic: Daylight Saving Time Starts This Weekend  (Read 643 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Daylight Saving Time Starts This Weekend
« on: March 09, 2021, 04:54:53 PM »
Well it's this time of year again if you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving Time, spring forward one hour beginning at 2 am March 14 (Europe won't switch until the 28th). More and more states (15 as of this moment) are wanting to end the practice of switching the clocks to keep DST year round, however it requires Congress to make such changes at the federal level.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Daylight Saving Time Starts This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 06:32:54 PM »
luckily for me, with the exception of my glucose meter (and my microwave, which I never use the clock on) I don't have to worry about setting the time on most of my clocks.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 64 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 08:07:17 AM »
Georgia is one of the states seeking year-round DST, but there's a second group who wants year-round standard time. As noted,  Congress still has the final say-so.
Bureaucracy is cutting the red tape lengthwise.

Online SeaBreeze341

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 09:59:40 PM »
I pretty much never move my clocks back whenever daylight savings end.  The period between early November and early-to-mid March goes so fast that, IMO, it's pointless to do it.  The only times I would change would be if there was a power outage or, for my car clock, if it get reset due to a recharge or something that occurred during service/inspection.

I don't think I've switched the times over the past decade or so for the most part.  Of course, the other reason is that most of what I use to tell the time does it automatically
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck